Raphael Varane

Well, Lucho used to play for Real before he came to Barca while Laudrup used to play for Barca before he went the other way & I don't think they're seen in a bad light; although I am not aware of the details.

Either way if Varane is available, then he should be our main target IMO.

Butaan4barca

there have been others who were involved in direct transfers

including, shuster, figo, and saviola besides these two...

with only lucho coming our way out of the 5. Its time to increase the number for real madrid to barcelona direct transfers

meiission varane :zubi:

CuleLife4Life

Should have tried to force a move to Chelsea. He'd be a starter there IMO.

He has reportedly stopped all contract renewal negotiations. And his release clause is from 30-35ME. If he isn't transitioned into a starter this year, he will most definitely leave next year to Chelsea.

CuleLife4Life

French news saying he stormed out of the locker room yesterday and refused to talk to media which is UEFA required. He is very unhappy with his situation right now.

Man if it wasn't for the ban, I wish Zubi could give it a go on this one. He has no loyalty to RM as far as being a cantera product and he already speaks Spanish. One can dream....

B

beautifulgame

French news saying he stormed out of the locker room yesterday and refused to talk to media which is UEFA required. He is very unhappy with his situation right now.

Man if it wasn't for the ban, I wish Zubi could give it a go on this one. He has no loyalty to RM as far as being a cantera product and he already speaks Spanish. One can dream....

It doesn't matter what his situation is ever at RM. the sale to barca can't happen. Especially for any decent or promising player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It doesn't matter what his situation is ever at RM. the sale to barca can't happen. Especially for any decent or promising player.

AFAIK, he has a 40m buyout. If he want it then he could pay it out and it would be done.

We already have enough CBs though and I would rather pay those 40 millions for Aymeric Laporte to replace Mathieu/Vermaelen in 3 years or so, if we need a CB.

Hope no one gets him before that though:p

Icarium

Lifestealer
I would sell Pique and buy Laporte whenever we get the chance. Laporte Bartra with Mathieu and Vermaelen is very good defense. Buying Varane is impossible. Does he have a release clause?

Irish_Cules

Well..looks like he's staying. :lol:

Official: Varane has extended his contract with Real Madrid, he'll be with the club until June 30th, 2020.

CuleLife4Life

Fuck he extended his contract with Real Madrid. There might have been some assurances that he is taking Pepe's starting spot as well. Oh well.....he's not that great anyway :xavi:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Fuck he extended his contract with Real Madrid. There might have been some assurances that he is taking Pepe's starting spot as well. Oh well.....he's not that great anyway :xavi:

With the way Pepe has performed from the last year or so, there is no way Varane can replace him in the lineup unless Pepe is sold or he replaces Ramos(Not happening either).

Home of Barca Fans