Rafinha Alcantara

F

Flavia

[tw]644441486059249665[/tw]

Very good from the board.

The tackle was awful. I think fifa, uefa and all other organs should start taking measures against those kind of tackles. Naiggolan and the guy who hit Shaw should face stronger punishments. Like staying out for at least 1/3 of the time they player they injured are. This could make players think twice before attempting such horrific tackles. This should not be part of the game.

jairzinho

Looking at the replay confirms there was never any true intent to play the ball. The way he went into the tackle with a scissors like action shows his intention was to deliberately cause harm to the player.

Stric

Looking at the replay confirms there was never any true intent to play the ball. The way he went into the tackle with a scissors like action shows his intention was to deliberately cause harm to the player.

Of course players sometimes deliberately tackle another player to stop them from advancing, and that may have been the case, but by your logic, if Messi sends a FK to the stands and you watch the replay where he hits the ball wrong, then that confirms there was never any true intent to hit the target. Tackles can go bad, just like shots do. Some players are better at them, some are worse. Maybe it was just a shitty tackle, with no bad intentions. Maybe he intended to tackle Rafinha and not the ball. But there's no way in hell that you can tell by looking at the replay that he explicitly intended to cause harm to Rafinha.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Refs bottled it on two counts - one for failing to send the player off but also for failing to punish late tackles earlier with bookings....otherwise you encourage physical play when injuries are more likely to occur

Gallivanter

Of course players sometimes deliberately tackle another player to stop them from advancing, and that may have been the case, but by your logic, if Messi sends a FK to the stands and you watch the replay where he hits the ball wrong, then that confirms there was never any true intent to hit the target. Tackles can go bad, just like shots do. Some players are better at them, some are worse. Maybe it was just a shitty tackle, with no bad intentions. Maybe he intended to tackle Rafinha and not the ball. But there's no way in hell that you can tell by looking at the replay that he explicitly intended to cause harm to Rafinha.

I agree he likely didn't intend injury, and that it can't be determined by looking at the replay. However, it can determined that it was reckless and clumsy, and as a result he is responsible for the injury, and more than just if it were a normal accidental play. This is particularly true given Nainggolan history. And I say that as someone who watches nearly all of Roma's matches and supports them in Serie A.

I liken it to when my sons were younger. Sure, they didn't mean to break the vase, or whatever, in the house. It was an accident. But it was their not following the rules and wrestling around in the house that led to the "accident". In other words, they were just as responsible as if they did intend to break the vase.

jairzinho

When you closely examine the history and reputation of this guy, you'd perhaps understand why i indicated that there was only malice on his mind. Some players are prone to the one off clumsy or reckless challenge. There are others however, who are consistently reckless and callous. Naingoolan falls into that category.

MessiDinho10

What's bothering me is that Nainggolan is a recidivist. He's caused such a bad injury twice in the last six months and has been punished for neither of them. He's like Witsel in Belgium, who broke the legs of two players inside a year. At least Witsel received punishment for his actions, which have clearly helped because he hasn't committed such a criminal tackle since he left the Belgian League.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If you're injuring other players it means you're a shit player. Plenty of good defensive midfielders who don't break legs but are still rough in their challenges.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
When you closely examine the history and reputation of this guy, you'd perhaps understand why i indicated that there was only malice on his mind. Some players are prone to the one off clumsy or reckless challenge. There are others however, who are consistently reckless and callous. Naingoolan falls into that category.

And anyone who actually participates in team sports recognise these sorts of lunatics easily enough, meaning refs have zero excuse

Barcafan 2304

Talking about that, maybe I'm getting a persecution complex but not a lot seems to go in our favour. Surely he should have been punished for the challenge?

Home of Barca Fans