Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

BBZ8800

Let's face it, they are #1 league now because the money. They know it. They can throw so ridiculous amounts of money, that they can sign almost any player from any league. Other than few top teams.

I think they want to keep it that way. Their league gets all the star players.

As Birdy said, imo, it is not that simple.
EPL wants money, but not as full retard as Uefa or Fifa who are willing to go to extremes in terms of payment and looking ridiculous.

England wants money, but they want to get rid of extreme cheating cases and oil money.
As Total Football said, it is slighlty hypocrite though.

Anyway, I am not following EPL that much, but whenever I watched it, I had a feeling that their FA, fans and refs hate City and want to help to "more normal/fair/historical" clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal.

City is always accused for everything, they are bad guys, refs are the most often against them.

There is a lot of shady money in EPL but they want to punish this extreme example of oil money.
A part of it is surely connected to politics, West vs East, eastern money and influences conquering the world and football in a somewhat shady way (Qatar as the latest example).
So EPL is setting the ground for different type of investors. And oil investors will have to play according to EPL rules.

I am sure that similar shaddy deals would have been found at Psg, but France has way bigger political, cultural and religious connections with oil countries so that type of money and influence is not as big deal as it is in Uk or as it would have been in let's say Usa.

So, imo, this is a mix of politics, current wars in the world, EPL's wish to move back towards their traditional clubs etc.

I never liked City due to Pep and unlimited amounts of money.

But this punishment (or refereeing in your favor), as always in high end sport as football, will be 80% sport and 20% interests, politics, propaganda, longterm financial-political goals etc.

EPL wants to stay rich and on top and they are willing to lose 10-20% of their income, if needed, to return a step back towards more traditional times and to get rid of newly emerged political and financial influences whom they dislike.

Big decisions and longterm directions of football/business are not made on the field but in the offices.

Last edited:

Yannik

would be a treat if that bunch gets forcibly relegated. I'm not believing it yet, but a man can dreem.

gulaman

They won those titles unfairly, seems fair to me to strip them and award the titles to the teams that came 2nd. Anything less than this is simply allowing cheats to get away with it.

Givenchy

They'll probably get a points deduction (enough so they fall outside the CL spots), a huge fine and a 2 season transfer window ban whilst they have to cooperate and promise not to be naughty ever again. Sending City down will only hamper the PL, imagine the amount of top players the league would lose. Also stripping them of titles is ridiculous, this wasn't match fixing.

I hope they get away with it honestly, tired of these historic PL clubs and fans (United, Liverpool etc) and their hypocrisy. Plus the outrage will be a good read.

Barcilliant

They'll probably get a points deduction (enough so they fall outside the CL spots), a huge fine and a 2 season transfer window ban whilst they have to cooperate and promise not to be naughty ever again. Sending City down will only hamper the PL, imagine the amount of top players the league would lose. Also stripping them of titles is ridiculous, this wasn't match fixing.

I hope they get away with it honestly, tired of these historic PL clubs and fans (United, Liverpool etc) and their hypocrisy. Plus the outrage will be a good read.

I have to agree. Not a City fan but the other clubs are no saints. They're doing dodgy stuff themselves.
Transfer ban and no European football for two seasons perfect.

Birdy

They still haven't done the financial doping and laundering that gulf state-owned clubs have,
their income comes from legitimate sources

Until they do the same, you can't lump them in the same sentence, sorry

Stripping the titles is the only fair thing, irrespective of relegation.
The advantage they gained through illegitimate means towards titles against competitors was even more decisive than match fixing

Messigician

Lord Pannick Kings Council will once again defend city, he got them off the first time and although they can't appeal to CAS they can appeal to local courts

If they didn't have a solid case I reckon he wouldn't take the job he's the number 1 lawyer in the UK

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
There was no FFP in early 2000's though, at least that I know off.
Abramovic simply "loaned" money to the club from his institution, wasn't illegal back then.
Rules were made to regulate future businessmen and state owned clubs

Ffp was designed to keep clubs from overspending and going under. Ended up being used totry keep new clubs from challenging the established elite.

I think it's hilarious how some people are reacting with this. Hope city win so this whole fake ffp shit can fuck off.

Also to call it cheating is a bit of a stretch considering big clubs have had the advantage over their competitors for years but one one really cared.anyway look forward to seeing what will happen.

Messigician

I spoke to my friend who's a top corporate lawyer

He reckons city got this in the bag at a court level but will lose the initial hearing.

Home of Barca Fans