Pep Guardiola

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
what a wrong sub..
Maybe he would want to back to Barcelona with drawn (1-1) than in Camp Nou stadium to be full..like against Inter:S

B

beautifulgame

What the fuck? Why Kieta??? 1-0 at an away ground and you opt for Kieta when you have Masch on the bench... Come on Pep!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
What the fuck? Why Kieta??? 1-0 at an away ground and you opt for Kieta when you have Masch on the bench... Come on Pep!

The rationality was that Keita wouldn't hurt the attack as much if they tied it up. I don't think bringing in Keita was the right choice but I can see the logic behind it, what I can't understand is taking off Villa for him, when Villa was our best finisher that day and overall doing everything right. It should have been Iniesta or (god forbid) Messi taken off.

B

beautifulgame

Kieta most certainly hurt the attack. I don't see the reason for taking Villa off either when Arsenal obviously where starting to get caught forward. However, if you want to kill the game it would have been easy to slot Masch in behind Sergi and in front of the defense to cut off those quick outlet passes (which is/was Arsenal's only hope) and let Sergi get involved with a ball a little more to provide for better possession.

Furthermore, I don't know why Barca became so damn narrow in the second half and the reason is this.. Arsenal were getting ripped by one simple final pass between or right around their CB's for the whole of the first half; ALL of Barca's chances in the first were created from that simple pass. Wenger did well to adapt and he bunched the middle of the field up so as to cover that space but in doing so he let his CM's sit very narrow and let his fullbacks pinch in leaving acres of space behind and to the sideline of each fullback.

However, Barca continued to try to force passes through the middle and lost a lot more balls than usual during the second half. A wide-run from Maxwell rewarded by a diagonal ball would have easily given Barca a chance on goal, or if not anything else, then a couple of these passes would have forced Arsenal to open the center of their last two lines up a little.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

But to be fair to Pep that same move has worked before. Normally Messi and Pedro are just as good as Villa when running deep at the defense. Messi was excluded and Pedro was more involved in the game (more passes) and ran a lot more, which meant he was more useful in the defensive aspect.

The problem was that Mascherano should have started the game instead of Maxwell (and then Busquets should have partnered Pique). Then the substitution would have been even more rational (A Keita, Mascherano, Xavi would have handled Arsenals comeback way better)

B

beautifulgame

However, if nothing else this game proved that Arsenal is tactically still very beatable. Now it's time for Pep to go do his homework.

Povikas

Brandon
Pep Guardiola has signed a new deal today to keep him at the club until 2012.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Sub Messi if he is not running out there man! Wouldn't you have done that if it were Eto'o or Zlatan!?

I think he once said he keeps him on because Messi insisted he wanted to play full 90 minutes but it could also be for the psychological effect he has on both barca players (more confidence) and on the opponents and that he could make a difference even when not up to his full potential.

Koma

As a result of this agreement, Guardiola will extend his commitment to four seasons on the first team bench, which will make him the fourth ranked manager with most consecutive seasons with the first team, after Cruyff, Greenwell and Rijkaard.
:scarf:

Home of Barca Fans