Penal Madrid

Morten

I would like to see a midfield trio of Modric, Kroos and Kovacic, when neither are injuried(yeah right). But i think fsw like that player-type too much.

gatsu

I would like to see a midfield trio of Modric, Kroos and Kovacic, when neither are injuried(yeah right). But i think fsw like that player-type too much.

With no natural DM? Who's going to defend, especially if Ronaldo and Bale are starters, you'll have the same problem as last year, a lot of space in your midfield.

If Madrid wants to produce good and coherent football they have only one thing to do, get ride of the track and field athletes, Bale and Ronaldo.

Morten

With no natural DM? Who's going to defend, especially if Ronaldo and Bale are starters, you'll have the same problem as last year, a lot of space in your midfield.

If Madrid wants to produce good and coherent football they have only one thing to do, get ride of the track and field athletes, Bale and Ronaldo.

It worked just fine, before all the injuries.

ManusXavi

Just watching the Sevilla-Real Madrid game now. After the goal of Ramos (1-0) I spotted a Real Madrid fan holding up a Madrid shirt with Messi #10 on the back.
Is that suppose to be an insult. :shrug:
It seems like he is praising Messi. :thinking:

Richard.H

How many Madridistas actually feel the same way as Beast and Raed (wanting Benitez to be sacked) ? I feel like you guys are in the minority. I'm sure a lot of Madridistas love the fact that he is Spanish, and because of that alone he is the right man for the job. Also, I'm sure a lot of Madridistas think he brings a lot of defensive stability to the team, which you guys were seriously missing last season.

mark1nhu

How many Madridistas actually feel the same way as Beast and Raed (wanting Benitez to be sacked) ? I feel like you guys are in the minority. I'm sure a lot of Madridistas love the fact that he is Spanish, and because of that alone he is the right man for the job. Also, I'm sure a lot of Madridistas think he brings a lot of defensive stability to the team, which you guys were seriously missing last season.

Most Madridistas on Reddit are blaming injuries and Ronaldo. At least for what I have seen.

Beast

The Observer
Well Richard... the majority
Benitez been a dead man walking from day one.. his reputation isn't what the fans were looking for
Majority still think sacking Carlo was a big mistake , sure his second season had too many coaching mistakes like lack of rotations & proper subs for the attacking trio, the midfield was walking on thin ice ..losing Modric exposed that weakness & we throw away the league & the lead in few weeks after we lost him
but you want to comparison you just look at the first half of last season.. the football we played , the results (including the 3-1 of the clasico ) .. was superb
all started with Jan break and Milan friendly loss than Ateltico etc we never recovered properly

now you see the team playing like this
---------------DEF-------------------
---------------MID------------------

--------------Attack---------------

certainly Rafa proved his doubters right... Madridista take most games for granted .. it's mandatory to beat 17 out of 19 teams... allowed to maybe draw in 3-4 of them max
than you have Barca & Atletico ... so whatever Rafa did since he joined is nothing impressive by any standards
the Injuries didn't excuse his tactics but gave him a lifeline till he has everyone back however there are people like me who believe the injuries are Rafa fault... we never suffered that much injuries and the only new thing in the club is Rafa & his staff ...i expect 2-3-4 injuries but not 12 and most of them are now reoccurring injuries

.. As i said the last page , this team is not built to defend... sure you will "FEEL " defensive stability because the team is defending with 7 players and Navas is way better than Iker in his last season ... compare that to Carlo who had
1- Iker
2- 2 CB maybe 1-2 CM in front with Carvajal & Marcelo bombing forward ...

that explains the "defensive feeling " some are seeing.. truth is Seville exposed that Navas been saving Rafa , the individual talents been saving Rafa... and throwing numbers at the back .. but the truth is there no defensive improvement or stability

Ask any Madridista .. if he likes his team to go ahead with a goal and than sit back to defend the lead ? i know what the answer will be without exception
Rafa is actually playing like Emery in the last few seasons in big games.. when they used to defend once they go ahead

counting the days till he is sacked and probably the clasico is the final nail in the coffin if Perez is smart

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Sacking him after Classico? no coach should be sacked this early unless he got disastrous result .same things was said about Lucho last year
Give him this season or at least until February .but sacking a coach this early will bring RM back few steps and won't do anything good to the club
It isn't like there is way better coaches options who would magically change the style of play in 2 weeks

Beast

The Observer
Big difference between both
Lucho was a young coach who can learn and improve... Rafa is an old dog who's been doing this thing for 17-18 years and he is not known for his tactical tinkering ala Ranieri

Rafa style was always like what we see today... what will he improve ? turn a version of his attacking self ?
you don't teach old dog new tricks ... what Rafa is showing on the pitch is what we all feared and documented in his thread ..

Jan not after the clasico (makes no sense ) , Jan will give the new coach who most probably could be Zidane 45 days before the CL which is always for us the most important
or even Carlo again .. hell i know with this wealth in squad Carlo could do a great job ..

Morten

No, not yet. But i think hardly any of us wanted him in the first place. Sacking Ancelotti was a big mistake, and purely Perez doing. Real Madrid isnt supposed to sit back and defend, sure, sometimes it happens, but not nearly as much as we have been under Rafa. And it shows, we dont look that solid when sitting back and defending, because of the players we have, and the football-culture. This isnt Chelski or Inter, who had/has a style for this type of play, its not going to work, never have.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Isco got injured and had to leave the Spain camp. So it begins,or to be more precise,so it continues..

Beast

The Observer
Continue more like it , though with his current form i would be glad to see him rested

how many injured in the last 2 month ? 15 now out of 24 players ...

khaled_a_d

Big difference between both
Lucho was a young coach who can learn and improve... Rafa is an old dog who's been doing this thing for 17-18 years and he is not known for his tactical tinkering ala Ranieri

Rafa style was always like what we see today... what will he improve ? turn a version of his attacking self ?
you don't teach old dog new tricks ... what Rafa is showing on the pitch is what we all feared and documented in his thread ..

Jan not after the clasico (makes no sense ) , Jan will give the new coach who most probably could be Zidane 45 days before the CL which is always for us the most important
or even Carlo again .. hell i know with this wealth in squad Carlo could do a great job ..

A lot of coaches was able to redeem themselves after failures ,it isn't a new thing and possibly Rafa can do it (hopefully not :lol:)
Sacking Ancelotti and appointing Rafa was a mistake but you don't correct a mistake with another one .sacking a coach in middle of the season is an act of desperation and RM isn't desperate yet
I highly doubt Ancelotti will accept coming back after few months of being sacked ,and he already said PL is his next destination .Zidane? that is a career suicide to put him in his 1st "real" coaching job in middle of the season
You are top of your group on CL ,you are in title race in the league . wait & see how the season play out b4 jumping to conclusion .you guys aren't better than perez if you want your coach out in November after 1st loss of the season

Beast

The Observer
Carlo left on a very good terms , he loved the club & adored by the fans & players who were pissed off the club let him go
he still lives in Madrid (which tells you a lot about his relation to the city & the people ) and if he was offered the job again he would sign immediately

Zidane had more coaching time now than Pep when he took over (for example not comparison .. Pep was a rare case ) he is being groomed for the job

Horatio

You're welcome
Carlo left on a very good terms , he loved the club & adored by the fans & players who were pissed off the club let him go
he still lives in Madrid (which tells you a lot about his relation to the city & the people ) and if he was offered the job again he would sign immediately

Zidane had more coaching time now than Pep when he took over (for example not comparison .. Pep was a rare case ) he is being groomed for the job

"Good terms" depend on how you look at it.
Only today an article was released where he makes it clear that he doesn't understand why het got fired and that he thought it was unfair.

Ancelotti: Together with three Real players the reasons I could sympathize with Real.
I thought he was an amazing coach even when coaching Real.

Home of Barca Fans