Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

serghei

That would be Varane and Casimero who Real were willing to let go.

But yes both would get into Barcas line up.

Pedri is not 'too young to rely on' and nor are others in the squad.

Yes, for 90m in case of Casemiro, and Varane wanted a change and asked for a transfer. After they have won like 4 CLs. Bad argument.

serghei

Casemiro and Varane are class because they are delvering in part because of coach. If they hadn’t you’d call them dumb purchases and Madrid hand me downs. Passed their prime and not what man u should have been looking for etc.

They have delivered constantly for nearly a decade at the elite level. Barca have only Lewa at that level, and he is a lot older and more past it.

JamDav1982

While I don't agree with Serghei's overall message, I agree with him that having Casemiro and Varane is a huge advantage.

Those two have won countless big games, and we have nothing to counter them with in midfield and defense.

Basically, all key players from RM's 5 CL win squad are cheat codes/huge advantages in big games.

As said.. Real let both of Varane and Casimero go rather than renew.

They are good but not immune from coaching impacting their performance. Look at Varane last season.

Horatio

You're welcome
They have delivered constantly for nearly a decade.

Hahaha Varane didnt deliver constantly for a decade. Prolly reason real let him go.

Casemiro yes, but if he would have 2 bad performances he would be labeled past his prime blabla. Players still need to be utilized properly.

JamDav1982

Yes, for 90m in case of Casemiro, and Varane wanted a change and asked for a transfer. After they have won like 4 CLs. Bad argument.

Real would not have sold either at their peak.

They decided to sell both.

Varane was poor last season and Real won league and CL without him.

He looks better this season under ETH.

serghei

Hahaha Varane didnt deliver constantly for a decade. Prolly reason real let him go.

Casemiro yes, but if he would have 2 bad performances he would be labeled past his prime blabla. Players still need to be utilized properly.

real don't keep players that don't want to play for them anymore.

serghei

Real would not have sold either at their peak.

They decided to sell both.

Varane was poor last season and Real won league and CL without him.

He looks better this season under ETH.

They are slightly past their prime, but still elite. Nobody at Barca comes close.

Horatio

You're welcome
real don't keep players that don't want to play for them anymore.

Varane was gettint criticized ever since he made occasional mistake including by me. Many thought transfer to Man U made sense as team was shite and it was a proper stepdown for him. Correct me if I am wrong.

JamDav1982

They are slightly past their peaks, but still elite.

Dont think they are as 'elite' as you make out and Varane certainly wasnt last season and neither amezing during WC etc.

But they improved United and would in a hypothetical line up get in Barcas team.

Thought Casimero wasnt great today.. but Man U fans love him.

Birdy

Is Seghei actually still arguing (3 hours later) that AWB > Kounde to save his ass from his dreadful take on ETH/Xavi and double down on his shite?

serghei

In 2-3 years we will revisit this comparison. Hopefully we will find ways to compete financially with these EPL clubs for top players. Like last summer.

JamDav1982

In 2-3 years we will revisit this comparison. Hopefully we will find ways to compete financially with these EPL clubs for top players.

How does this comparison get decided in 2-3 years?

On current squads quality then?

Coaches play a part in improving players and putting them in system to thrive. How do you factor that in?

serghei

Varane was gettint criticized ever since he made occasional mistake including by me. Many thought transfer to Man U made sense as team was shite and it was a proper stepdown for him. Correct me if I am wrong.

So, you're saying Varane is not elite? :lol:

Elite players have dips in form too. They are not superhuman.

Home of Barca Fans