Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
This is my question Beast, why Benitez would sell Xabi, when he's better than Barry and the latter will cost him as much as Xabi? And why he would want 4th left back like Heinze?

Milan situation is not as bad as you present it. They have Bonera and Zambrotta in defence + the new brazilian guy + Kaladze, that could be a solid defence next year. But if Real are ready to offer 50-60 M I would sell Kaka and rebuild the team.

cause Xabi like to leave as far as i read in the English press after last summer tantrum from Rafa ...

needless to say i'm sure Perez offered him a very good contract
you can never understand Rafa.. why Agger was about to leave and never played.. why Keane was sold 4 month after buying him, why Babel ( i think he is very good ) , why Kromkamp..etc
.. he has some weird transfer ideas that i think something we can agree on
regarding Heinze Rafa rate him highly and if it wasn't for SAF refusing to sell those last 3 year would have been under Rafa guidance and i do believe he will be more a CB then a LB possibly a direct replacement to Hyypia
in any case the news on Sport says if they don't agree personal terms with Heinze Real will pay 3 million based on results on top of the 25..

regarding Milan .. Zambo is also on the wrong side of the 30's and Bonera IMHO is a joke

i think they need plenty more players if they ever want to go back on top especially that they do need a strong bench to compete .. although somehow i feel they might take a dutchie on top if the deal go through or make Real waive their 15 Million clause on Cassano and buy him for peanuts from Sampdoria

Nándor

But the difference is that we actually had a settled spine of the team which wasn't in doubt, you don't. Which existing players are certain starters? Casillas, Ramos (?), M. Diarra....are there any others? Quite frankly there are doubts over so many futures that you really need a complete overhaul but that can't and won't happen overnight. The lack of a long term vision since Sanz was president has done a lot of damage to RMCF in my opinion, despite the league successes.

We got to a CL semi last year. We had a very good foundation in place and just added to it, I don't see the same solid foundations in Madrid as we had...everyone knew (even Beast said it) that if we got rid of the egos in the squad we had the foundation of a top team, Xavi, Yaya, Iniesta, Puyol, Marquez, Messi, Henry, even Valdes and Eto'o...all top players and a solid foundation.

You guys have Higuain, Lass, Sergio Ramos and Iker Casillas...possibly Huntelaar and Pepe at a big stretch...You guys are in worse overall shape than we were this time last summer.

Barca didn't reach this level in one day and you don't expect any team to reach that same level in one year as well..

As CA & Warik pointed out they had the same core in the last 5- 6 years.. you add some names on the way and those players improved their quality and talent over the years and the additions gave them another perspective and ability to maneuver ..

Valdes-Puyol-Marquez-Xavi-Iniesta - Eto'o .. that's 6 out of 11.. along came Messi that's 7 out of 11 players .. some good subs like Milito-Pique... another dimension to Dinho in the form of Henry ..

as i said it's not FM2009 so don't expect to buy the best 11 in the world to suddenly compete with Barca..
when Capello took over he had some of the of the old team as starters (Iker-Ramos-Helguera-Carlos-Becks-Robinho-Raul..) it's football

5 or 6 players is the right amount.. the fans want flair not trophies .. that's why most of the polls had Wenger on top and Carlo & Jose trailing at the bottom

who he brings it doesn't matter cause it's Valdano & Zidane who will pick but it does matter which positions ..there is no doubt in anyone who watch the liga even cule's that Perez will seek Quality players
integrate in the team then build a system then expect the system to make sense in no less then 6 month .. so playing catch up is again an unrealistic view if you want it to happen in the first year
the improvement will occur in the Champions league IMO but it's down to many factors..
the first one is making other teams worried about our attacking threat instead of them taking it easy and coming to Iker like we saw .. Pique is a great player he proved it.. but i think there is plenty of game when Barca defense & keeper we're no tested due to
1- the team fears the attacking trio and 2 midfield magician
2- they never had the ball to attack in the first place...

now this is what they should look for in the next team...5-6 is an excellent amount of new players and judging by the acclaimed quality of those 5 or 6 it maybe too much

the base of the team should be Iker-Ramos-Pepe---Lass -Robben (when you have other alternatives to attack you can afford one selfish players especially if u did buy CR who is not the best unselfish player in the lot ) -Higuain
some may take Robben and add Huntelaar (but he is still not settled yet .. but i think spending pre-season will do him good under a new coach ) ..

good point made, i won't/can't argue with that. however, i actually do believe, that your success is basically down to the fact, that you have functioning system, a playing system/identity/playing culture you're sticking to for years now. i'm not interested in wether your meantioned foundation building players are better than the ones the would remain at madrid...cause tbh, the key is the system/identity/playing culture. that's why IMO your foundation building players could succed the way they did and that's where real mainly have to catch up.

regarding all the rumors...i think pérez will use the dutchies and players that are out very wise to lower the prices. for examples

- ribéry: cash + VDV or sneijder. maybe even robben might be interesting for bayern after losing their left winger. VDV/sneijder to replace ballack (they never really found a replacement and are still looking. that's why they wanted diego) and robben to cover ribéry.
- c. ronaldo: cash + huntelaar or sneijder.
- kaka': cash + sneijder (replace kaka') or m. diarra or both
- the valencia players (villa, silva, albiol): cash + saviola or negredo and/or VDV (we all recall the mess of valencia wanting him and he wanting to join valencia)
- xabi alonso: cash + plus heinze (apperently already a done deal) or robben

so far, it looks probable that kaka' and xabi alonso are done deals. PROBABLE!!! i just hope that robben gets sold, better said replaced by ribéry once c. ronaldo is signed, since i agree with beast on that matter. ONE selfish player can be afforded. that would be c. ronaldo if he joins, which is likely judging by the way pérez has talked about both kaka' and c. ronaldo.

beast, you meantioned several times that you had the feeling pérez could move for dinho...ever had the feeling pérez could move for beckham again???

beef-supreme

Wow what a turnaround for Robben... At one point of the season hailed as being Madrid's answer to Messi, as being BETTER than Messi... Now nobody wants him anymore. Another great Real Madrid transfer - buying a crooked Chelseaman.
(Not to say Barca haven't made some bad transfers too :lol:)

Beast

The Observer
Some people hate Robben.. i personally don't hate him.. i rate him highly.. (to Quote Shakespeare )"the mistake dear Brutus is not in our stars but in ourselves "
don't put one player as the creative force and only force and expect miracles ... Robben is not to blame he did what he can but alone no one can do anything .. Sneijder was really off form all through the season ..
until Marcelo rise to power we were very predictable ...
Robben should stay .. me & majority of Madridistas want him too

Nándor

Wow what a turnaround for Robben... At one point of the season hailed as being Madrid's answer to Messi, as being BETTER than Messi... Now nobody wants him anymore. Another great Real Madrid transfer - buying a crooked Chelseaman.
(Not to say Barca haven't made some bad transfers too :lol:)

i never rated him nore wanted him at madrid;) it's his playing style i hate. so predictable and one dimensional...i can actually feel the hate rise up in me every time i watch him play the way he plays.

Some people hate Robben.. i personally don't hate him.. i rate him highly.. (to Quote Shakespeare )"the mistake dear Brutus is not in our stars but in ourselves "
don't put one player as the creative force and only force and expect miracles ... Robben is not to blame he did what he can but alone no one can do anything .. Sneijder was really off form all through the season ..

you even want him to stay if c. ronaldo joins??? cause judging by how pérez talks about him, he'll join, that's 2 selfish players. at least CR7 is fun to watch, like a circus monkey doing his tricks and all that is him. not to meantion that he tends to score quite a goal or two. robben on the other is like i said above to one dimensional IMO. he reminds me of a one hit wonder song with the repeat button pushed. he's got only one move which he plays over and over and over. and i won't even start discussing his injuries, still shit load despite having (given that) improved a lot.

Beast

The Observer
i never rated him nore wanted him at madrid;) it's his playing style i hate. so predictable and one dimensional...i can actually feel the hate rise up in me every time i watch him play the way he plays.

you even want him to stay if c. ronaldo joins??? cause judging by how pérez talks about him, he'll join, that's 2 selfish players. at least CR7 is fun to watch, like a circus monkey doing his tricks and all that is him. not to meantion that he tends to score quite a goal or two. robben on the other is like i said above to one dimensional IMO. he reminds me of a one hit wonder song with the repeat button pushed. he's got only one move which he plays over and over and over. and i won't even start discussing his injuries, still shit load despite having (given that) improved a lot.

Robben scored 8 goals this season with a non-functioning team... i don't want CR to come and i don't want to spend 70 or 80 million on a winger .. Robben with a proper team would do a great job ...
as for " he has one play he keep repeating over & over " i guess you haven't seen much of CR did you ?
CR will be found out in the liga.. he is a brilliant player but not for 70 mil and the liga defenders as Raed pointed out before move for the ball not the body.. he will find it hard the same way Robinho suffered for 2 + years.. the difference is Robinho cost us 30 Million US not 70 Million Euro and was younger..

IMO CR is not needed..
Ribery------------Kaka--------------Robben/Silva switching...

... having a new starting 5 or 6 is a disaster , no need for Cristiano Ronaldo at all..

Nándor

i never said CR is neede!!! in fact i don't think he is...but i have a strong feeling that pérez will get him and he will arrive, regardless of his footballing necessaty. his marketing potential will see him move to madrid IMO.
like i said, at least he is fun to watch...but come on, you really mean to tell me that robben has the same sortiment of tricks and abilities than CR7???

Beast

The Observer
he can cross the ball better and i want him to stay.. players who are established in a side makes a difference.. he has liga experience CR hasn't ...

Beast

The Observer
nice.. so Sport story is false? i don't know it looks more like the most reliable story of them all .. however could be a usual negotiation tactics

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

I want him to stay, we won the league with him and a functioning team playing somewhat pretty football.

However it is his choices in some matches which makes everyone rip their hair out of their head. Not the fact that he couldn't defeat teams on his own, because it is impossible, not even Messi or Iniesta could do that but even during games in which we won, he opted for rather difficult routes and rarely ever shared the ball.

IraqiCulé

I love this RM compilation because the Barca segment is so damn bad ass:

[youtube]gYIPR9IEWoM[/youtube]

Be prepared for some barren seasons ahead Madridistas, it's our turn again. :)

barca7788

Nepali Cule
so thats how many games madrid lost in a row??
barca,valencia,villareal,mallorca,osasuna????
5 straight loss? i know it doesnt matter but is it another record broken this season?:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans