Pep Guardiola

Chainsaw

Killahead
If he's gonna take a year off then him coaching the England NT is not going to happen as well. World Cup will be in 2 years and I doubt FA is gonna stay coach-less after the Euro waiting for Pep to comes back from the break to manage them a year before the World Cup. Doesn't make much sense.

Yugi

Imagen-de-Josep-Guardiola-foto_54286140250_54028874188_960_639.jpg

umad?

DennyCrane

Well, it is his decision really whether he will go for England NT or not. But one thing is certain , that he is off the market for one year .So even if, he accepts any offer for England NT, it will be next year . Plus , he will stick around with FCB this year . And this is not about English tabloids. Pep did not deny it at all.

Not very likely though. FA want to hire Roy Hodgson for English NT (only god knows why). It's been on Al Jazeera yesterday and is now all over the newspapers. David Bernstein stated that Hodgson is the only manager they'll be contacting. West Browmwich allowed Hodgson to negotiate with the FA. I can't imagine the FA to dismiss him after a year or so; they're still kind of traditionalistic in such matters.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/30/roy-hodgson-harry-redknapp-england

impeh

Hi, its me..
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich offers Pep Guardiola total control
Chelsea representatives are expected to meet Pep Guardiola in the next few days to discover whether he can finally be persuaded to join the club now that he has formally announced he is quitting Barcelona.

The telegraph usually arent that bad..

Yugo Count Dante

He said next year he won't work for sure...

For the sake of football I hope he joins City, NT would be so boring as they don't play regular football.

W

woobie

Can't see him wanting to coach City. Pep's got a little more class than that. Could see Mourinho doing it tho.

Yugi

I think NT experience would help him
I hope to see del Bosque gtfo after EUROs so Pep can have it...make it happen!

Yugo Count Dante

Can't see him wanting to coach City. Pep's got a little more class than that. Could see Mourinho doing it tho.
I love how you use the double standard.

People whining how City made football about money, ignoring that the 'Clubs FULL of History' have not been nuking and luring talents from the small clubs since the dawn of paid football. People need to get over with this money destroys football, it is true, but blaming it on City won't solve anything, labelling them classes won't solve anything either. If you want to tackle those problems, then you should seek other clubs who have been doing it for years.

You are probably right about the part that he probably would not want to do that job, but why would he want to do Chelsea? do I sense a Russian is better than the Arab kind of thing? and you mention Mourinho being 'classes' and take the job of City, but wasn't he who guided Chelsea? what would that make Pep if he joined Chelsea?

For the sake of football I'd love see him at City and have the full freedom and financial means to form a squad he has in mind.

W

woobie

Don't think he necessarily does want the Chelsea job (and for the record I don't like them either, for the same reason I don't like City), but I am perhaps a minority in doubting much (most?) of what's said in the English and large parts of the Spanish media especially regarding transfers.

The football being about money discussion is one for a different time and place and yes, I suspect we'd disagree on things there.

Home of Barca Fans