Pep Guardiola

barcafc

David Beckham (LA Galaxy): "Heard about Pep Guardiola leaving Barcelona today, not only is he a great manager, he's a gentleman." "I'm a Real Madrid fan but I loved the way Pep's team played and he deserves all the success he has got. I wish him well..." "I will never forget Guardiola was one of the first people to call me after my achilles injury.''

Conte (coach Juventus): "Guardiola's Barça have been an example. If you want to play football, you only need to watch them."

Del Bosque (coach ESP): "Guardiola did what he thinks is best for him and for Barça. I understand it and wish him all the best."

Ruud Gullit (ex-Milan): "We have to thank #Guardiola for the great years off football he gave us with Barcelona. I will take my hat off"

Unai Emery (coach Valencia) "In 4 years, Guardiola has proven his skills by teaching us an almost new dimension of football."

Simeone: "The Barca of Pep is the best club in the history."

Steve Nash: "Futbol will miss him bigtime. Very impressive dude."

Lillo (ex-coach): "Guardiola's boldness to combine players others wouldn't put in the same team has also helped the Spanish national team."

Pau Gasol (LA Lakers): "All my respect and admiration for the best coach @FCBarcelona has ever had. His legacy is incredible! #ThanksPep"

DennyCrane

He did not leave only because of tiredness . There are other variables . Club will not reveal those variable simply because it wants to secure the image of the club. And so does Pep Guardiola. That is, he emphasized on 'tiredness' and we should take that as a prime factor. He will ultimately return to Barcelona as a first team coach, but it will depend on many things .So it will take time.

You see, that was why I believed he'd stay. Considering the offically known procedures around board, management etc. his departure would not make sense to me. I'm aware that tiredness is of course an important factor in this job, generally speaking. But I also remember what you told me the other day about the news leak. After reading into some stuff about the more recent changes and movements at/around the club, his departure makes sense to me, finally.

When is the next board election scheduled ?

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Is there any chance that Pep will just have a year off and simply take the reins again the following season ??
No he will join a new club but there is a possibility that he will come back and become part of the board of directors or president after a few years.

cule19

I'm still in shock. What a horrible week for football. Almost cried in disbelief when I read this in class.

King Leo

Banned
I'm counting the days to Rosell's departure. I have a feeling he will influence many awful changes ahead. I can never trust him.

I do understand that Pep learned from Cruyff that he regretted staying the final two seasons of his coaching career at Barca and wished that he had quit earlier on high note. Pep could have pulled it off if it wasn't' for the "Chelsea Bus". I am not very optimistic about the coming season. Maybe things will feel better after we win the Copa.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What Pep has brought to our beloved club is far beyond the reaches of sport.

Pep has been a catalyst for "style, grace, and elegance" when this footballing era has demanded "bigger, stronger, and faster". He has redefined what it means to be a Legendary Coach simply by showing more of himself to his players, his staff, and the media.

My heart is aching, not because the Pep-Era has ended, but because the most respectable sporting figure I've ever known will not be on my television screen week in and week out. He will not be in front of the cameras teaching me, teaching his team, the timeless philosophies of how to move forward, evolve, and fight with humility and spirit.

The Pep-Era was bigger than football for me, for during that time I was amidst personal trials. Often times, Barcelona games were one of the very few genuine joys I had going. That time was very special for me because we were underdogs at every turn, and we showed up inspired by Pep's words and showed the world our football.

I've evolved since that time, grown as a person. So to has the club evolved since that time, in fan popularity and in style. My only hope is that people would always remember the values that Pep brought forth as our manager, and let us continue to shine light, remain humble, so that way we can always hold our heads high and proud, in victory, and especially in defeat.

Gracias, Pep...

Similar for me really...Been putting out fires left & right on the homefront in what has seemed like months but has only been a week or two that I've been absent from the boards...Those losses, tough tough tough...But Pep, that's an entirely different sort of loss...Everything and I mean everything for decades to come will be measured against Pep...and that is not limited to this club but any club or team on the planet

Someone not so long ago made a great image superimposing the words 'Trust in Pep' over a photo of Pep...It became a cliche among culés to revert to that mantra to some but there was definitely confidence that as fans everything seemed possible by merely trusting in Pep...He had, after all, led the club/team to success over & over again....But most importantly, it was the WAY everything was achieved...The religion of Pepism was born and we came to worship every week...His mark on the club is an indelible one and the legacy will be exceptional...I always knew it was not going to last forever...Most of us knew Pep wasn't going to be SAF so it was always going to be too soon when he finally decided to walk away...I guess it was just the timing of it all, it merely added insult to injury after the big losses...Still, it's a great opportunity to sit back, reflect and enjoy what has been accomplished on this phenomenal ride over the last 4 seasons...The game will never be the same again

It wasn't so long ago that culés had to be concerned about alterior motives of the club or players and whether everyone was on the same page...It wasn't quite the circus of the capital club but it wasn't far off either...That changed under Pep and we can opine about the consequences of that change, the end of an era, the possibilities of Tito etc. but the reality is that the trust will have to be rebuilt over again

It is indeed a new era, even if a good majority of the staff and players will remain...Pep is no longer there to translate his amazing vision onto the pitch for the world to enjoy...I'm with Puyol in that Tito was the best response to pretty depressing news but things will surely never be the same

As a diehard culé, I hold nothing against the person for the decision...I don't have to agree with it but I certainly understand and respect the decision...I'm sure most of us who know the club would agree that few could offer what Pep has...He IS Barça...Pressure and stress come with that and life is short, if he decided it was time to step away then I respect it because, again, I trust Pep - he's earned that

Now to gain that trust with Tito, Rosell et al

Yugo Count Dante

The man earned himself a cult following, reading some of the comments on the Internet just confirms that not only Barcelona supporters are saddened by his announced departure. When some (who claim) supporters of your rivals say they shed a tear about this news then you certainly did something amazing. His departure is not just as a coach cause he was more than that, the reactions of the football admirers confirm this. Perhaps this is what makes it so emotionally sad, you can replace a coach but not the legend.

I hope Tito will receive the same appreciation when he comes to his departure.

Last edited:

Penaldo

When Chelsea won 1-0 in London, I remember thinking to myself that it was probably just part of Pep's plan. I could not imagine him losing a game that really mattered unless he had a reason for it. Such was/is my faith in him, almost like a deity.

Yugo Count Dante

Now that Petito will be no more, I would love to see Keitiola in the future

Pv2IE.png

F

Flavia

Pep's last game at the Camp Nou will be espanyol. I really hope the players trash the pericos for him.

Home of Barca Fans