Pep Guardiola

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
El Capità

e3bfeb32c05dd0654053a19563f1d940-getty-fbl-esp-copa-almeria-barcelona.jpg

#BOSS

V

Valon

Not annoying at all, he's being careful because in football anything can happen.

Koma

I understand that, but he can sign 5 years deal and if something bad happens, he can leave whenever he wants, without damaging the club and himself. It's not that complicated.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I understand that, but he can sign 5 years deal and if something bad happens, he can leave whenever he wants, without damaging the club and himself. It's not that complicated.

:lol: And people talk about why players have no loyalty these days...he wants to respect his contract. If he's just gonna walk out any minute, what's the point of even having a contract.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Well said. It's about showing long term commitment and ending this never-ending uncertainty and rumours. Also, if he decided to leave and had a long term contract Barca wouldn't make problems for Pep (just as Pep wouldn't make problems for Barca) and could make a lot of money from whoever decided to buy out his contract.
Last year Pep used an excuse of having a new board for not signing for longer and now we see it had nothing to do with that. He obviously has some reasons for not committing. Maybe they are personal, career oriented, whatever.. But they aren't exactly those he named previously, that's for sure.
Still, as I wrote previously, Pep is very unlikely to leave. He's too attached to FCB and won't leave the club anytime soon.

Koma

There is not formula, he won't do worse or better if he signes 10 years deal or 1 year deal, like Bojan said, it's about commitment and dedication. And those that are saying ''this is good that way everyone can work harder bla bla herp derp'', so you are telling me that everyo other manager in the world is wrong by signing a long-term deal?
If he signed 5 years deal he can show his dedication and love for the club, this way everyone is guessing why did he do that? Maybe he wants to leave somewhere else maybe this maybe that..

In my fair opinion, if he signed longer deal, he could build on it and make something even bigger, he could work more and I am certain that the board would give him more resources and they would have more trust in him. Also, the fans and players could be allot calmer and certain about their future and I think that would give them more reasons to play better then ever before.

But, as someone said, maybe this is some part of his strategy, maybe he wants to see if he can be the man that can stay in one club for his whole career as a manager. Maybe he does not want to make same mistake he made when he was a player for Barca? Either way, I sincerely hope he would do what's best for him and for Barcelona, because we all know what Barca means to Pep and what Pep means to Barca.

Eetu

Adormit
Signing a five year contract just wouldn't go well with the discourse of leaving once the team starts lacking in hunger. Most difficult part of his job is to keep everyone on their toes. The current arrangement works both for it and also as a painless way out once he can't do it anymore. Downside with all this is that it might end up burning out the team or Pep.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
There is not formula, he won't do worse or better if he signes 10 years deal or 1 year deal, like Bojan said, it's about commitment and dedication. And those that are saying ''this is good that way everyone can work harder bla bla herp derp'', so you are telling me that everyo other manager in the world is wrong by signing a long-term deal?
If he signed 5 years deal he can show his dedication and love for the club, this way everyone is guessing why did he do that? Maybe he wants to leave somewhere else maybe this maybe that..

In my fair opinion, if he signed longer deal, he could build on it and make something even bigger, he could work more and I am certain that the board would give him more resources and they would have more trust in him. Also, the fans and players could be allot calmer and certain about their future and I think that would give them more reasons to play better then ever before.

But, as someone said, maybe this is some part of his strategy, maybe he wants to see if he can be the man that can stay in one club for his whole career as a manager. Maybe he does not want to make same mistake he made when he was a player for Barca? Either way, I sincerely hope he would do what's best for him and for Barcelona, because we all know what Barca means to Pep and what Pep means to Barca.
Lol he has already given the reason many times. He only thinks that a coach can stay at a team for a period of time before their results go down and therefore, heo nly signs 1 year contracts so the club don't have to pay 4 years ransom for him if he is fired.

Koma

Signing a five year contract just wouldn't go well with the discourse of leaving once the team starts lacking in hunger. Most difficult part of his job is to keep everyone on their toes. The current arrangement works both for it and also as a painless way out once he can't do it anymore. Downside with all this is that it might end up burning out the team or Pep.
So you are telling me that every other manager with 5 years deal is wrong? lol

@barcetia
As I said, if he fears that club would need to pay huge ransom, then he should make some clause in contract about that, it's easy to fix so I don't think that's the problem.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt

@barcetia
As I said, if he fears that club would need to pay huge ransom, then he should make some clause in contract about that, it's easy to fix so I don't think that's the problem.
Doesn't make any sense at all.

If Messi loves playing football without pay, why won't he make a clause for it? :lol: imaginary world..

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I've always thought that Pep goes w/ the 1yr extension for:

1. to keep him/and the players motivated
2. to be able to allow the club to make a coaching change when it's obvious that Pep is no longer having a positive effect

Personally, I think that if Pep uses his short contracts as motivation and to keep the players motivated, then so be it. we know, or at least can conclude, that Pep is committed to the club for the forseeable future irrespective of contract status. therefore, his desire to renew contracts on a yearly basis is irrelevant.

ricknattery

It's not wrong, but the relationship between Barca and Pep is unique, there is no other coach related to a club the way he is with Barca. The players talk wonders about him, they crave for him to stay, Pep knows that, so he can renew that craving every year. They work harder cos' they know if something goes wrong or they start feeling complacent Pep might change his idea. This might not work in other clubs cos' players might feel their coach is putting pressure on them and will be with them just if they succeed, but in Barca is different we know Pep wants the best for him, for the players and for his beloved club in the same way. Pep once said fear is important, if players lose fear they get complacent and won't be with the proper tension to face challenges. This way also he avoids routine, every year there is expectation even worriness about the situation and after consumated, there is relief, there is motivation. Worst thing that could happen to a winning side is to fall into routine and complacency

Home of Barca Fans