Penal Madrid

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Hahah, poor madrid, their main tasks these days is just how to avoid humilliations :lol:

Anyway, good, now let's move on from this Bernabeu drama, same every year is getting tiresome.

Horatio

You're welcome
I am going to be devils advocate here again but what does the concert have to do with Copa final not being played there?
I think it was already clear Bernabeu would not be on the short list of stadia to be used for copa final.

It's still ironic that they picked out that date, but I don't see it as a preventive measure by Real for the game to not be played there.

F

Flavia

I am going to be devils advocate here again but what does the concert have to do with Copa final not being played there?

I think it was already clear Bernabeu would not be on the short list of stadia to be used for copa final.

Sevilla wanted the match in the bernaleo. If Barça weren't in the final, it'd surely be played there.

JamDav1982

Real wont want Barca winning trophy at their home ground just as Barca wouldnt want Real to at Camp Nou. This argument seems to come up every year and every year the out come is the same.

F

Flavia

But in the end Real has the last say into the matter right? They wouldn't have said yes anyways.

They need to have a motive. Even Tebas said the final should be there. We have gaspart to thank for it, anyway. He played the Barça anthem over and over in the bernaleo, in the 1997 final. That pissed floper forever :lol:

JamDav1982

They need to have a motive. Even Tebas said the final should be there. We have gaspart to thank for it, anyway. He played the Barça anthem over and over in the bernaleo, in the 1997 final. That pissed floper forever :lol:

Did they have a motive last year?

Think they just refused.

Horatio

You're welcome

Is it really true that they need a motive? What was the excuse for last years Copa not being played there?
If what you say is true and they need a legitimate excuse then yes this is hilarious.

I just fail to see how a Bruce Springsteen concert will solve the situation in any way. If anything, this will only draw more attention to the situation.
Especially consideringd Zidane already did the work for them by explaining that Madrid supporters are not waiting for the copa del rey final to be played in their stadium.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Did they have a motive last year?

Think they just refused.

Is it really true that they need a motive? What was the excuse for last years Copa not being played there?
If what you say is true and they need a legitimate excuse then yes this is hilarious.

I just fail to see how a Bruce Springsteen concert will solve the situation in any way. If anything, this will only draw more attention to the situation.
Especially concerning Zidane already did the work for them by explaining that Madrid supporters are not waiting for the copa del rey final to be played in their stadium.

Yes, they had a "motive". When it's not renovations of the stadium, it's a concert. Refusing just for rivalry is petty, and it wouldn't look good. It's not just because of that, anyway. Floper is still mad at the stunt gaspart played, and probably fears it could be done again. Barça played many finals in chamartin and in the bernaleo, before the 97 incident. And rm also played finals in the camp nou.

Horatio

You're welcome
Is it true that Barcelona started this feud in 2004 when they didn't let Real play in their stadium?

Provide me ammo for discussion.

Home of Barca Fans