Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
No it wasn't, Giroud got in front of Rooney and got the ball, there was contact but there was contact in the Ramires incident, and that shouldn't have been a PK either.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
This is gold. So we barely manage a draw, and yeah we got overtaken by Pool and Southampton but LOL @ both City and Tottenham losing as well, the latter at home too. Now with Arsenal losing, man this is rather amusing! What an entertaining weekend, really.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The only noticeable thing about this Arsenal team so far is the amount of time Giroud have sulked.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
His foot just goes in front of Rooney with intent to shield the ball and clear it, Rooney fell because he pushed into Giroud and got knocked off the ball since the Frenchman is so strong, if that was someone like Cazorla making the challenge the Spaniard would have been knocked back and Rooney would have stayed up. Giroud's strength makes it look like a PK, but I don't think it is.

Martindn

His foot just goes in front of Rooney with intent to shield the ball and clear it, Rooney fell because he pushed into Giroud and got knocked off the ball since the Frenchman is so strong, if that was someone like Cazorla making the challenge the Spaniard would have been knocked back and Rooney would have stayed up. Giroud's strength makes it look like a PK, but I don't think it is.

I wonder what you would say if it was the other way around.

Jenks

You cannot be serious. He runs in and takes Rooney out with a tangle of legs before he gets near the ball. It's as clear a penalty as you'll ever see.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Tackler's strength is very relevant in the process of making a decision, it was a rough tackle that targets Rooney before even going for the ball, he even gets his arm and foot in front of him to take him out. Any type of attempt to sprint at a player and make a collision in the box like that is reckless and definitely warrants a penalty. The thing is that Rooney is so strong and difficult to knock off that it doesn't seem as hard of a tackle, if that was someone like Neymar receiving the tackle he would've flown a meter out and we'd all unanimously be calling for a penalty.

Banana-Rama

united by far the better team, much more dangerous in attack then arsenal who have not threatened de gea's goal once all game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans