Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef-supreme

like I said, I think granero has found his level at getafe. he's a good player but I don't think he'd have become top-class like soldado, de la red and jurado could have been.

maybe I'm wrong, though, I dunno. he does look like a pirate.

I always think he looks like someone out of the Bible. New Testament, preferably.

Nándor

I wouldn't say all of those players are from one generation.
what you CAN say is that real have routinely not given their canteranos enough of a chance which has stifled the career of many a potential top-player. the situation is amusingly similar to man utd who have had some promising youngsters since the fledglings but haven't given most the chance and they have spread around the leagues much like castilla's diaspora.

that's why barca are so awesome, the lads are given a chance. I mean it helps that they are largely of a very high quality (especially our '87 group - messi, pique and cesc!) but we give them the chance to perform and so more go on to prove their class.

IMO it's not that they are not given enough chances at madrid or any other club so much as it is that no other top club in the world seems to prepare its youth as specifically and perfect for their first team as barca!!!
your youth system is based on one thing. teach the kids who football is played and understood in barcas first team, so that once they are ready, they fit in PERFECTLY into the first team. you teach them the 4-3-3 you guys stick to and you teach them your trade mark fast and highly technical short pass game from the very start of their career. you don't educate them to be footballers, you educate them to be first team players for barca!!! that kind of system is unique and that's exactly what makes you guys playing so awesome right now

with a system and a preparation like that, you can easily give your youth players a chance and see how it works out. but let's face it, there is no such thing at madrid, therefore, it's not so much that these kids didn't get their faire chance (some didn't)...it's more about them not being properly prepared to fit into and play for the first team of real madrid

Nándor

AS reports that british media claims l'pool has accepted a 23m € bid from real madrid for xabi alonso today!!! while pérez struck an agreement with xabi weeks ago, today it would be l'pool they have reached an agreement with.

maz

I walk the line
Will be sad to see xabi leave the epl if thats true. I remember when you were linked with him a few seasons back when capello came and you got diarra. I actually made a long post about how i was really worried about what madrid would do in la liga. It turned out that you won but not in the way i thought you would, but now you've finally got your man xabi and its definitely showing pérez is getting off on the right foot. One good signing down..

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I don't understand why you say Negredo is an ordinary good striker Metaphysical. In the two seasons he has been loaned out he has scored 13 and 19 goals. He went from strength to strength in his two seasons in the La Liga. Anyone could have suggested the same thing about Eto'o going by your judgment, that he found his feet at Mallorca, a mid-table team with a good midfield that could support him. When Eto'o moved onto a team full of creative midfielders (Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi, Xavi) he scored 24 goals in his first season. Eto'o had 14 and 17 in his seasons with Mallorca, btw.

Negredo is tall, strong, comfortable with the ball at his feet (only Higuain from our team is better at dribbling it), can use both his feet to score, has composure (chipped goal keepers before), very good header, and his positioning is quite good. He is very good in the box. Most importantly he exudes confidence, doesn't seem like the player to crack under pressure. Plus he can flip forward on both hands, which is so cool, the only cooler person is Sergio Ramos.

Warik

It's from the Daily Mail Nandor, known in Britain as the Daily Fail when it comes to Sports News.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt for now...

Nándor

warik, yeah...AS refers to daily mail, but on the same note, they claim it's on several other british papers as well.

but yes, for now...it needs a pinch of salt

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
I would not believe anything now until we see it. The most important thing is, from day 1, the management and coaching teams are settled two weeks before originally scheduled to be.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I don't understand why you say Negredo is an ordinary good striker Metaphysical. In the two seasons he has been loaned out he has scored 13 and 19 goals. He went from strength to strength in his two seasons in the La Liga. Anyone could have suggested the same thing about Eto'o going by your judgment, that he found his feet at Mallorca, a mid-table team with a good midfield that could support him. When Eto'o moved onto a team full of creative midfielders (Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi, Xavi) he scored 24 goals in his first season. Eto'o had 14 and 17 in his seasons with Mallorca, btw.

Negredo is tall, strong, comfortable with the ball at his feet (only Higuain from our team is better at dribbling it), can use both his feet to score, has composure (chipped goal keepers before), very good header, and his positioning is quite good. He is very good in the box. Most importantly he exudes confidence, doesn't seem like the player to crack under pressure. Plus he can flip forward on both hands, which is so cool, the only cooler person is Sergio Ramos.

I'm not saying negredo is ordinary, I'm saying he's not a madrid product.

negredo is great. no doubts.

he's not as cool as pep, though.

but that's ok, coz no one is.

Beast

The Observer
Well, depending on further developments with De La Red, Madrid can form a very strong and creative midfield with Parejo, De La Red, and Lass. Madrid should also go on with getting Negredo back. Have you heard anything about him from the new admin Gio?

Those four plus Granero/Jurado can play as squad playesr and then there is Torres (who I think deserves more time).
All and all that's not bad.

Add a couple strong attacking players and defensive players.

In other news it looks like its prime time to bid for Kaka or Pato.

damn i wrote long posts to everyone before my bloody wireless was disconnected and i had to re-write all again so in short

Real refused Liverpool request to include Negredo in Xabi deal so i believe he should be staying
i don't believe Jurado will ever come back or be under our rader.. we sold him to Atletico Madrid.. and that means whoever sold him didn't think he will ever be needed back
I always think he looks like someone out of the Bible. New Testament, preferably.
he is called the Pirate in Spain :p
But in all reality, and with the lineup of transfer targets the way it is, it's just not gonna happen that way is it? And I don't mean one or two canteranos.
well Beef you had the longest post before so in short

1- one the problems of that generation(very good in the AM /Wingers/FW ) that the time they came out we had Zidane-Figo-Becks..etc
2- take Soldado as an example when he was Bojan age Real had Owen-Raul-Ronaldo...
then Owen left and along came Robinho-Babtista followed by Cassano.. he found himself by default and logic 6th choice
3- had Real produced a decent defender like Barca he would have been a starter as easy as it can be.. most the youth players who played as defenders had more games then any of the talented forward & midfielders (Mejia,Pavon..etc )
4- the first time we needed a cantenro and had one who fit like a glove was De La Red.. he was immense earlier this season till he fell with his heart disease and the rest was history :sad:.. funny enough Schuster team fell to pieces the moment de la red was out

IMO it's not that they are not given enough chances at madrid or any other club so much as it is that no other top club in the world seems to prepare its youth as specifically and perfect for their first team as barca!!!
your youth system is based on one thing. teach the kids who football is played and understood in barcas first team, so that once they are ready, they fit in PERFECTLY into the first team. you teach them the 4-3-3 you guys stick to and you teach them your trade mark fast and highly technical short pass game from the very start of their career. you don't educate them to be footballers, you educate them to be first team players for barca!!! that kind of system is unique and that's exactly what makes you guys playing so awesome right now

with a system and a preparation like that, you can easily give your youth players a chance and see how it works out. but let's face it, there is no such thing at madrid, therefore, it's not so much that these kids didn't get their faire chance (some didn't)...it's more about them not being properly prepared to fit into and play for the first team of real madrid

good points and correct analysis Barca youth transition is piss easy.. in Real it's very different due to constant changes and short term vision

AS reports that british media claims l'pool has accepted a 23m € bid from real madrid for xabi alonso today!!! while pérez struck an agreement with xabi weeks ago, today it would be l'pool they have reached an agreement with.

lets see what happens.. it's the third time we go for Xabi.. first time 6 years ago and perez wanted Vieira .. at the end arsenal asked for a lot and he refused while Xabi moved to pool.. second time last summer and Real refused to swap De La Red for Xabi thinking they are the exact same players only De La Red was younger :sad:

Will be sad to see xabi leave the epl if thats true. I remember when you were linked with him a few seasons back when capello came and you got diarra. I actually made a long post about how i was really worried about what madrid would do in la liga. It turned out that you won but not in the way i thought you would, but now you've finally got your man xabi and its definitely showing pérez is getting off on the right foot. One good signing down..

Xabi is needed especially without De La Red .. he adds skill and finesse plus experience to the holding midfield position

very good post i agree with u Raed

now to Real news

pellegerini contract is for 2 years as announced officially

now to more official announcements
Valdano is the new General director of Real madrid and assistant to the president
Paredz is the new sporting director
Zidane is the new Special advisor to the president

Beast

The Observer
I would not believe anything now until we see it. The most important thing is, from day 1, the management and coaching teams are settled two weeks before originally scheduled to be.

It's very important i feared the elections would stall till end of June then with the announcement and negotiation half of the pre-season will be over
but i believe they were working in the background since March this year.. however as per usual expect one last signing in the last day .. it's Perez hard habit to break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans