Pep Guardiola

La LL

Generally Delightful
The media is going apeshit down here, wondering whether Pep is going to re-sign his contract. Do they always do this or what's this fuzz about? Journalists seemed to press Xavi on the issue at some conference from what I gathered by watching TV at the gym.

Maria

The media is going apeshit down here, wondering whether Pep is going to re-sign his contract. Do they always do this or what's this fuzz about? Journalists seemed to press Xavi on the issue at some conference from what I gathered by watching TV at the gym.
The spanish media is worse than Mourinho..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I would hazard a guess that this comes directly through Rosell's office...And has been seen in the press, Pep isn't going to be rushed...So players should just continue to honestly address questions but everyone should remain calm - and from the look of these interviews, I saw nothing but calmness...The players know what is going on, fans, by now, should as well

M

mitkoa7x

Sacchi told Pep that leaving Milan was a mistake and that Pep would make the same mistake if he leaves Barca. Hope he listens to one of the legends of the game.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I imagine Pep knows full well that any position after this one will be a step down for a variety of reasons...His potential desire to coach elsewhere isn't steeped in trying to trump what he's done here...Rather to expand his skills as a trainer with different challenges...We know this about Pep, he marches to the beat of a different drummer...So what makes sense for some, won't make sense for others let alone Pep

My belief, with him and leaving, has always been about when the time was right...Not necessarily once the team has peaked or started to fade but that elusive 'feeling' he speaks of...For such a demanding position at his own club, I imagine Pep needs to feel that drive to continue and that he's making a difference...When those things don't all align, I imagine that's when he will take a break...Because I do envision a break before taking the next position

The trump card in this discussion, for me, also has always been the support from the board...And we've discussed this before as to whether Rosell would be the one to expedite Pep's departure - and I suspect it will indeed happen sooner with Sandy than it would've been with say Laporta...We'll see but would love to get Cruyff back in tow because he'd be a great balance to the shenanigans Rosell likes to play through the media & back channels

UberNjufer

wenger-hercules.png

it all boils down to swag
:lol::lol: i can't breathe

UberNjufer

I imagine Pep knows full well that any position after this one will be a step down for a variety of reasons...His potential desire to coach elsewhere isn't steeped in trying to trump what he's done here...Rather to expand his skills as a trainer with different challenges...We know this about Pep, he marches to the beat of a different drummer...So what makes sense for some, won't make sense for others let alone Pep

My belief, with him and leaving, has always been about when the time was right...Not necessarily once the team has peaked or started to fade but that elusive 'feeling' he speaks of...For such a demanding position at his own club, I imagine Pep needs to feel that drive to continue and that he's making a difference...When those things don't all align, I imagine that's when he will take a break...Because I do envision a break before taking the next position

The trump card in this discussion, for me, also has always been the support from the board...And we've discussed this before as to whether Rosell would be the one to expedite Pep's departure - and I suspect it will indeed happen sooner with Sandy than it would've been with say Laporta...We'll see but would love to get Cruyff back in tow because he'd be a great balance to the shenanigans Rosell likes to play through the media & back channels
i somehow doubt Rosell would be keen to bring in cruyff

UberNjufer

Doesn't have to be up to him...The members can call for it, demand him be given an honorary role at the club ala Di Stefano...Put it to a vote
it would bring more tensions in to the club,and cruyff already rejected rosell for honorary role.Anyway rosell is a big setback for us atm,or could be if pep doesnt sign new contract

Home of Barca Fans