Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

JamDav1982

Yeah, and Xavi got the team from 9th place and made them champions with a superb dominating league campaign 1 year later. :lol:

9th place after ten odd games and a game in hand as well as some of best players missing... the results stayed the same until could spend in Janiuary and players came back.

Had Xavi taken over summer after Barca finished 9th that would be relevant.

Far easier league to make up places in also.

Not even comparable.

serghei

Far easier is pushing it. Sevilla smashed United to bits last season. :lol: Madrid toyed vs Chelsea and Liverpool. Only City is a cut above.

Rory

There is no comparison between Barca's performance under Xavi and United's. Night and day. Even if you exclude City, nothing is stopping United from beating the smaller teams and pushing for the title.

Tottenham is doing it ffs after losing Kane.
Nothing stopping united? Give your head a wobble.

They've had a decade of poor recruitment.
Ten Hag spending a net total of 360m isn't enough to correct all of that damage. About 1/3 of that spending has been injured all season. Meanwhile all other english clubs near the top are spending over 100m+ each season.

United's squad is not good enough and you know it really. As I said partly on the manager, not sure how much. But if the last decade is anything to go off I'd say it's likely a club issue than a manager one.

ajnotkeith

Yeah, and Xavi got the team from 9th place and made them champions with a superb dominating league campaign 1 year later. :lol:

Apples vs oranges. Xavi's Barca are a team developing at a much faster rate than United.
9th was never our true starting point as a team. I think you know that.

We were never that bad.

serghei

9th was never our true starting point as a team. I think you know that.

We were never that bad.

True, never that bad, but also not as good as to be able to win a championship title without top management.

Barca had top management lately. United not. Simple as that. ETH is not that good. His signings are terrible and his tactics are pretty basic stuff.

serghei

Barca are a combination of good management and a very good academy overcoming its terrible financial situation. This is why the club achieved so much compared to far richer teams outspending us by hundreds of millions in signings.

JamDav1982

True, never that bad, but also not as good to be able to win a championship title without top management.

Barca had top management lately. United not. Simple as that. ETH is not that good. His signings are terrible.

The squad had a good base and young players had gained more experience then hundreds of milliosn spent after the levers.

All contributed.

JamDav1982

Barca are a combination of good management and a very good academy overcoming its terrible financial situation.

Xavi has spent a lot of money and been given freedom to do it and on a base of very good young players.

More so than any Barca coach in years.

The 'terrible fincancial' situation has not been all that relevant for Xavi at all.

He spends more than every other team in league bar Real who have spent not much more since he arrived either.

La Liga is much more calm for a big club like Barca in terms of making top 4 etc.

Teams in EPL over spend time and again when chasing others.

ajnotkeith

True, never that bad, but also not as good as to be able to win a championship title without top management.

Barca had top management lately. United not. Simple as that. ETH is not that good. His signings are terrible and his tactics are pretty basic stuff.
I agree their signings were bad but doesnt just fall on Ten Hag. Their board is a lot worse and the club has been a mess since Fergie.

Home of Barca Fans