Quique Setien

Givenchy

i feel sorry for this guy honestly. hes been handed an entitled, old, slow, depleted, unfit squad (thanks to Valverde) plus no signings in January from our clown board to counter it.

Valverde and the seniors have set us back years

Riordon

Won’t judge him based on Camp Nou games. This was a pretty typical Valverde Camp Nou game, the real question is how will we perform away from home

FinBarcelonafan

i feel sorry for this guy honestly. hes been handed an entitled, old, slow, depleted, unfit squad (thanks to Valverde) plus no signings in January from our clown board to counter it.

Truth. Exactly how I feel as well. Setien has very tough job.

Tackle

Levante came into this match wanting to get battered with a ridiculously high defensive line and gaps all over the place.

Despite that we only scored two and could have conceded many more than one. Still willing to give Setien until the Napoli match. I feel for him in some ways because there are many things out of the lad's control, but football is a business and he is still expected to deliver the goods.

FCMessi

Finally the players NOT playing on the wrong sides.

Also recognized Semedo and Lenglet being the better RB and CB.

malvolio

Yeah I'll cry myself to sleep thinking about cattle herder Setien getting 2-3 mil at the end of the season when he'll be sacked.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
In the 2 games we've played with 4-3-3, Setien has managed to get more out of Semedo than I ever saw him play under Valverde. Actually made passes in every direction, combined well with Leo, took advantage of his athleticism. If we can build on that, it's possible to build up a formidable right side in our offense once again.

That's something promising at least. I think we are still utterly misusing FDJ. Setien has too much of a boner for Busquets so we should just change to a 4-2-3-1 and be done with it. Vidal is basically just a high energy CAM out there.

BBZ8800

I guess that Setien hasn't watched Barca during Lucho's and EV's years because it seems that he will burry our amigos to the ground.

Since Setien came, we played 360 minutes and 3 easy Camp Nou games, but also:
360 Messi
360 Busquets
334 Alba
323 Griezzmann

Overplaying our starters in January and February were often one of key reasons for a huge fall in March and April.

This year, our seniors are even older and they play more than ever.

What could possibly go wrong in a CL 1/8 or quarters?

Let's see.

vegitot

I guess that Setien hasn't watched Barca during Lucho's and EV's years because it seems that he will burry our amigos to the ground.

360 Messi
360 Busquets
334 Alba
323 Griezzmann

Overplaying our starters in January and February were often one of key reasons for a huge fall in March and April.

Let's see.
our squad is weaker than ever.

MTL_Barca

It makes sense for Setien to stick with a solid base of players for now. He doesn't really know the squad yet and he only works with the team for a short time so changing things up on the fly isn't as easy. That's what happens when you hire a coach mid season.

Also for the strikers he doesn't have any options. Suarez is out and no replacement got signed. Dembele still not back from injury. So that leaves him with Messi, Griezmann and la masia kids.

I'm sure he will give players some breaks but realistically most starters will have to put in a lot of minutes if Barca wants to win titles this season, especially Messi and Griezmann. There isn't really a way around that with how the squad is set up.

It's also not new, i think Messi played pretty much every minute since he's back from his injury at the end of September besides the 6th CL group stage game and the copa vs Ibiza, so by that logic Valverde already killed him in the 1st half of the season.

Last edited:

boixos

If we going to blame Valverde for natural processes like aging, we might as well blame him for the coronavirus.

FinBarcelonafan

360 Messi
360 Busquets
334 Alba
323 Griezzmann

Let's see.

Dembele coming back will help with Griez/Fati. Vidal coming back soon and Arthur gaining back momentum will help the midfield(bench Busi and Raki, give DeJong rest.)

Defende we have enough subs.

The biggest problem is Messi. No one can replace him and he must play pretty much every game.

You said we are guaranteed to win vs Napoli. What happened?

Home of Barca Fans