Pep Guardiola

Yugo Count Dante

I mentioned that I would love to see him to manage Bayern, I didn't add how likely it is or if both would suit eachother. I know it's hard due to things you mentioned. I knew most of things you mentioned as my brother is a admirer of Bayern.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
tumblr_lc5r89hTlw1qevf49o1_1280.jpg

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Sacchi: "Pep, the idealist, the innovator, stops. Many won't understand in a world where all is valued based upon money and success." [gazz]
Arrigo Sacchi (ex-coach AC Milan): "Guardiola is the true football genius. If you innovate, you run out of energy faster." [gazz via ep]

Yugo Count Dante

Humans nor their ideas or institutions or politics are perfect.

Perfection is a quality of God alone.

God is something Mr Guardiola does not believe in, perhaps that is the reason he limits himself by calling himself a pessimist. It's good to see people like Pep actually care about the state of the world it is in, as it creates food for thought that could reach a decent amount of people.

Last edited:
P

PhilS

Good points about Bayern, Denny. About the German, Pep is good at languages, so he could probably learn. But I doubt he would go to any team where the manager is not in charge. Or to a club that sacks managers all the time, before they have the chance to mold the team, like at City or almost any Serie A club. He'll want a club that brings up at least some players from the youth ranks, that has a decent amount of money, that thinks long-term, that is CL level. Neither Wenger nor Sir Alex can coach forever.

Reasonus

God is something Mr Guardiola does not believe in, perhaps that is the reason he limits himself by calling himself a pessimist. It's good to see people like Pep actually care about the state of the world it is in, as it creates food for thought that could reach a decent amount of people.

So Guardiola isn't a theist? I thought he was disciplined by some tough-ass nuns?

Good points about Bayern, Denny. About the German, Pep is good at languages, so he could probably learn. But I doubt he would go to any team where the manager is not in charge. Or to a club that sacks managers all the time, before they have the chance to mold the team, like at City or almost any Serie A club. He'll want a club that brings up at least some players from the youth ranks, that has a decent amount of money, that thinks long-term, that is CL level. Neither Wenger nor Sir Alex can coach forever.

German is a difficult language. The best fit, technically, is City. After watching tonight's Manchester derby, I'm more convinced than ever that Pep can do great things over there. They are on their way to win the PL unless they screw up. If Mancini was a bit smarter, they can go far in the CL next season too.

There are reasons to believe that City will not be like Chelsea. The owner's plans are more long-term than Chelsea's and he seems to have better advisers, or at least he's less of a dick, than Roman. Unless FFP gets in their way, which is unlikely mainly due to loopholes, they can eventually become the dominant club in England for the foreseeable future.

Yugo Count Dante

So Guardiola isn't a theist? I thought he was disciplined by some tough-ass nuns?

German is a difficult language. The best fit, technically, is City. After watching tonight's Manchester derby, I'm more convinced than ever that Pep can do great things over there. They are on their way to win the PL unless they screw up. If Mancini was a bit smarter, they can go far in the CL next season too.

There are reasons to believe that City will not be like Chelsea. The owner's plans are more long-term than Chelsea's and he seems to have better advisers, or at least he's less of a dick, than Roman. Unless FFP gets in their way, which is unlikely mainly due to loopholes, they can eventually become the dominant club in England for the foreseeable future.
Well, he said in this interview he gave where he said 'no existe' when asked about God, I do not know if this was some kind of joke or something but I highly doubt it. I actually posted the video and asked the question if somebody on here could shed any clarity on his religious/way-of-life views.

W

woobie

I wouldn't be so quick to praise City's management. Two words for you about that: Carlos Tevez.

Still don't recall having seen any direct quotes from Guardiola that he has interest in coaching in England.

Ender

I wouldn't be so quick to praise City's management. Two words for you about that: Carlos Tevez.

Still don't recall having seen any direct quotes from Guardiola that he has interest in coaching in England.
"Guardiola said that coaching in England is something of interest "maybe in the future but now I'm going to rest, I'm not going to coach next season … I don't know if some of the England teams want me but maybe in the future."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/30/barcelona-rayo-real-madrid

W

woobie

so a vague 'maybe sometime in the future'. I missed that. Thanks for posting it!

Yugo Count Dante

"Guardiola said that coaching in England is something of interest "maybe in the future but now I'm going to rest, I'm not going to coach next season … I don't know if some of the England teams want me but maybe in the future."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/30/barcelona-rayo-real-madrid
If this is true, and he has the desire to manage an English team City would be perfect. He mentioned no work next season, Mancini gets chance to prove him again, that is if Mourinho doesn't come ruin everything.

Do the announced 'financial fair play' rules also include coach wages?

Chainsaw

Killahead

Where did you get in that picture that Pep doesn't believe in God??!

Yugo Count Dante

Where did you get in that picture that Pep doesn't believe in God??!
I was surprised too to hear that out of his mouth. But I posted the interview when I joined the forum and asked if someone could give me clarity about it, as I thought people around here would know, but none reacted to it. Perhaps it was new to them too.

Home of Barca Fans