Penal Madrid

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Indeed. On the plus size our counterattacks would be godlike. The pace of Bale,Hazard and Aubameyang would be just unreal. Also without Ronaldo our front 3 could function more like MSN than BBC . There would be no Ronaldo to throw tantrums and do selfish things. Hazard would be content with mostly assisting and I'm sure Auba and Bale would happily oblige to score. When everything is summed I'm liking the current rumors. James and Isco are playing badly all year and If we stick with Zidane they are NEVER going to get better. There's just no place for them in the 4-3-3 with BBC up-front.
First we need to decide on a directive. Decide on the manager and let him decide on the system and formation then overhaul the squad to be perfect for that system. If it's Zidane then James has absolutely no place in the club.

Man that is the thing, I don't think Zidane wants the 4 3 3, he just has no alternative right now for a stop gap measure. I am sure he wants to play the 4 4 2 / 4 3 3 hybrid, which would work with the current players the best, but at the expense of Isco and James, because Bale is immovable, which is upsetting.

Morten

Man that is the thing, I don't think Zidane wants the 4 3 3, he just has no alternative right now for a stop gap measure. I am sure he wants to play the 4 4 2 / 4 3 3 hybrid, which would work with the current players the best, but at the expense of Isco and James, because Bale is immovable, which is upsetting.

The 4 3 3 is rubbish for us imo. 4 4 2 is our best formation, dont know why we insist on 4 3 3 either, BBC can play in a 4 4 2 as well, since all of them have to play.

ricknattery

Nobody cares to investigate this shameless thing? It's been happening time and time again. RM plays teams that look more like Europa legue material till they reach the semis, can't be just "luck"

Jurij

Either it is extreme luck or the whole thing is rigged. First they get Roma and now Wolfsburg while we get Arsenal and Atletico? What the hell is going on here? I really hope it's just 8 years luck with the balls and not cheating.

BarçaBarça

Nobody cares to investigate this shameless thing? It's been happening time and time again. RM plays teams that look more like Europa legue material till they reach the semis, can't be just "luck"

Are you serious? Of course there is no conspiracy. We are used to RM being favoured by LFP in our own League, but don't project it on to UEFA! This is not the African cup of nations - I can't imagine these draws being interfered with in any way! RM being specially treated in CL-draw is really facepalm-material for me - no way. But they are incredibly lucky, and I really hate that the can go all the way to at least semis, when they would have been knocked out had they met serious competition up until now :banghead:

Of course you could see changes in the system that favours, say, big teams, with some kind of seeding so they doesn't meet each other.

BarçaBarça

Which lineup do you think is better. The current one or the rumors one?
1. James-Modric-Kroos
Bale-Benzema-Ronaldo
2. Pogba-Modric-Kroos
Bale-Aubameyang/Morata-Hazard

I don't know that much about Hazard and if he can bounce back - but Aubameyang surely would be gold for you! He have outshone Lewandowski (!) at times this season, and with Morata as backup it is a very good CF-position all of a sudden (although Benzema have been good on the field - he just got loads of problems outside, it seems).

Pogba would also fit you quite well, I believe - most of all because he is not just a attacking midfielder, but more box-to-box. The total lack of defensive work from the attacking midfielders has been the achilles heel of this Real Madrid side for a long time.

If you really end of changing that much + new keeper etc. then the team would need at least a season to fully "click" together, and I don't know if that much patience would be offered. But of course the transfer-ban could avoid any new galactico attacking player, who would destroy the balance once again. I certainly would fear a new mix of players like the one you mention way more than the current side lead with Ronaldo as their focal point - surely Bale is already more important for the your team.

Morten

I don't know that much about Hazard and if he can bounce back - but Aubameyang surely would be gold for you! He have outshone Lewandowski (!) at times this season, and with Morata as backup it is a very good CF-position all of a sudden (although Benzema have been good on the field - he just got loads of problems outside, it seems).

Pogba would also fit you quite well, I believe - most of all because he is not just a attacking midfielder, but more box-to-box. The total lack of defensive work from the attacking midfielders has been the achilles heel of this Real Madrid side for a long time.

If you really end of changing that much + new keeper etc. then the team would need at least a season to fully "click" together, and I don't know if that much patience would be offered. But of course the transfer-ban could avoid any new galactico attacking player, who would destroy the balance once again. I certainly would fear a new mix of players like the one you mention way more than the current side lead with Ronaldo as their focal point - surely Bale is already more important for the your team.

Morata wont come here as backup, i recon he will only come back if he is a starter, which wont happen in a while. I like Benzema, but his off-field problems just keeps on mounting, i would ship him off for Aubemeyang this summer, if we can do business. Pogba is still to expensive for my liking, but we do need a new midfielder, not an attacking one, but an actual midfielder.

ricknattery

Are you serious? Of course there is no conspiracy. We are used to RM being favoured by LFP in our own League, but don't project it on to UEFA! This is not the African cup of nations - I can't imagine these draws being interfered with in any way! RM being specially treated in CL-draw is really facepalm-material for me - no way. But they are incredibly lucky, and I really hate that the can go all the way to at least semis, when they would have been knocked out had they met serious competition up until now :banghead:

Of course you could see changes in the system that favours, say, big teams, with some kind of seeding so they doesn't meet each other.

Why would you admit LFP favours RM and not UEFA? Platini is under investigation ffs :facepalm:
We know some phishy things happen in football, people have sold the hosting of the world cup. Now, the frequency with which RM gets easy draws cannot be explained only by saying its pure luck, or at least it should induce people to investigate this case

Home of Barca Fans