Quique Setien

Barcilliant

Basically he's been given a raw deal football wise. Slow, unmotivated, old team. No preseason, a useless board, predecessor etc.

I just cannot see us winning a trophy this season. Our trajectory is mirroring Milan to a tee. That great Milan side collapsed twice in cl to Liverpool and Depor. The young players Milan signed like Pato never florished and now they are struggling to be mediocre.

Rory

Should drop Frenkie next home game, needs to up his level if we're going to accomplish anything this season. He honestly looked like he was doing his best Rakitic impression last night. As for the midfield 3, away from home I understand starting Frenkie, Busquets and Rakitic because they sit deep or at least in the middle of the pitch but at home we need one of those 3 to be attacking minded. I don't think Puig is amazing by any means but with Vidal injured and Arthur being a similar style he should have started just for that dynamism.

ini4ever

Whether how good/bad this new system going to be you could actually notice this last game differences to his first game and that's warming. Couple of new offensive strategies I saw this game which hadn't been done in previous games.

Raketa10

Dembele coming back will help with Griez/Fati. Vidal coming back soon and Arthur gaining back momentum will help the midfield(bench Busi and Raki, give DeJong rest.)

Defende we have enough subs.

The biggest problem is Messi. No one can replace him and he must play pretty much every game.

Another big problem is that we have no striker to replace Suarez. Without no.9 it will be almost impossible to score against top tier teams in CL. Imagine this attack against strong defense or even worse imagine us going against parked bus with Dembouz, Griezmann or Fati alongside Messi. None of these players is good in the box and none of them is physically strong enough to play centrally. I honestly can't see how the hell could we score on set up defense unless Messi pulls out some serious magic once again. Also with Suarez out opponents can concentrate on Messi full time now and that will make his life harder than ever.

What makes me mad is the fact we knew Suarez is 33y old and has bad knees and we weren't able to sign a backup for him during last summer. Only thing we can hope for is that somehow Griezmann learns to play as a no.9 but to be honest I don't see that happening.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Setien finding the same problems that Valverde found. Who would have thought....

Carles Perez being shipped out just looks like yet another wondrous sporting decision from Bartomeu, doubling down on a player who has habitually been injured.

We have Ansu, Griezmann & Messi for goalscorers - a 17 year old who excels on the left wing, a left sided player who excels as a support striker and Messi who plays as a support striker. No right sided winger and no striker

BBZ8800

You said we are guaranteed to win vs Napoli. What happened?

I have said that while EV was a coach.

EV would win against weaker teams and woulf have probably lost in the semis.

With Setien, that is another story.
He has never managed a team who plays in 3 competitions and we will see what will he do with rotations.
I guess that he will play with Gala 11 in copa matches which usually means=a team being dead tired in CL matches in February and March (remember how RM always lost on purpose in copa and CR7 never played and then he ran like crazy in a CL, while Messi was winning CDRs and was dead tired in CL matches).

Plus Setien plays weird defense.

So, I am less optimistic today.

serghei

If EV managed to concede 3 goals vs Levante in like 20 mins, then it is very possible that he could have suffered a worse defeat vs Napoli. Basic logic that, again, completely evades BBZ and his idiotic agenda.

Home of Barca Fans