Rafinha Alcantara

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Tw Nainggolan (Roma): "Hi @RAFInha, I feel bad, it wasn't my intention to hurt you. I hope to see you on the pitch again soon, big hug!"

Maybe learning how to tackle properly without giving players long term injuries would suffice more than an apology. Reckless player.

Mitchell1978

What's bothering me is that Nainggolan is a recidivist. He's caused such a bad injury twice in the last six months and has been punished for neither of them. He's like Witsel in Belgium, who broke the legs of two players inside a year. At least Witsel received punishment for his actions, which have clearly helped because he hasn't committed such a criminal tackle since he left the Belgian League.

True, Witsel hasn't done anything like that for years (his tackle and the injury to Wasilewski years ago was horrible, worse then what happened with Rafinha even).

barcanuck

Click at your own risk. This butcher called Radja should be shown straight reds. He doesn't know shit about tackling.
http://estaticos02.marca.com/imagenes/2015/09/17/en/football/barcelona/1442504334_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

Last edited:

Co0ter

Comments like this are pathetic. Childish mindset.

So it's ok for this piece of shit to CONTINUE to make reckless tackles and injure players? Newflash, refs and Fifa don't go back in time to punish people. Thugs like him get away with it all the time, while someone bites another player (poor thing, he will suffer a stinging sensation from the bite, how awful) and gets banned for several months.

Let me ask you a question- would you rather get bit, or get your leg bent in half or knee mangled?!...yea, that's what I thought. The guy plays dirty. And he continues to play dirty, even after severely injuring other players. Fifa and the refs don't want to do anything about it? Fine, I'm totally ok with Masch taking it into his own hands.

At the end of the day if I have to choose between the career of a butcher and someone who is just trying to play the game...I choose the butcher taking the fall.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hhaha, folks on the high horses with holier-than-thou attitude...

It is not just any injury. It is a serious injury that could prove to be potentially threatening the career down the road of one of our brightest future stars, caused by a repeated offender who sent a couple of lukewarm sentences over social media. That's not remorse on my book.

Whatever.

Co0ter

Does Mascherano have a list of players he's severely injured? He has a history of bad tackles, a lot of tackles timed wrong or just done when it was unnecessary, but he isn't known for making careless, reckless tackles not even attempting to get the ball. If you want to take a player down, without the ball, to make a professional foul- that is one thing. But do you have to do it jumping onto their legs, with two feet or while scissoring through them? No, you do not.

You bring up the point of a viscous cycle but it leaves out the fact that one player really deserves it, while the other does not. It's all juvenile I suppose, until he seriously injures the next player. Then it's another case of "oh no, it's so unfortunate. lets hope it doesn't happen again". I've played the game, it doesn't take long to figure out who is a tough player and who is reckless with no disregard. I played against a neighboring towns traveling team and one of their defenders had broken one of our players legs TWICE, the same kid, in consecutive seasons....once playing outdoor, and once indoor. Earlier in the preceding season, he had caused a knee injury to our other rival neighboring team's best player. It's not coincidence.

If I had to choose between that defender getting injured, vs watching my teammate roll around the ground with his tibia protruding through his skin....I choose the defender. I have no sympathy for players like them.

Last edited:

zanela

Hhaha, folks on the high horses with holier-than-thou attitude...

It is not just any injury. It is a serious injury that could prove to be potentially threatening the career down the road of one of our brightest future stars, caused by a repeated offender who sent a couple of lukewarm sentences over social media. That's not remorse on my book.

Whatever.

Not sure if you were referring to me.

I don't conform to the the law of talion. I have no sympathy for recidivist, but I'm not going to wish or approve of violence in retaliation. I'd like to see repeated offenders be monitored and subjected to lengthy bans, and eventual ejection from the game. But to wish physical impairment of the offender, is going beyond punishing the subject.

Icarium

Lifestealer
People come up with this bite and tackle argument again. There is some truth to it but you have to understand tackle is something that is used to get the ball. Bite has no place in football. First one can go wrong and can end up messy. But the second one shouldny happen by any chance. But if people just wanted to break someone's leg he should be banned for life. But it is hard to decide that one.

Home of Barca Fans