Raheem Sterling

Robbie

He is an awful footballer. Technically speaking.

But footballers don't just rely on technique. Speed, finishing, confidence, jumping ability, turning ability, spacial awareness, playing between the lines... and other such cliches all matter. Not everyone will be Iniesta with the ball at their feet.

Shears for eg, unreal predator, goal scorer, captain, leader, used his body and physicality like few others. Was crap technically though (you can argue shooting is a technique in itself)

“I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against,”

“Barcelona players are not scared easily but I can tell you that when we played Arsenal last season he truly worried us.”

-- Messi (2011/12)

Would Messi have said this about an "awful player"? Walcott has improved massively in all areas, including close control dribbling and overall technique. He has scored every type of goal imaginable, from volleys, half-volleys, chips, clinical side-footers. And if that isn't enough, he has scored against almost every big club we have ever faced. His problem is that he gets season-ending injuries all the time. Dislocated both his shoulders, tore ligaments, even an ACL where he admitted in 2014 that he had to "learn to walk again". Had more surgery than any young player should have to get. Every single time he gets out of the operating table and tries to get back into form, he gets shit all over by the media without having a chance.

And it's not just because he's "fast" either. England is full of players as fast as Walcott. Trust me, Messi wouldn't be saying that shit about Agbonlahor or Aaron Lennon

Andrew M

So what?

I remember Xavi saying some very flattering things about Shaun Wright Philips

Walcott's main problem to me is that he is a dim wit

Robbie

SWP was pretty good back then, and had the potential to become great. That was in the 2004-05 season by the way, barely 2 years since Barca was in 6th place and Valencia was winning the league by a 5 point margin. A young winger with potential was definitely a fit for that Barca team, alongside the likes of Overmars and Guily

Walcott's main problem is that he constantly gets injured, then doesn't step on a football pitch 4-5 months later

Andrew M

SWP was pretty good back then, and had the potential to become great. That was in the 2004-05 season by the way, barely 2 years since Barca was in 6th place and Valencia was winning the league by a 5 point margin. A young winger with potential was definitely a fit for that Barca team, alongside the likes of Overmars and Guily

Walcott's main problem is that he constantly gets injured, then doesn't step on a football pitch 4-5 months later

I'm glad you know your Primera history ;)

You can't deny that Walcott makes bad decisions at crucial moments.

Why would bale want to go for liverpool? He might want to go for some big club who has a chance of winning league and CL.

I don't really believe it'll happen, I was just harping on Flo's muppet nature :lol:

Although Bale does seem to have this 'big fish, small pond' complex. He'll be untouchable at Liverpool from Day 1 :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Even I want bale to make a move for Liverpool. He performs better when he is the star player of the team.

Jombi

I said it a few weeks ago here that I thought he would go to RM since they love players with expiring contracts or players that dont want to sign new contracts. I dont think anyone will make way for him. Its not like he will cost 100m euros considering his contract situation.

Home of Barca Fans