Raphael Varane

CuleLife4Life

With the way Pepe has performed from the last year or so, there is no way Varane can replace him in the lineup unless Pepe is sold or he replaces Ramos(Not happening either).

This is the same club that is starting Iker in front of Navas. Fair doesn't apply to them lol.

But in all seriousness there was a lot of noise in France about he is/was really unhappy with his playing time. He at one point completely stopped negotiations. There had to have been some specific things in his contract and promises of a starting spot because the kid was ready to walk.

I don't think Real would have a problem getting rid of Pepe who is already 31. Yaya was doing great here but Busi was younger and better. You have to think for the future and long run when it comes to these types of things.

dostoevskij

Pepe has, besides other stuff i wont think about :), at least two more years in him at that level. And Madrid with their fragil defensive structure are not used to changing CB pairs, so will be interesting to see about Varanes develepment. He needs to play these years!

CuleLife4Life

Pepe has, besides other stuff i wont think about :), at least two more years in him at that level. And Madrid with their fragil defensive structure are not used to changing CB pairs, so will be interesting to see about Varanes develepment. He needs to play these years!

Well Varane has about 13-14 years left at the top since he just turned 21. He also spent chunks of 2013 playing in Pepe's place when Mou benched him. I don't think it will be a hard transition for a Ramos-Varane to take place. He shouldn't wait for that cunt to decline.

Morten

Solid performance today, especially after the pk, he was the only one who kept calm and did his job back there in that period.

CuleLife4Life

Carlo finally let him play. 3 great games in a row but Pepe is coming back from injury tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if he gets benched.

As of right now, I think he is the best CB RM have.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Carlo finally let him play. 3 great games in a row but Pepe is coming back from injury tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if he gets benched.

now wait for the storm of chants `WE HAVE BARTRA N HE IS BETTER`.

Morten

Pace might be a bit overrated for a cb, but im fairly sure Bale couldnt do that run against Varane, Varane is very quick and have great positioning. Anyway, Pepe is good and all, but if Varane doesnt get injuried he can play the rest of the matches this season, he is doing great with Ramos. Good to have one cb this calm, Pepe and Ramos is sometimes to much.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bale would have destroyed Varane as well. Prob woule have done that to almost every CB out there on a 1 on 1 with that space.

Besides, Bartra was playing with an injury which got aggravated later.

zanela

Bale would have destroyed Varane as well. Prob woule have done that to almost every CB out there on a 1 on 1 with that space.

I personally doubt it. For one, Varane has more pace and physicality. He would've taken him out, before allowing Bale to activate his afterburners.

B

beautifulgame

any good CB would have at least tripped the guy or knocked him him over for god sakes if they had a decent shot at him like Bartra did

Butaan4barca

i hope linetty doesn't ignores your posts.

With the way Pepe has performed from the last year or so, there is no way Varane can replace him in the lineup unless Pepe is sold or he replaces Ramos(Not happening either).

i will get back on this soon :)

CuleLife4Life

Haha man I think Ramos is so overrated. He masks his defensive mistakes by scoring. Pepe is more solid but has his fair share of mistakes as well. Varane is definitely better than both.

I don't think the 2 of them will get benched though. Carlo is what Tata was last year, scared to bench veterans.

BenRobbins

So Mourinho and Raphael himself have confirmed he was coming to Manchester United until we signed phil jones and made him doubt his playing time. Absolutely Ridiculous. Jones or Varane? Our transfer strategy has been a farce these last couple of years.

Home of Barca Fans