Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
But really those players come once a generation not once a year CA Like manure's youth in the 90's they haven't had players come through like that since.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Which is why they're called "golden generations". What's golden about providing squad players for the likes of Getafe and Almeria?

Beast

The Observer
So would you rather have Castilla playing in the 2ª or in 2ªB and providing the basis for a treble winning side? :eusa_think:
who knows.. if they were Barca's or Madrid of the 80's /90's i'm sure some of them would have formed the basis for a treble side..
as i said the difference is the mentality .. those same players who hardly get minutes excel outside when they are given constant playing time like Negredo/Soldado/Granero/De La Red...
it's all about the manager and the club targets.. sometimes a very talented player under the wrong guidance turn out crap and sometimes less talented players under correct management turn brilliantly .. i mean look @ Dinho.. do you think if Pep was in charge not Frank things would have turned sour ? i think u'll agree it could have been differently

I love the desperation that Madrid are showing. They certainly got a wake up call this year.
the humiliation of the classico and the CL is possibly the most positive outcome for Real this season beside Higuain .. instead of some big marquee signing we are looking for a complete makeover

But really those players come once a generation not once a year CA Like manure's youth in the 90's they haven't had players come through like that since.

true

beef-supreme

When is everyone going to realise that Balague is totally full of shit. He has never even got one predicition right in terms of transfers. The man is a joke.

Balague is such a cock, I hate reading his articles because of his writing style. He is always brimming with certainty and arrogance, but most of the time what he says turns out to be way off the mark.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
If one thing Perez does well, that would be to create a buzz around the Bernabeu. Finally some excitement again, and I think that's what we have lacked big time for a few years.

With Pellegrini, Zidane and Valdano all confirmed today, we have saved ourselves two weeks from having the election process, and already can focus on rebuilding for next season. I can't wait for next season now.

beef-supreme

We can criticise Madrid all we want for looking to go on a massive spending spree and doing another round of Galacticos. But in today's football world that's acceptable. More than anything Madrid are concerned with success and glory, and if they really believe that by signing a few massive names, and some more expensive players, they are going to be stronger than Barcelona, then the whole lack of youth products situation will probably be forgotten. By the majority of Madrid fans of course. Because success is like that. I'm sure that most Barca fans would have been 100% satisfied with this year's treble even if 7 of the 11 weren't La Masia players. The cantera aspect was just an (incredible) extra and believe me that the titles would have been celebrated equally. I don't hear Premier league fans complain when ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea do well, without so much as a couple of English players let alone youth products. Now of course, our youth system is just something that makes us even more prominently the best club in the world. And culés will always be proud of that. Surely Madrid fans would rather have culés left being proud of their youth system whilst Real Madrid march away with a star-studded team.

Course it won't happen. But, just saying that there's nothing particularly wrong with Madrid spending hundreds of millions on big names. Just incredibly lame and un-Barca.

Beast says that there will be a few youth products recalled and promoted. But I don't see that being the core of the side, and especially not if Barcelona continue to succeed.

beef-supreme

If one thing Perez does well, that would be to create a buzz around the Bernabeu. Finally some excitement again, and I think that's what we have lacked big time for a few years.

With Pellegrini, Zidane and Valdano all confirmed today, we have saved ourselves two weeks from having the election process, and already can focus on rebuilding for next season. I can't wait for next season now.

Yes even the forum's Madridistas I can tell are grinning like ---> :D
The shameful season has been (for now) forgotten and the excitement has turned the pessimism to optimism

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
due to playing in 3rd division there isn't many older guys.. except Bueno/Palanca

our better Castilla players are all around the clubs

Mata/Valencia
Granero/Getafe
soldado/Getafe
Negredo/Almeria
Balboa/Benfica
Jurado/Mallorca
Arbeloa/Liverpool
Nieto/Almeria
Moreno/Almeria
Diego Lopez/Villarreal
Adrian (son of Michel and crappista ) /Getafe with his daddy

then you have
Parejo/Javi Garcia /De La Red/Codina
all with Real first team
that's about it from the golden generation and recent departures

I wouldn't say all of those players are from one generation.

diego lopez and codina are 27 ffs. they're part of casillas' generation (now that WAS an impressive generation of keepers). arbeloa is 26.

and then mata, parejo and adrian are 21, 20 and 20.

negredo is as much of a real canterano as guiza is a barca canterano. yeah he played for the second side once but he was raised elsewhere.

so

Granero/Getafe
Soldado/Getafe
Balboa/Benfica
Jurado/Mallorca
Nieto/Almeria
Moreno/Almeria
Javi Garcia/Real
De La Red/Real

are one generation (born '85-'86) and apart from de la red, jurado and soldado none of them exude genuine class. well, soldado DID, and probably would have done given the chance. the rest? not so sure. granero would maybe be a handy squad player but that's it, tbh he's found his level at getafe who are a mid-table team despite this season's struggles.

de la red is obviously top-class and jurado probably could have been very good given the chance. otherwise I would say it's much of a muchness.

what you CAN say is that real have routinely not given their canteranos enough of a chance which has stifled the career of many a potential top-player. the situation is amusingly similar to man utd who have had some promising youngsters since the fledglings but haven't given most the chance and they have spread around the leagues much like castilla's diaspora.

that's why barca are so awesome, the lads are given a chance. I mean it helps that they are largely of a very high quality (especially our '87 group - messi, pique and cesc!) but we give them the chance to perform and so more go on to prove their class.

Beast

The Observer
No beef.. the fans and even the old players want our own Cantera.. u just have to read what Iker said several times over the last 3 month

Beast

The Observer
I wouldn't say all of those players are from one generation.

diego lopez and codina are 27 ffs. they're part of casillas' generation (now that WAS an impressive generation of keepers). arbeloa is 26.

and then mata, parejo and adrian are 21, 20 and 20.

negredo is as much of a real canterano as guiza is a barca canterano. yeah he played for the second side once but he was raised elsewhere.

so

Granero/Getafe
Soldado/Getafe
Balboa/Benfica
Jurado/Mallorca
Nieto/Almeria
Moreno/Almeria
Javi Garcia/Real
De La Red/Real

are one generation (born '85-'86) and apart from de la red, jurado and soldado none of them exude genuine class. well, soldado DID, and probably would have done given the chance. the rest? not so sure. granero would maybe be a handy squad player but that's it, tbh he's found his level at getafe who are a mid-table team despite this season's struggles.

de la red is obviously top-class and jurado probably could have been very good given the chance. otherwise I would say it's much of a muchness.

what you CAN say is that real have routinely not given their canteranos enough of a chance which has stifled the career of many a potential top-player. the situation is amusingly similar to man utd who have had some promising youngsters since the fledglings but haven't given most the chance and they have spread around the leagues much like castilla's diaspora.

that's why barca are so awesome, the lads are given a chance. I mean it helps that they are largely of a very high quality (especially our '87 group - messi, pique and cesc!) but we give them the chance to perform and so more go on to prove their class.

you are allowed 3 players over 23 that's why Diego was kept in the dark till Cesar left then second man to Iker (it's really bad luck for him to come out with someone like Iker around since the age of 18 in the first team :wub: )

Arbeloa was from the Mejia generation .. u have to remember not all Castilla are off the same age.. some are 20's some are 18's and some are 22's.. Mata played with the same squad as Soldado-De La Red-Javi Garica and he was younger.. i remember Diego Lopez playing some games with them as well
Granero in my opinion is very good .. a level below De La Red but nevertheless he is still young and very versatile .. both carried Castilla , both carried Getafe and now Granero is doing it on his own in Getafe..
that generation had crap defense but awesome midfield and attack line .. Negredo is nothing like Guiza.. Negredo spend 2 years in Castilla coming from another friendly feeder club (Rayo ) .. Guiza was on loan for less then 6 month in Barca.. he is not a Barca product and u can imagine Negredo was actually a sub for Soldado...

B

beautifulgame

Well, depending on further developments with De La Red, Madrid can form a very strong and creative midfield with Parejo, De La Red, and Lass. Madrid should also go on with getting Negredo back. Have you heard anything about him from the new admin Gio?

Those four plus Granero/Jurado can play as squad playesr and then there is Torres (who I think deserves more time).
All and all that's not bad.

Add a couple strong attacking players and defensive players.

In other news it looks like its prime time to bid for Kaka or Pato.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
you are allowed 3 players over 23 that's why Diego was kept in the dark till Cesar left then second man to Iker (it's really bad luck for him to come out with someone like Iker around since the age of 18 in the first team :wub: )

yeah definitely feel bad for diego lopez. I mean that's gotta be the most depressing shit ever when you're a keeper and your team-mate is quite clearly some kind of superhuman.

Arbeloa was from the Mejia generation .. u have to remember not all Castilla are off the same age.. some are 20's some are 18's and some are 22's..

Mata played with the same squad as Soldado-De La Red-Javi Garica and he was younger.. i remember Diego Lopez playing some games with them as well

mejia! man, whatever happened to him?

and yeah I know not all castilla are same age but I'm talking about real madrid youth products and whether they count as part of the same "generation". given castilla is a b-team (as is barca atletic) players who aren't necessarily canteranos play there so I don't go by when they played for castilla but their birth dates (thus what youth teams they were a part of). which is why I narrowed it down to that few because the others were different eras.

Granero in my opinion is very good .. a level below De La Red but nevertheless he is still young and very versatile .. both carried Castilla , both carried Getafe and now Granero is doing it on his own in Getafe..
that generation had crap defense but awesome midfield and attack line ..

like I said, I think granero has found his level at getafe. he's a good player but I don't think he'd have become top-class like soldado, de la red and jurado could have been.

maybe I'm wrong, though, I dunno. he does look like a pirate.

Negredo is nothing like Guiza.. Negredo spend 2 years in Castilla coming from another friendly feeder club (Rayo ) .. Guiza was on loan for less then 6 month in Barca.. he is not a Barca product and u can imagine Negredo was actually a sub for Soldado...

I know he's not a barca product, but negredo's not a real product either. he'd played first-team football before he went to castilla (at the age of 19/20).

beef-supreme

No beef.. the fans and even the old players want our own Cantera.. u just have to read what Iker said several times over the last 3 month

But in all reality, and with the lineup of transfer targets the way it is, it's just not gonna happen that way is it? And I don't mean one or two canteranos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans