Pep Guardiola

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
My main worry (and others) is the uncertainty that is slowly growing stronger and stronger due to Pep not having made a decision yet. That uncertainty has with all possibility already affected the team in a negative way and if that has not been the case it surely will.

Where's the proof for this?...Why is this year any more pressure than say last season?...The players have had ample time to understand and appreciate Pep's process over the past 4 seasons so it's baseless to assume that suddenly they feel more pressure about it...If anything, they are more likely to be more relaxed about it

In the past few weeks various players have commented on Pep's situation daily and the media surely does not help in that regard.

That's all media and if you connect the dots, perhaps Rosell as well

What I am opposed to is that mentality of it being "impossible" to perform at a similar level (I did NOT say the same level BTW) or even improve should Pep decide to leave. That's a mentality of a small club.

I'm not opposed to the mentality, that's part of being a fan...To dream big...But there's also palpable reasonability as well as simple logic...This is arguably the pinnacle of football that the world has ever seen, non?...We're in routine discussions about Leo being the GOAT as well as the same about this team...The game has existed for many years and none of us can recall a time in our lifetime when any other club was in that sort of reasonable discussion...This is unprecedented and to assume this will continue indefinitely or be improved upon is justifiably insane...So the next coach is going to trump that?...Statistically speaking, it's a virtual impossibility...It could happen but the odds are very against it...So I don't buy that as a rationale

I don't know if you are aware of this but the position of Pep has already been discussed openly on several occasions both by Pep himself, Rosell, Zubi and the players just like all those parties have commented on a future FCB without Pep.

I didn't say talking about a future without Pep...I said talking about the specific people to replace Pep...Those are two very different things

So your main argument of commenting on Pep's position openly being the same as undermining him as a person, is already proving not to be bulletproof.

Just what I have been thinking about your argument from the start

My decision to even include Zubi's recent interview in Sport had nothing to do with the main part of my posts (which was the uncertainty the unresolved position of Pep has caused or can cause this season) but just an simple observation of the board (probably) not being prepared should Pep decide to quit this summer (which there is a possibility of) which I find unprofesional.

The implication was that you could see it in Zubi's face that they were unprepared for life after Pep...When in fact, I have been contending that Zubi is and has always been smarter than that when it comes to media...He gives nothing away and what he does reveal, he has purpose for doing so...Which by the way, has probably been the best thing about Rosell's tenure - Zubi has been doing a fantastic job

There was even a blog on Sport by Joan Vehils on this matter recently that stated how crucial it will be to choose the right replacement and not panic as has been the case too many times before at FCB. And I can guarantee you that this exact thing will happen once again if the board first decides to look after a replacement the day Pep officially leaves.

Again, this isn't news and it's not something that has suddenly risen in pressure...Since Pep has made it clear he'd be renewing on a yearly basis they've been planning on how to make that transition once he does leave...Those wheels have long been in motion, don't kid yourself...So, again, that says nothing about why that pressure is suddenly greater now...If anything, they've simply had more time to contemplate...But my guess is, they already know what they are going to do when Pep leaves

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
heavily linked with arsenal over here this morning, when is he gonna re sign?!

he's always said whilst the players are still motivated he will continue.. any reason to be worried?! i mean, look at the league..

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
uM64K.jpg

X

xaviniesta

he's always said whilst the players are still motivated he will continue.. any reason to be worried?! i mean, look at the league..

this is daily mail ffs !! ! ! ! ! !

:facepalm:

not hard to make a story - a british jourmalis sits on his desk to starts 'working' - he reads the sun and sees that arsene might leave arsenal this summer. then he reads goal.com and sees that pep struggles with barcelona this season and haven't still renewed his contract. then he reads barcaforum (HBA) and sees that everybody hates everybody in barca and it's all bad this season. he puts these 3 things together and get a wonerful story how pep will sign for arsenal after this season.

Clockwise

Buccaneer

Pep has, every season since the sextuple, been linked with MU, Inter and Arsenal. but MU rumor is not so strong as it once was, after Fergie said he doesn't plan to retire for a few more years and then Inter as well, after Pep implied he appreciates the Inter offer but doesn't foresee that, however with Wenger losing the CL spot and Arsenal suffering, the rumors about him getting sacked/leaving has gained some strength and (as it is about the renewal time for Pep and considering Gooners have always been on Pep's bandwagon) so have the rumors about Pep 's possible next club and Arsenal is naturally one of the important cases. but it is very unlikely imo. wonder if cescy would leave us to get back to Arsenal to be with his mentor again? ;)

Clockwise

Buccaneer
this is daily mail ffs !! ! ! ! ! !

:facepalm:

not hard to make a story - a british jourmalis sits on his desk to starts 'working' - he reads the sun and sees that arsene might leave arsenal this summer. then he reads goal.com and sees that pep struggles with barcelona this season and haven't still renewed his contract. then he reads barcaforum (HBA) and sees that everybody hates everybody in barca and it's all bad this season. he puts these 3 things together and get a wonerful story how pep will sign for arsenal after this season.

No ,mate he doesn't bother reading other shit, he only checks barca forum and he's done.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
He can sign for 1 year or 5 years at a stretch . But he will renew his contract . hilarious by daily mail and you guys are buying it..:lol:

A

ArsenalN5

Wouldn't want him at Arsenal, he's been a success with a World Class team, but I don't think he'd be a success at Arsenal.

Home of Barca Fans