Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
But the tackler's strength equally affects perception, if a strong player commits to a tackle it could be completely clean and someone would still be sent flying, it's not a PK but it looks like it just like you pointed out with the Neymar vs. Rooney example. Something similar to the incident just happened, Sagna and Rooney were both racing for the ball and both tried to shove each other out of the way, Sagna stumbled and conceded a throw-in but it wasn't a foul, Rooney was just stronger.

Sprinting in and colliding with Rooney isn't the same as two players grappling and shoving each other out of the way. What Giroud did cannot be deemed as a clean challenge.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Rooney knew he was coming, look at the GIF.

He's not moving toward the goal, he tries to shove Giroud away, but Giroud already had his foot in front of him so that was ineffective and he fell over. It was the exact same situation as Sagna vs. Rooney, except Giroud managed to get his foot in front of Rooney before the contact came in, and he's the stronger of the two.

Rooney trying to shield it in anticipation of Giroud doesn't change the fact that Giroud charged in on him and made a wrong challenge that never hit the ball until after he knocked Rooney over. Even if he was 'intending' to shield and then clear to make up for his mistake, it came out completely wrong and it merited a penalty. Giroud was the one running into it, Rooney countering is just his self defense and not something to look into.

Jenks

Rooney knew he was coming, look at the GIF.

He's not moving toward the goal, he tries to shove Giroud away, but Giroud already had his foot in front of him so that was ineffective and he fell over. It was the exact same situation as Sagna vs. Rooney, except Giroud managed to get his foot in front of Rooney before the contact came in, and he's the stronger of the two.

I've never witnessed such insane bias in my life. Rooney is in possession. Giroud takes him out without getting near the ball. You do realise that getting your foot in front of someone and knocking them over is against the rules, right? It doesn't matter who was stronger.

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I've never witnessed such insane bias in my life. Rooney is in possession. Giroud takes him out without getting near the ball. You do realise that getting your foot in front of someone and knocking them over is against the rules, right?

He didn't knock Rooney over, Rooney knocked himself over when he tried to shove back into Giroud and bounced off. Had Rooney not tried that and just kept going toward goal, it would have probably been a penalty, but since he did they both collided and Rooney ended up being the loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans