Pep Guardiola

Unbiased United

Both Laporta and Rosell have tried to tie him down with many longer contract offers. He's rejected them all simply because he likes to work on a year-by-year basis.

I'd posit that it's because of the era he grew up in as a Barcelona fan/player. Once a coach of Madrid or Barcelona gets to three or four seasons, their time is usually up. He wants to be able to walk away when he feels the players no longer respond to him in the ways he wants.

Plus the stress of the job is clearly having ill effects on his health. He'll stay until 2012, maybe 2013. That's it.

Oh ok, thanks for this....Do you think he will still manage though?...I mean any big job is going to carry stress levels that have potential to have ill effects on a managers health. (saying that I'd rather have the 'stress' of earning vasts amounts of money has Barca manager, than work hard outside in the rain for a tiny fraction of what he gets....but maybe thats just me! ;) ).

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Oh ok, thanks for this....Do you think he will still manage though?...I mean any big job is going to carry stress levels that have potential to have ill effects on a managers health. (saying that I'd rather have the 'stress' of earning vasts amounts of money has Barca manager, than work hard outside in the rain for a tiny fraction of what he gets....but maybe thats just me! ;) ).

Hard to say. Once his time at Barcelona is done I think he'll take a long rest before choosing his next move.

I could see him at Athletic Bilbao or Arsenal or maybe even the Spanish NT. Compared to Barcelona, especially as a fan of the club, the stress will be significantly less.

Or he'll just become a director or something at Barça.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pep will never be a SAF...He's not in it for the longhaul as a manager, I think it's quite obvious he's looking to ascend into the Presidency

Koma

Hard to say. Once his time at Barcelona is done I think he'll take a long rest before choosing his next move.

I could see him at Athletic Bilbao or Arsenal or maybe even the Spanish NT. Compared to Barcelona, especially as a fan of the club, the stress will be significantly less.

Or he'll just become a director or something at Barça.
Why would he go from Barca to Athletic Bilbao?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I doubt he'd go from Barca to Bilbao though. Probably something he'd like to do after experiencing a few teams in Italy, England and wherever else tickles his fancy.

Home of Barca Fans