Quique Setien

serghei

Apparently people just overreacted:D

Is that the first time people lose their shit after a transfer? :lol: It's common with football fans.

U sure? After Neymar left?

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not talking about hot takes after some bad transfer is done. These things are always thrown around but aren't statements thought out.

This season, we saw how the team started in poor form, with injuries, not a good preseason, with a manager who after Liverpool was deteriorating more and more. It was clear we were heading for a trophyless season. At the same time we saw Madrid grinding out wins with top defensive displays. Again, we saw our defense being shambolic in comparison.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca have three very talented, promising midfielders coming through in Riqui, Pedri and Ilaix. These three separate themselves from the rest of the pack that includes Monchu, Jandro Orellana.

All three offer a different type of skillset.

There's no guarantee all of them will be a starting midfielder for Barca, or if any at all, but there's something to look forward to. With the right conditions they all have what it takes to be an important part of a future Barca, whether as starters or super-subs.

khaled_a_d

There's no guarantee all of them will be a starting midfielder for Barca, or if any at all, but there's something to look forward to. With the right conditions they all have what it takes to be an important part of a future Barca, whether as starters or super-subs.

IF just one of three became starter, FDJ proved he is the WC player we bought and we just need a 3rd missing piece it is still great. If another one became solid bench player then even better.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Barca have three very talented, promising midfielders coming through in Riqui, Pedri and Ilaix. These three separate themselves from the rest of the pack that includes Monchu, Jandro Orellana.

All three offer a different type of skillset.

What do you think about Collado? He's already 21 and seems like a mediocre talent, a RM/CAM slow left-footed hybrid. We'll have a better player in Trincao. Will he (Collado) be sold?

Last edited:

serghei

No reason why some of these players can't make the step if we put our house in order. This is new board + new manager.

DonAK

What do you think about Collado? He's already 21 and seems like a mediocre talent, a RM/CAM slow left-footed hybrid. We'll have a better player in Trincao. Will he (Collado) be sold?

I read that he might get promoted, but I don't see anything special in him. Probably gonna end up like Denis Suarez where he'll move to another La Liga team and do well there.

I could be wrong though, obviously, but what does he bring to the 1st team that we already don't have?

JamDav1982

Collado is a good player but he and Monchu should be loaned out to give themselves a chance to prove themselves at a better level.

Or even sold with buy back. Would imagine both would have options in La Liga or other decent leagues.

serghei

Isn't it some Barca talent who is a bit different in profile, sort of like a Casemiro or something?

Or we could buy that player.

To have something like Puig/Pedri - De Jong - Camavinga (or some other player with more athleticism and defensive ability).

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
By the way, a quote from Setien that affirms Messi chooses where to play himself.

Seti?n: "Messi usually decides where he plays and it generally does well. If he's closer to the goal, it's much better because the effort he has to put in is less. The problem is that sometimes there are a lot of defenders and he has to take a step back to connect."

there's also this info:

Messi and Seti?n spoke alone for more than half an hour after the game between Barcelona and Osasuna. Seti?n initiated the conversation. The two gave their honest opinions. [cat radio]

khaled_a_d

Isn't it some Barca talent who is a bit different in profile, sort of like a Casemiro or something?

Ludovit Reis. Was bought from Groningen last summer when he was starter there.
Setien didn't seem like his biggest fan though he improved with time. I think he might go on loan next season.

Edit:Illax Moriba is compared to Pogba too, he is widely considered our biggest La Masia midfield talent since may be Thiago.
Had great game today from what I read too. He and Fati were players we decided to smash youth wage structure for.

DonAK

Ludovit Reis. Was bought from Groningen last summer when he was starter there.
Setien didn't seem like his biggest fan though he improved with time. I think he might go on loan next season.

He's getting benched by Ilaix for Barca B so probably not good enough tbh.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Or we could buy that player.

To have something like Puig/Pedri - De Jong - Camavinga (or some other player with more athleticism and defensive ability).

I think you're talking about Ludovit Reis who we bought for Barca B. He already had had two seasons of experience in Erdevisie when he came here. There is also Matheus who is playing for Valladolid. We should look at all of those players in pre-season, assuming we'll have one.

FinBarcelonafan

As if Barca weren't on a historically bad run with Valverde after the first half of the season. This revisionism is disgusting.

Bartomeu should have fired him after the Copa del Rey final loss.

Truth spoken. The fuck up was made way before last January. The damage was done.

Home of Barca Fans