Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I really expected Arsenal to win this, I wake up to a nice surprise, even if it is only the Capital One Cup, a win is a win. Nothing to be overly proud of but still nice!

ManusXavi

I really expected Arsenal to win this, I wake up to a nice surprise, even if it is only the Capital One Cup, a win is a win. Nothing to be overly proud of but still nice!

:spank: Bad Mourinho. Stop Winning.
Unfortunitly they did deserve their victory

Last edited:

fcbdna

Banned
Chelsea's saving grace on the night happened to be that Mikel was playing ( covered the defense perfectly), and that Bendtner was playing ( That guy is an embarrassment to attackers worldwide).

K

kingleo

not so long ago i was being told on here that Arsenal have a much better Midfield then Chelsea :lol: Last night Chelsea's B team Midfield were comfortable against 3 first choice Arsenal midfielders! I was also told Ramsey is supposed to be the best player in the league! what did he do against quality opposition (Chelsea, Dortmund) Nothing!!!

Maybe people will start to realise now that Arsenal are clearly not good enough to win the PL!

S7_MUFC

not so long ago i was being told on here that Arsenal have a much better Midfield then Chelsea :lol: Last night Chelsea's B team Midfield were comfortable against 3 first choice Arsenal midfielders! I was also told Ramsey is supposed to be the best player in the league! what did he do against quality opposition (Chelsea, Dortmund) Nothing!!!

Maybe people will start to realise now that Arsenal are clearly not good enough to win the PL!

I'd wait until these teams meet in the league to pass my judgment, League cup is notoriously bad indicator of a teams potential....but to call last night's chelsea team Chelsea B would be an insult to the likes of Mata,Willian etc. Arsenal made changes in positions that were decisive and chelsea's reserve players are of similar quality to their first team.....................................

pEllee

There's no way in hell you're older than 14.

Anyway, what did he do? He did a lot of things.

He did some nice defensive work, 4 tackles, 2 interceptions, 3 clearences. He did play in a more defensive role last night but still did okay when he decided to attack.

And please, don't ever call that a "B" team. And that wasn't even Arsenal's real midfield setup.

Grimwig

On subject of Arsenal and goalkeepers, what do you guys think of Szczesny? For some reason I can't fathom, everyone considers him mediocre, and I don't understand why; he doesn't make nearly as many careless errors as other highly rated GKs, he normally has a good save every game, and hr's fairly consistent. He's not at the level of De Gea or Cech or Llloris, but he's still a quality GK and I don't know what I'm seeing that other people don't.

he's got superb reflexes, and very good 1-1 prescence... but his shotstopping skill is a bit disappointing, his form and diving abilities are quite subpar, shots to the corners, he struggles a lot to get to. most of his best saves have been bullets that are just 3/4 to the corners instead of actually being into the corners. he has pretty average parrying, and kind of poor catching ability, added to the fact that he had a pretty poor 12/13 season. I rate him, but not above lloris, even hart, de gea, or cech. not mediocre, not excellent. just good talent. in my opinion, goalkeepers with superb reflexes, are not rare, and so szcesny needs to improve his shotstopping ability for me to rate him as anymore then just good.

Ketoth

All i know is, it wont be long till the penny drops and you realise Arsenal wont be challenging for the title after Christmas and it will be yet another Trophy-less season for them! :lol:

Why do you hate Arsenal so much?

Did a gooner run over your cat or something?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Fair enough grimwig, I definitely think he's in the top ten GKs in PL, but he's not nearly to where most Arsenal fans would be really happy to see him.

Jenks

Arsenal have had a very easy run, and got more point from the same fixtures last season than they have done so far. I think they'll do better than fourth, but I don't expect them to realistically be still in the title race come the last few games of the season.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Arsenal have had a very easy run, and got more point from the same fixtures last season than they have done so far. I think they'll do better than fourth, but I don't expect them to realistically be still in the title race come the last few games of the season.

Agree with this. I think Arsenal will finish 3rd, maybe challenge for 2nd.

K

kingleo

Chelsea and City will challenge for the title, Arsenal and Man United will challenge for 3rd/4th and Spurs and Liverpool will challenge for 5th/6th, with Everton and Southampton fighting for 7th.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It'll be a very interesting game in the league. As good as Cazorla is I'm pretty sure we shut him down every time we played against Arsenal despite him toying with most teams. Mourinho will have a plan for Ozil but stopping both as well as some of Arsenal's other good attackers will be a tough one. Ramires will have to be on his game, and tbh he's one of our best big game players, he's so underrated it's ridiculous. Of course I'm being bias but to me he's arguably the best box to box midfielder in the world.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Doesn't mean he's been effective overall though. :p

Oh yeah, something interesting to note about Arsenal, I read the article the other day, but all the teams they had played I think up until and including their 8th match this season, in the corresponding matches in 12/13 they actually had gotten 24 points off them and conceded less goals and scored more, even if only slightly. I mean this is a new season and it doesn't meant a LOT, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans