Radamel Falcao

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I think Chicharito would be a great choice.

I've heard rumors of Negredo being the replacement too. I think that would be another great choice. He really did have a great season for Sevilla.

iniesta_8

another MONEY EAGER player, selling his footbol career for money.... AS Moanco has very few real football-fans, their stadium has a capacity of just 18'000

he could habe played in the biggerst clubs in Europe, what a shame:wave:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
The move isn't bad if Monaco get can get Hulk too.

I always loved that Porto team w/ Falcao and Hulk. I would have loved to see them together for one season in the CL.

I've heard Alvaro Pereira linked to Monaco too.

desoe

Chicharito would be great. If he gets a starting place (and he will, because he'll start scoring pretty soon) he will bag a lot of goals, I'm sure. The kid is legit.

89Norcal

I heard his salary would be 14million euros a year. In a principality with no income tax, that is VERY difficult to turn down.

Besides, Monaco could always return to the CL. It's not like he pulled an Eto'o

barcanuck

another MONEY EAGER player, selling his footbol career for money.... AS Moanco has very few real football-fans, their stadium has a capacity of just 18'000

he could habe played in the biggerst clubs in Europe, what a shame:wave:

This.

Also Monaco's attendance averaged 5000 this year. Selling their soul for money. What can you expect from Falcao though his agent is Mendes, the same as Mou, Ronaldo, Carvalho, Coentreao, Di Maria.

89Norcal

Guys Monaco has a population of under 40,000...of course their attendance is low. But they had a recent history in the last 10 years of European success and are trying to rebuild it albeit by splurging.

But if it backfires and they have no chemistry you can all take a deep breath and relax :lol:

XaviMessiGirl

Guys Monaco has a population of under 40,000...of course their attendance is low.

lol this... don't know where people expect all these "fans" to come from anyway. Besides, a substantial portion of the population of Monaco is celebrities, rich businessmen etc, do we really expect them to attend football matches?

But meh, still not happy with all these new money clubs coming in. It's a saddening future for football.

Meitux

I heard his salary would be 14million euros a year. In a principality with no income tax, that is VERY difficult to turn down.

Besides, Monaco could always return to the CL. It's not like he pulled an Eto'o
Eto'o did what he did he was a damn great player and proved himself,he won so many trophies and then he went for the money..its not so dramatic

abual3bed1

And I thought he was ambitious. Unless he's planning on a bigger move within a year, Flacao has lost all the respect there is for him with this transfer.

Last edited:

89Norcal

lol this... don't know where people expect all these "fans" to come from anyway. Besides, a substantial portion of the population of Monaco is celebrities, rich businessmen etc, do we really expect them to attend football matches?

But meh, still not happy with all these new money clubs coming in. It's a saddening future for football.

If it's any consolation, recent history is showing us that big-spending clubs may find domestic success but rarely reach the heights they are shooting for on the European tournament level.

Chelsea may have on Europa league but I doubt that was Abramovich's goal when he fronted the cash for Oscar and Hazard :)

I also see it as a necessary evil to bring quality to other leagues as well as enhance their outlook for other top players. Otherwise leagues like Ligue 1 or the Eredivisie will continue to be feeders for the EPL, save for the odd 1 rich club in each division.

Home of Barca Fans