Penal Madrid

BarçaBarça

Why would you admit LFP favours RM and not UEFA? Platini is under investigation ffs :facepalm:
We know some phishy things happen in football, people have sold the hosting of the world cup. Now, the frequency with which RM gets easy draws cannot be explained only by saying its pure luck, or at least it should induce people to investigate this case

Yes, Platini isn't a saint and yes LFP favours RM, but I don't think they have the same power in UEFA as Qatar has in FIFA, or as they have in the league (league prez. is outspokenly RM-fan, I don't know if that could happen anywhere else). I know that it might be too much to expect that UEFA is totally clean, but a lot of these 'conspiracies' you only see them when they go against your own team.

Since Mourinho RM has been lucky with draws in CL, which partly explains their recent successes in that tournament. But look at CL: There is a reason why no one has won it twice - luck (in drawings, injuries at wrong/right time, moment at the end of the season) plays a huge part. If you look at CL-history a lot of teams has won, who wasn't even the best team that year, and maybe shouldn't have been in the final in the first place!

And again some things doesn't fit, if the path should be swept for RM all the way: What about Atletico-RM in quarters last year? Why wasn't that fixed so they met Porto or Monaco?

Again - we share the same feelings - it is mindblowing unfair that they can avoid decent competition at crucial times, for years now. I just don't think it is rigged.

ricknattery

All I'm saying is knowing UEFA president is croocked and other authorities in football are as well, knowing also RM gets favoured in Spain (as you admit) and just watching the draws RM get 90% of the time should be enough for a thinking person to conclude there might be something phishy happening here. They should investigate this

khorne

All I'm saying is knowing UEFA president is croocked and other authorities in football are as well, knowing also RM gets favoured in Spain (as you admit) and just watching the draws RM get 90% of the time should be enough for a thinking person to conclude there might be something phishy happening here. They should investigate this

You can do that on your own if you want to. Just get a reasonable sample size, like all the knock out stage draws real madrid had since the champions league was established in 1992, then get some coefficient for "strength" of a team (if you're lazy you can just use their respective league positions at that time) check the distribution and screen it against what a standard urn model distribution should look like. If you find there's a bias to weak teams that exceeds the sd, off to Nyon you go. Now would actually be a good time, because they're all super sweet and anti-corruption-y down at uefa at the moment.

Conspiracy theories are like those ink blob test, you see the pattern you want to see. you find the exact sentiment like here in my local football forum, only that it's bayern who have rigged the drawing again. Or like when something goes in our favor, the entire internet spouts "uefalona strikes again!"

btw, if perez has a guy on the payroll for greasing wheels at uefa, he should ask his money back, because realistically the only thing making a difference for real would have been a bayern-barca qf

Trickykid

Here's a safe bet: after the win tonight they will come out and say that despite the odds being against them, they'll fight to the end!

The end of season Madridista mantra.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am reading that Casemiro's yellow received against Atletico has been cancelled so he will be available for the Clasico??

serghei

Nobody cares to investigate this shameless thing? It's been happening time and time again. RM plays teams that look more like Europa legue material till they reach the semis, can't be just "luck"

It's just luck. UEFA wouldn't have paired them with AM last season in the QF otherwise.

dostoevskij

Once modric, who will get 31 this year, looses his agility they will destabilize even more. basicall they need 2 out of 3 new persons in midfield soon (if they keep kroos). in my opinion casemiro is not starter material for a wolrd class club, you cant play james in this system in a three man midfield and Isco, well is Isco!

so with all this talk about the core of barcas team growing old i dont see this madrid team better at all in this aspect.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Looked like absolute shit all season and if Roma could finish they would've been out of the CL too. Now with their luck, I would bet good money on them winning the CL and maybe even the league. Not to mention the fucking boost we handed them tonight. Classic RM luck.

Home of Barca Fans