Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Second and only two points from top with 11 games played, I'd have have taken that at the start of the season :D Well not just taken it more like grab it with both my hands!

Plus the thing is. The thing fucking is, is that in the respect of trying to get a CL place as long as AVB is managing Spurs and Pellegrini managing Man C and Moyes managing Man U and Wenger managing Arsenal and Mourinho being Mourinho I think a place in that top 4 is there for the taking this year I really do.

Last edited:

Martindn

RVP celebrates erraticly scoring against his former club. A true sportsman :rolleyes:

BYuqZ9KIQAEVAaz.jpg:large

Its the second season, former club status doesnt last long, Rooney celebrates and kisses the badge vs everton for example.

pEllee

Every club team use a Rooney. My god, what an inspiring player when he's on form. Rooney worked hard for 93 minutes and Giroud was sulking for 93 minutes.

Ketoth

Every club team use a Rooney. My god, what an inspiring player when he's on form. Rooney worked hard for 93 minutes and Giroud was sulking for 93 minutes.

Giroud always does that, he has that look on his face even after scoring. Part of his character.

Rooney always ups his game against us. "working hard" alone won't win him a place in this arsenal team.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Lol at Wenger saying RVP is still an Arsenal man before the match. I was more irritated by their hug than by his celebrating though.

We did start playing a lot better toward the end, but our real chances still came from Sagna's crosses and not from any brilliance from those three. I can't wait until Walcott comes back, he'll be so helpful, both for resting Giroud and Ozil and providing width.
True. I wouldn't read too much into it though, Giroud/Rambo/Özil all were bound to be knackered after playing Liverpool and Dortmund. Wenger should have brought Wilshere/Gnabry earlier into the game, especially Gnabry. Now to rest and hopefully return with Walcott, and soon Podolski.

Last edited:

Unbiased United

Not sure why some people think a draw would have been a fair result. United scored, had a good argument for a penalty turned down and Rooney had a good chance to score. Arsenal had a decent spell of possession in the second half but created nothing of note.

A decent game without that many chances and United comfortable for practically the full game. Arsenal are a good team though and were unlucky to have to make changes because of illness, that could have made the difference.

pEllee

Giroud always does that, he has that look on his face even after scoring. Part of his character.

Rooney always ups his game against us. "working hard" alone won't win him a place in this arsenal team.

No, but being a better player will. Which he is. He was great today, the fact that he worked so hard was just a bonus.

But anyway, nothing against Giroud of course but I do feel that he's limited in the way that he can't perform when Arsenal as a team aren't performing.

EDIT: Time for Walcott to return now. Even Gnabry made the difference by offering some width and pace. Imagine if Wenger could sub on Walcott instead...

It's easy to forget, but he was the top scorer last season.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Man Utd very comfortable winners, goal + penalty turned down + Rooney chance which was the best chance of the game; Arsenal had nothing to show for their good second half

Also, you can tell that Ramsey is not really as good as his form suggests. He's just on really high confidence, soon the tricks and flicks will stop working and he'll be back to the average player he was.

pEllee

Man Utd very comfortable winners, goal + penalty turned down + Rooney chance which was the best chance of the game; Arsenal had nothing to show for their good second half

Also, you can tell that Ramsey is not really as good as his form suggests. He's just on really high confidence, soon the tricks and flicks will stop working and he'll be back to the average player he was.

Laughable comment.

So, he's just been lucky for what, 6 months now? He performed really well by the end of last season as well. Some seem to forget that. Just like some seem to forget that he always had world class ability before he broke his leg.

As soon as he's not completely dominating I always read comments such as yours.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Leagues aren't won in September/October, but they are lost, statistically. In 10 years, the average number of losses per season for the league champions - 4. United have 3 already. They won't win the league.

True the likes of man city have 3, arsenal and ourselves have two. You can win the league with 6 losses it is possible. That only happened once in 10 years, and I think that was also a similarly tight season?

But even if that comes true, I don't see United losing less than 6 games this season. Not playing like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans