Radamel Falcao

Garrus

The last place and i mean the laaaaaast place falcao should go to is barcelona.,Only 2 things will be waiting for him

The touchline or the bench.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Or a Messi that plays deeper and a new coach that's not afraid to experiment with 4-3-1-2

Nah, not gonna happen... Why fix what ain't broken? I know our system is not perfect, but right now it's doing the job just fine, so it's not a matter of being afraid of experimentation as Pep and Tito have done a looooooooot of experiments...

And just thinking of moving Messi, be it deeper or to a wing, makes no sense... Why risk the 60+ goals he can score from the center? Do you really think that Falcao could score that same amount of goals against parked buses? Sure, Messi can play AM no problem, but he's at his best nearer to the opposition goal...

Don't get me wrong, Falcao is a great player and will succeed where ever he goes, but as long as we have Messi, every other player will play second fiddle to him because no one else will be able to perform like him...

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Messi has scored 13 with 51 shots, Ronaldo 11 with 61. Falcao's 10 have come in only 31 shots.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I remember last year, Higuain had an insane goals/shot (or was it goals/min) ratio at one point in the season where he was netting hattricks for fun. I think Falcao's ratio is even better. Let's see if he can keep it up. I remember he started well last year too, until things started going wrong after a 5-0 loss at Camp Nou...He got injured soon after

Ursegor

World Champion
The whole Atletico team is doing unrealistically well. Last season they finished with 56 points. This season they've already reached 25 points (45 % of last season's point tally) in only 9 games. Last season they needed 19 games to reach 26 points. Unlikely they'll put up a title fight but they could reach 70+ points this season.

This will also be the season when they'll beat Real Madrid. Mark my words.

ammarfcb

ze special one
villa right now has 4 goals from 7 (liga) shots would be amazing if he can keep it up.

anyway falcao...
Radamel+Falcao+Garcia+Girlfriend+Beach+Miami+f3yEtLaBvZ3l.jpg

372866_191401970933629_25545172_n.jpg

Ursegor

World Champion
Bring Pep back, buy Falcao, play 3-4-3, profit.

Villa Falcao Pedro
Messi
Iniesta Xavi
Busquets
Abidal Mascherano Puyol

#fifa13

372866_191401970933629_25545172_n.jpg

Last edited:

PearLBLacK

Banned
Wasn't the 3-4-3 experimentation the main cause of your problems last season? I'd assume you would be more eager to stick with the 4-3-3.

And no, get your hands off Falcao. You can have the skinny kid from down south.

Ursegor

World Champion
Wasn't the 3-4-3 experimentation the main cause of your problems last season? I'd assume you would be more eager to stick with the 4-3-3.

Nope. The main problems were:

1. Villa breaking his leg
2. Abidal suffering from cancer
3. Pique impregnating Shakira
4. Pedro being injured for 1/3 of the season
5. Iniesta fighting with niggling injuries for a long spell
6. Alexis fighting with niggling injuries throughout the season
7. Cesc's form dropping horribly in the second half of the season

3-4-3 wasn't a problem, although casual fans blamed last season on 3-4-3 because it was the most obvious change. We beat you 3-1 in the Bernabeu playing 3-4-3 so the system works beautifully as long as all players are available and on form.

PearLBLacK

Banned
You also played 3-4-3 in April 21, how did that work out? It was at your backyard, too, although you could argue you didn't have your full squad available.

IMO, the 3-4-3 worked while it was a surprise or other teams weren't accustomed to it. Very prone to counterattacks, and without the proper defenders becomes a major weakpoint. The 3-4-3 in part did have an effect on your problems, especially early on in the season. The Sociedad game comes to mind, both of their goals were counter attacks, especially the second goal (Okay, it was a major Villa screw up). Once teams realize the 3-4-3 is defensively weak, they could just sit back and kill you on the counter.

Villa Falcao Pedro
Messi
Iniesta Xavi
Busquets
Abidal Mascherano Puyol​

You removed one of your best players, Dani Alves, from that formation you just posted. IMO, he's one of the most important pieces, in that with him you can easily revert between 3-4-3 and 4-3-3.

Like so:

Villa Falcao Pedro
Messi
Xavi Busquets Alves
Abidal Mascherano Puyol

Of course, this also removes Iniesta, but that's the only way I see that Alves, Xavi, Messi & Falcao could play together in a 3-4-3, with Busquets (who you're so fond of) keeping his DM spot. Still a 4-3-3 wouldn't work, only a 4-2-1-3 variation with Messi in regular #10 role. Unless you sacrifice one of Pedro, Villa or Messi for Iniesta.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
What annoys me with the 3-4-3 is that we sometimes lack movement since there's no full backs to make forward runs, and that we're more susceptible to counters. The way I see it, it both dulls our attacks and creates a hole in the back when facing good, or fast, teams.

Home of Barca Fans