Pep Guardiola

Chainsaw

Killahead
I was surprised too to hear that out of his mouth. But I posted the interview when I joined the forum and asked if someone could give me clarity about it, as I thought people around here would know, but none reacted to it. Perhaps it was new to them too.

You were surprised to hear what exactly?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I was surprised too to hear that out of his mouth. But I posted the interview when I joined the forum and asked if someone could give me clarity about it, as I thought people around here would know, but none reacted to it. Perhaps it was new to them too.
Why would anyone react to it, so he doesn't believe in god, what difference does that make?

F

Flavia

Pep has declared he doesnt believe in god once, but I dont get why is that relevant.

Yugo Count Dante

First of all every human should be free to choose ones way of life, it is something personal. I didn't said there was necessary difference if he did or did not believe, as it is none of my business.

@Razor: I was surprised in the sense that he works with some outspoken theists who thank the deity they believe in after they score a goal publicly in front of million people. Another thing was that I thought he would be theist considering he probably comes from a religious background, I never actually knew anything about his religious views nor did I care or was I searching to find out about his views, it just happened someone shared the interview.

Chainsaw

Killahead
First of all every human should be free to choose ones way of life, it is something personal. I didn't said there was necessary difference if he did or did not believe, as it is none of my business.

@Razor: I was surprised in the sense that he works with some outspoken theists who thank the deity they believe in after they score a goal publicly in front of million people. Another thing was that I thought he would be theist considering he probably comes from a religious background, I never actually knew anything about his religious views nor did I care or was I searching to find out about his views, it just happened someone shared the interview.

Gotcha

Yugo Count Dante

@Flavia: For me it was of relevance in the sense that I tend to agree with what was said in the quote, as I don't vote nor do I believe in politics at all. I found (from my point of view) appropriate to mention that him calling himself pessimistic might be linked to the fact he does not believe in God , as he seems to struggle to accept the imperfection of human beings, and since God is generally regarded as perfect, he might have found it easier to accept the imperfection of humans.

I also noticed that some of you seem offended that fact that I mentioned this, if someone felt offended, I apologize. But if Pep, lets say was a theist, I don't think somebody would catch feelings, but it's like whatever. It's not like I said anything bad about his views (nor did I glorify it for that matter), but somehow I do get the impression that you think I did.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I know pessimists that are catholic. I just asked because I really didnt understand why that mattered.

Yugo Count Dante

I know pessimists that are catholic. I just asked because I really didnt understand why that mattered.
The quote begins with 'I am a pessimist' he then goes on to explain why, where he explicitly mentions his concern about the imperfection of humans beings (and the impact of them). He seems to struggle with his observation (or should I say perception) that some human beings to be imperfect. I already explained myself why I mentioned it.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
tumblr_lc5r89hTlw1qevf49o1_1280.jpg

A man after my own heart. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I hearby proclaim Pep the president for life of the Negative Thinking Cules!

Yugo Count Dante

lol, out of context as in he wasn't speaking about football in his explanation.

'I hearby proclaim Pep the president for life of the Negative Thinking Cules! ' :pep:

Home of Barca Fans