Penal Madrid

BarçaBarça

Who do you think is getting bought and sold?

I was sure Ronaldo would leave, but as unpredictable as RM is, I'm not 100% sure anymore, now that he has regained form.
I fear Isco+James goes and Pogba enters - that would be quite damaging for us, I think.

ManusXavi

If there might be one good thing about this nightmare >> Uncle Flo decides it is a good idea to keep Zidane as coach for next season :lol:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It's baffling. A manager change in the middle of the season (not to mention all the fuckups along the way) and you might still win it. But you've got balance and fitness, something we had in spades last year, and the rest is taking care of itself. It's clear what your setup has to be from here on out and who probably should go.

Gonna be a really interesting summer.

Edit: also, with Villarreal next, you're playing them at the perfect time. They've been pretty much been messing around in the league with a month or so because of their points advantage and focusing on the Europa. Would expect you guys to beat them this time, as you should of at El Madrigal.

To be honest Real Madrid players got what Barcelona players lost: Intent. Real Madrid play with intent and Barcelona's players do not. For reasons of fatigue or beyond that, Barcelona players are not up to par. Bale for example didn't run for Real, he ran for scoring, but under Zidane that's changed, and to our benefit.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Some big rumors are flying around.
1.Ronaldo to PSG,apparently he met with the PSG owner yet again,this is their 5th meeting.
2.James to Man. Utd. James wants to be the star of the team and be an undisputed starter. This obviously isn't happening in RM as they have no spot for another N10/CAM.
3. Benzema getting a contract extension.
4. Barca and Real being linked with Gimenez and Pogba.
Considering the transfer ban etc the most likely option that Real will sell and buy a shitton. Ronaldo is 31 and with the transfer ban being 2 years long.. It's a huge risk since he'll be 33/34 by then. Not ideal for left wing and he can't play as a striker. Most of the time rumors are just bullshit and make no sense,but personally each of these rumors makes sense to me.

J

Jamie Cal

To be honest Real Madrid players got what Barcelona players lost: Intent. Real Madrid play with intent and Barcelona's players do not. For reasons of fatigue or beyond that, Barcelona players are not up to par. Bale for example didn't run for Real, he ran for scoring, but under Zidane that's changed, and to our benefit.

Oh indeed, on a subconscious level that's hard to fabricate. You guys had your year without a trophy and so did we, a reaction will happen. It's just crazy that Barca have let this happen to themselves (that being said, credit to Atleti and Real for sticking in there), it's really terrible mismanagement.

BarçaBarça

Some big rumors are flying around.
1.Ronaldo to PSG,apparently he met with the PSG owner yet again,this is their 5th meeting.
2.James to Man. Utd. James wants to be the star of the team and be an undisputed starter. This obviously isn't happening in RM as they have no spot for another N10/CAM.
3. Benzema getting a contract extension.
4. Barca and Real being linked with Gimenez and Pogba.
Considering the transfer ban etc the most likely option that Real will sell and buy a shitton. Ronaldo is 31 and with the transfer ban being 2 years long.. It's a huge risk since he'll be 33/34 by then. Not ideal for left wing and he can't play as a striker. Most of the time rumors are just bullshit and make no sense,but personally each of these rumors makes sense to me.

Interesting stuff: If Ronaldo + James go, you need to bring on quality to your attack of course.
But really what RM should think about is if Casemiro is good enough for his (crucial) role, or if somebody should be bought there.
I don't know if RM would play Pogba there - he is too attacking-minded for a DM-role, isn't he?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Interesting stuff: If Ronaldo + James go, you need to bring on quality to your attack of course.
But really what RM should think about is if Casemiro is good enough for his (crucial) role, or if somebody should be bought there.
I don't know if RM would play Pogba there - he is too attacking-minded for a DM-role, isn't he?

I think Pogba does well when the whole system does well, I think he is terrific in a 4 4 2 where the midfield moves together in a line. He is not a holding midfielder, and so far Casemiro has done a fine job but I don't think he is great with Kroos because neither of them are fantastic dribblers or carriers of the ball. Kroos can distribute and Casemiro can destroy, so the load is on Modric to carry and dribble the ball. The 4 4 2 is the system we have in defense and 4 3 3 in offense, this suits Pogba.

While I think Pogba does well with both Kroos and Casemiro, I don't mind him replacing Kroos to be honest. However, if Ronaldo is not gone, then James is definitely gone, because this 4 4 2 / 4 3 3 hybrid is definitely requires an intelligent winger with high work ethic. When Bale on the right started putting in work, the system made sense. Under Rafa, he didn't help out and we suffered major loses. James however is not a winger, he cannot run the distances for a long period of time. He is being utilized in the league and so far its working but I doubt it will work against Barcelona or Atletico.

I still maintain that James should stay, along with Isco and that Ronaldo is the one that has to go for the future. I still believe that James-Benzema in attack and Isco-Casemiro-Kovacic-Bale in midfield is the future. Marcelo and Carvajal more than provide width and attacking excellence. Isco played under Ancelotti really well on the left wing as a decoy, and he has shown he can put in a defensive shift if necessary. Kovacic is basically Modric with a little more defensive grit but he is the future no doubt. He has the ball carrying skills and Casemiro is the 3rd center back that covers for Ramos' bursts of action.

BarçaBarça

I still maintain that James should stay, along with Isco and that Ronaldo is the one that has to go for the future. I still believe that James-Benzema in attack and Isco-Casemiro-Kovacic-Bale in midfield is the future. Marcelo and Carvajal more than provide width and attacking excellence. Isco played under Ancelotti really well on the left wing as a decoy, and he has shown he can put in a defensive shift if necessary. Kovacic is basically Modric with a little more defensive grit but he is the future no doubt. He has the ball carrying skills and Casemiro is the 3rd center back that covers for Ramos' bursts of action.

Very interesting thoughts - although it is never going to happen. RM will bring in some star from the Euros - you can just hope it is Pogba and not someone like Hazard.
This was my question really: is Casemiro really good enough to play that role in the future. If you stick with your presented formation, it would still be doubtful if Kovacic really can develop to the level of Modric (but he stills has some seasons in him to go) and if Casemiro really is good enough to play that crucial defensive destroyer-role.

But your suggestion shows that shaking the attack up a little could be done from inside without buying new galacticos to those positions to replace everybody who is sold.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
People seem to praise him for the stat but every game I've seen of Real under Zidane has looked like they lucked the win. Maybe it's his style but that RM side just doesn't look like they're as good as people say...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Unfortunately, they have shown the resilience of a champion yet again.... Their best player not available, 2 goals down and yet they come back to win the match!? Kind of frightening!!

tflags

Banned
Extremely elitist club with an elitist attitude, and a scum fan base to back it up. Only RM fans rival the scumminess of Bayern fans.
. . . Bayern doesn't really have much except for crappy league titles.

LOL. That coming from a team which just tied them? Brilliant! I seriously doubt your sample size of Bayern fans qualifies to compare them to anything but your imagination though.

J

Jamie Cal

Thought Isco looked good yesterday, but Kova was awful. Defense on the whole were awful. Credit to Bale again, though, he showed real balls.

Isco is most likely to go, but imo, he fits a lot better in this current iteration than James does.

Home of Barca Fans