Raphael Varane

Irish_Cules

Tonight was a lesson for him. He had a poor game but I think a lot of that was down to having Pepe beside him. The two of them have barely ever played together.

Cule4life

The Culest
Today showed a bad CB partnership always sums up to less than sum of its parts. Pepe was disastrous today. Varane was poor and this will be a lesson to him.
He was definitely overrated by some ppl here but i would take him in a heartbeat

kollegah

crappy against tough opponents, some ppl here saw the combination of puyol and nesta in him.
average defender, 15% better than bartra

El Gato

Villarato!
@up :lol:

Never saw the rampage that went on here :lol: U guys are great. When Nesta was getting drilled into the ground by Valeron, Luque and Pandiani it didn't mean he was a crap defender. Of course he had a bad game, the whole defensive line has, but pinpoiting him out of CB void bitterness and ignoring the fact that it was Pepe who fucked up 3 out of 4 goals.. He is still the biggest defensive prospect in the world of football and a top5 defender at that.

Paganinisrvnge

Varane is definitely a fantastic young player but in the Champions League, he showed on a few different occasions that he still is not as good as Hummels and Thiago Silva.

kollegah

@up :lol:

Never saw the rampage that went on here :lol: U guys are great. When Nesta was getting drilled into the ground by Valeron, Luque and Pandiani it didn't mean he was a crap defender. Of course he had a bad game, the whole defensive line has, but pinpoiting him out of CB void bitterness and ignoring the fact that it was Pepe who fucked up 3 out of 4 goals.. He is still the biggest defensive prospect in the world of football and a top5 defender at that.

wolfe full retard, hes not even the best defender at rm

he just shone against barca, and we showed maximum 35% of our offensive potential

Last edited:

mixer

Bartra did a great job against Bayern Munchen(the strongest side this season) and Varane bootled against Galatasaray (a team with few stars)

Bartra > Varane IMO (and it is not only based on the two matches above)

veryfatchocobo

Bartra did a great job against Bayern Munchen(the strongest side this season) and Varane bootled against Galatasaray (a team with few stars)

Bartra > Varane IMO (and it is not only based on the two matches above)
What? Really? ........ I thought Bartra was completely outplayed vs. Bayern especially in the 2nd leg. I guess opinions are opinions though.

Doobs

The Messiah
Exposed by some seasoned in form campainers. Still has a bag of talent. Going to be a force down the line.

Home of Barca Fans