Penal Madrid

Beast

The Observer
We didn't understand either not because he didn't make mistakes because he sure did especially in the league ,but because he is still better than any of the other choices and 10 times better than Rafa
He has great relation with everyone in the club , he took his wife to attend CR movie premiere the other day too which shows how much they still adore him as a person
he is of course sad that he was sacked but he understands how the club work more than anyone.. you can read as well that he knew if he didn't win la decima he would have been gone too .. he said he knew that when he signed... that's Carlo but i have no doubt if the club ask him to come he will .. he really loves it over there

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Well Richard... the majority
Benitez been a dead man walking from day one.. his reputation isn't what the fans were looking for
Majority still think sacking Carlo was a big mistake , sure his second season had too many coaching mistakes like lack of rotations & proper subs for the attacking trio, the midfield was walking on thin ice ..losing Modric exposed that weakness & we throw away the league & the lead in few weeks after we lost him
but you want to comparison you just look at the first half of last season.. the football we played , the results (including the 3-1 of the clasico ) .. was superb
all started with Jan break and Milan friendly loss than Ateltico etc we never recovered properly

now you see the team playing like this
---------------DEF-------------------
---------------MID------------------

--------------Attack---------------

certainly Rafa proved his doubters right... Madridista take most games for granted .. it's mandatory to beat 17 out of 19 teams... allowed to maybe draw in 3-4 of them max
than you have Barca & Atletico ... so whatever Rafa did since he joined is nothing impressive by any standards
the Injuries didn't excuse his tactics but gave him a lifeline till he has everyone back however there are people like me who believe the injuries are Rafa fault... we never suffered that much injuries and the only new thing in the club is Rafa & his staff ...i expect 2-3-4 injuries but not 12 and most of them are now reoccurring injuries

.. As i said the last page , this team is not built to defend... sure you will "FEEL " defensive stability because the team is defending with 7 players and Navas is way better than Iker in his last season ... compare that to Carlo who had
1- Iker
2- 2 CB maybe 1-2 CM in front with Carvajal & Marcelo bombing forward ...

that explains the "defensive feeling " some are seeing.. truth is Seville exposed that Navas been saving Rafa , the individual talents been saving Rafa... and throwing numbers at the back .. but the truth is there no defensive improvement or stability

Ask any Madridista .. if he likes his team to go ahead with a goal and than sit back to defend the lead ? i know what the answer will be without exception
Rafa is actually playing like Emery in the last few seasons in big games.. when they used to defend once they go ahead

counting the days till he is sacked and probably the clasico is the final nail in the coffin if Perez is smart

The defensive feeling is not only because he throws more numbers at the back, it is because he concedes the ball so much, so we have wave after wave of attacks. Then Keylor steps in. It took 2 years for Carlo to teach Real Madrid how to retain the ball after 10 years of anxiety attacking football. The only team to attack with comfort was the team with Ronaldo Figo Zidane Raul before Beckham joined, and they were shit defensively anyway but had so much confidence going up and they retained it up front.

When you are under pressure both defensively and your under pressure to score, your team begins to fall apart, tactically and mechanically. Rafa doesn't realize that because he is trying to emulate Mourinho, who failed in his first season playing this tactic, won the league by going for goal, and trimmed the squad in his third season and reverted back to first year principles, and got fucked. And Rafa isn't as good as Mourinho who is having a breakdown.

Additionally, there is a huge gap between the player's liking and Rafa's wet dream, and any manager who wants the job at Real needs to know your best shot at winning anything is winning the players over.

Ancelotti's mistakes were recoverable, it was easy fixes, Perez's biggest mistake in sacking Ancelotti is hiring someone very different. Should've hired Klopp, even if he failed, he would've taught the players something good, Rafa undoes many advances Ancelotti made.

In short:

1.) Outdated tactics
2.) Lost the players tactically
3.) Lost the players to injury
4.) Hopefully he loses his job too
5.) Because if he doesn't, and wins something with Real, its only a few months from then on that wheels will fall off (Check Schuster, Mourinho).

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Continue more like it , though with his current form i would be glad to see him rested

how many injured in the last 2 month ? 15 now out of 24 players ...

He seemed so jaded and unfocused. Good thing he got his rest, let us see what James and Bale do.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
We didn't understand either not because he didn't make mistakes because he sure did especially in the league ,but because he is still better than any of the other choices and 10 times better than Rafa
He has great relation with everyone in the club , he took his wife to attend CR movie premiere the other day too which shows how much they still adore him as a person
he is of course sad that he was sacked but he understands how the club work more than anyone.. you can read as well that he knew if he didn't win la decima he would have been gone too .. he said he knew that when he signed... that's Carlo but i have no doubt if the club ask him to come he will .. he really loves it over there

Give Capello, Mr. Pride, another go and he will come. And he's been sacked twice, winning 2 leagues in those two years, LOL. Maybe Ancelotti would come but I wouldn't want him because we need to move forward. Zidane should take the team next time but he needs an excellent assistant, I wonder who it would be.

F

forcabarca

Give Capello, Mr. Pride, another go and he will come. And he's been sacked twice, winning 2 leagues in those two years, LOL. Maybe Ancelotti would come but I wouldn't want him because we need to move forward. Zidane should take the team next time but he needs an excellent assistant, I wonder who it would be.

:mou:

khaled_a_d

Carlo left on a very good terms , he loved the club & adored by the fans & players who were pissed off the club let him go
he still lives in Madrid (which tells you a lot about his relation to the city & the people ) and if he was offered the job again he would sign immediately

Zidane had more coaching time now than Pep when he took over (for example not comparison .. Pep was a rare case ) he is being groomed for the job

Pep was preparing himself for coaching job b4 he even retired .got all credits b4 moving to Barca B (did Zidane even got his license yet?) and Zidane has like few months of experience more than Pep did
More importantly ,even Pep didn't take over Rijkaard b4 summer .that is the point I am trying to make
Rijkaard himself said he was told in January 2008 that Pep will take over at the end of the year .a decision made in January but the club didn't risk him b4 summer .doing that with Zidane could destroy his career b4 it starts .he will need to take the team on good conditions ,with the transfers he asks for and with full pre-season .

Ancelotti had left all the clubs in good terms ,already said he will go back to Milan at some point .clubs like PSG & Chelsea would love to get him back .he himself already said he wants to go to EPL .
May be he will accept coming back ,but really don't see it .and even if so ,he won't come b4 January due to his rehab

MaxY

Devil May Cry
The latest rumor is that Flo is willing to offload Ronaldo and Benzema this summer to get Lewandowski and eventually Hazard. I don't usually believe in rumors but this one isn't that far-stretched. It's the last chance to sell Ronaldo for good money and he's declining,he wouldn't like to see the fans turn on him. Benzema is one of his favorites but he's a troublesome child. Countless problems with his driving and now this whole big incident. Not to mention that Benzema doesn't sell too many shirts and Lewandowski is probably the best CF atm. Also some talk that Real could activate Neymar's 134 M pounds + tax buyout clause or something like that but I think it's bullshit. I think Flo would actually go for it but I don't think Neymar would do that. It would be a smart move tho, it would be the easiest road to rival for Ballon d'Or. Neymar probably isn't getting it while he's playing with Messi, meanwhile he would have a great shot to win it. Imagine if Neymar was getting all the service that Ronaldo gets. Neymar is twice the player than Ronaldo is atm.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I am not sure if Hazard is the real deal but Zidane has an eye for talent, so I'll stay quiet. How the hell do you pry away Lewandowski from Bayern? Its a more difficult task than Hazard from Chelsea. All bullshit.

khaled_a_d

The latest rumor is that Flo is willing to offload Ronaldo and Benzema this summer to get Lewandowski and eventually Hazard. I don't usually believe in rumors but this one isn't that far-stretched. It's the last chance to sell Ronaldo for good money and he's declining,he wouldn't like to see the fans turn on him. Benzema is one of his favorites but he's a troublesome child. Countless problems with his driving and now this whole big incident. Not to mention that Benzema doesn't sell too many shirts and Lewandowski is probably the best CF atm. Also some talk that Real could activate Neymar's 134 M pounds + tax buyout clause or something like that but I think it's bullshit. I think Flo would actually go for it but I don't think Neymar would do that. It would be a smart move tho, it would be the easiest road to rival for Ballon d'Or. Neymar probably isn't getting it while he's playing with Messi, meanwhile he would have a great shot to win it. Imagine if Neymar was getting all the service that Ronaldo gets. Neymar is twice the player than Ronaldo is atm.

Why would Bayern ever let Lewa go?

Beast

The Observer
No Lewa... Perez won't go for players above the age of 26ish as investment
you can see the pattern , he wants them young and yet to peak which rules out all the Lewa rumors
Hazard is the man who will replace CR position hands down... i think Zizou will have a say in that most definitely
As for Neymar... this would open up pandora's box and destroy the gentleman agreement we had...
Neymar could be the one leaving if they keep massaging his ego (like Dunga did yesterday )that he feels needs a team on his own and not live in Messi shadow..
who knows but i don't see us breaking our pact with Barca not for Neymar or anyone

Morten

You never know. You can't even compare the appeal of La Liga to Bundesliga. Nobody has the pull like Barcelona and RM do.

There is one club with similiar pull as Barca and Real, and that is Bayern. Buying star-players from Bayern is quite unrealistic, just as it would be the other way around. Neymar is also completely off-limit.

raskolnikov

There is one club with similiar pull as Barca and Real, and that is Bayern. Buying star-players from Bayern is quite unrealistic, just as it would be the other way around. Neymar is also completely off-limit.
Only way to achieve that is if the player himself wants a change of scenery.

Home of Barca Fans