Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEKNYK

QUick question.... have any Madrid born players ever played for Barca or espanyol, and have any Catalunya born players ever played for Real Madrid or atletico?

Last edited:

Evil

Shabazz
Real Madrids squad for next season:

--------Cassilas
---Ramos--Pepe--Boumsomg--Evra
-------Diarra---Toulalan----
---------Gourcuff-------------
---Higuain---Benzema----Ribery

Hala Zidane !

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I'm sure Espanyol will have had madrid-born players, but racking my mind I can't think of any for us. Lucho was from Asturias in the north and the rest of our Spanish players have been from the periphery i.e. Basques, Mallorcans, Migueli who is from Melilla (or Ceuta, I never remember which).

beef-supreme

he is called the Pirate in Spain :p

well Beef you had the longest post before so in short

1- one the problems of that generation(very good in the AM /Wingers/FW ) that the time they came out we had Zidane-Figo-Becks..etc
2- take Soldado as an example when he was Bojan age Real had Owen-Raul-Ronaldo...
then Owen left and along came Robinho-Babtista followed by Cassano.. he found himself by default and logic 6th choice
3- had Real produced a decent defender like Barca he would have been a starter as easy as it can be.. most the youth players who played as defenders had more games then any of the talented forward & midfielders (Mejia,Pavon..etc )
4- the first time we needed a cantenro and had one who fit like a glove was De La Red.. he was immense earlier this season till he fell with his heart disease and the rest was history :sad:.. funny enough Schuster team fell to pieces the moment de la red was out

Hahah right makes sense :p

Yes I agree with you there, without a doubt Real have had hugely bad luck with their cantera. I mean De la Red was the first one in years who was virtually fully integrated into the first team, and look what happened there... And it's really unfair.

I understand the reasons why the youth have been kept out, but what I was wondering is that with these new signings, wouldn't the same things happen again? With perhaps another player enjoying the same (well, health giving, probably more) success as De la Red, but the rest being squeezed out by the bigger names. One thing that Real must not do is buy useless squad players like Saviola, because they should be able to rely on youth players to fill those roles.

Beast

The Observer
QUick question.... have any Madrid born players ever played for Barca or espanyol, and have any Catalunya born players ever played for Real Madrid or atletico?
where the hell are you tyrel ? i hope your ok man .. we miss you

YES it happened .. last not list was Albert Celades .. he was a Barca youth played for Barca from 95 to 99 and joined Real from 2000 till 2003
also Codina a catalan player and third keeper he came from Espanyol.. also Espanyol have one of the two brothers Callejon playing in their squad this season an ex-Castilla player

--------Cassilas
---Higuain---Benzema----Ribery

Hala Zidane !
Hala Zidane.. brilliant team par Boumsong :p
Hahah right makes sense :p

Yes I agree with you there, without a doubt Real have had hugely bad luck with their cantera. I mean De la Red was the first one in years who was virtually fully integrated into the first team, and look what happened there... And it's really unfair.

I understand the reasons why the youth have been kept out, but what I was wondering is that with these new signings, wouldn't the same things happen again? With perhaps another player enjoying the same (well, health giving, probably more) success as De la Red, but the rest being squeezed out by the bigger names. One thing that Real must not do is buy useless squad players like Saviola, because they should be able to rely on youth players to fill those roles.

agree it's funny how they got Saviola .. and never played him.. i blame Schuster for Granero & Soldado departure.. the later could have played a lot this season
patience is a virtue not everyone can afford ...
this time the fans & the old players want our own youth.. if things go as planned Iker will be the next captain and Captains in Real has much influence on the decision making.. i'm sure if Villa is signed it will be the end of Raul (and IMHO he is the one blocking all other strikers and possibly anyone from Castilla.. he fear for his statues with the fans.. simply if you have another home grown outfield player who can carry the spanish flag.. what's left for Raul ? nothing .. their is no reason to keep playing him AT ALL )

Last edited:

beef-supreme

agree it's funny how they got Saviola .. and never played him.. i blame Schuster for Granero & Soldado departure.. the later could have played a lot this season
patience is a virtue not everyone can afford ...
this time the fans & the old players want our own youth.. if things go as planned Iker will be the next captain and Captains in Real has much influence on the decision making.. i'm sure if Villa is signed it will be the end of Raul (and IMHO he is the one blocking all other strikers and possibly anyone from Castilla.. he fear for his statues with the fans.. simply if you have another home grown outfield player who can carry the spanish flag.. what's left for Raul ? nothing .. their is no reason to keep playing him AT ALL )

It was a retarded decision. Faubert was equally bad but at least the logic behind it was sound, and it was a necessity.
Hmm yes that's valid, I am sure that Iker would be the best representative and captain for Real. The problem with Raúl is a tough one, and his situation is somewhat comparable to Oleguer. That at times he is at the club for purely beyond sporting reasons. Not to say that they are rubbish football players, but everyone knows that Raúl is past it, and yet somehow he still manages to score. But without a doubt he has been holding the team back quite a bit.

Heath Newton

--------Cassilas
---Higuain---Benzema-- Ribery

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

pat's not :wacko: :wacko: you know.

plus,in unrelated to the post above news,but related to prospective perez signings...

SSN is reporting kaka says he's not leaving Milan,again.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Boumsong and Pepe at centre back? They may as well play Laurel and Hardy (only this time Stan Laurel has a slightly psychotic streak).

Beast

The Observer
Valdano has delivered his first important interview here is bits and pieces

Jorge Valdano has spoken for the first time since returning to the Santiago Bernabeu offices earlier on Monday.

The newly installed Real Madrid general director detailed what has been a very hectic 24 hours in the white half of the Spanish capital, and he looked forward to the club’s bid to dethrone the current sweethearts of the football world, Barcelona.

The first question that he had to answer, though, was why he personally selected Manuel Pellegrini to become the new head coach.

“The first reason is that he has a track record that is close to flawless. His work in Spain has been more than exciting. He has grown together with Villarreal and he has been able to adapt himself,” he said in a two-part interview with Marca.

Adapting is something Valdano will have to do himself as he and president Florentino Perez take a second crack at running the club in a vastly different football environment compared to when he first took office as the sporting director nine years ago.

When asked what had changed, he replied, “Florentino and I made a lot of errors, it is necessary to admit that fact. At that time, we had a slogan that became a guide for us, which was ‘Zidanes y Pavones’.

“I believe we made the mistake of trying to mature the young lads without giving them time. The boys went from Segunda B straight to the first team without intermediate experience.

“In contrast, a good example now would be [Alvaro] Negredo, who can return to us with a lot of experience having played a good number of La Liga games.”

Valdano will have the tough job of moulding a team capable of challenging Barca, but he does not believe that Madrid need to emulate their arch rivals’ model of success.

He said, “Yes, the demand is even greater on us now, but I like how the Madridismo has responded to the successes of Barcelona.

“We have applauded their good football and their achievements. Now, it is necessary to try and take the titles away from them. We have already done it in the past and we must find our own way of doing it again.

“I disagree with those who say that Madrid must look for their own Iniesta or Guardiola. Madrid have never looked to Barcelona for solutions. Rather, history would suggest it’s the other way around. We cannot show our weakness.”

Finally, he was asked if he had already had a word with his captain and former protege, Raul.

“I have already spoken with the captain of the football and basketball teams. I believe very much in formality. It is not possible to come to this club and think you’re above the players,” he said.

“Every Sunday, these are the players who defend the prestige of the club.”

Real Madrid’s new director-general, Jorge Valdano, has rubbished the notion that Raul is no longer worthy of the famous white shirt.

‘El Siete's’ agent, Gines Carvajal, had declared last week that the iconic captain was prepared to leave los Blancos if the club’s new administration did not believe that the forward would fit into their new project.

“Raul will never be a problem. He has become [Alfredo] Di Stefano’s replacement,” Valdano said in an interview with El Larguero.

“I have a lot of affection for him and I see him often and I have been following his career with much attention.

“In the 15 years he’s been here, he has only contributed with solutions. He is an intelligent man, he’s enthusiastic and he’s a Madridista.”

Valdano then spoke about the two other candidates who eventually lost out to Manuel Pellegrini for the Madrid coaching job, Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho.

“If Wenger had called us on Saturday, it would’ve been too late because we had already made our decision,” he revealed.

“Wenger is someone who takes more of a gamble [compared to Pellegrini] but he gives back a lot of things in return. In addition, he’s in a very comfortable situation at his club and he seems almost like the owner of the team.

“Coming to Madrid would mean that he would have a very different relationship.

“As for Mourinho, I’ve shared a coffee with him. He has been criticised a lot but he’s an exceptional communicator. He’s a smart person and if he were to come to Madrid, he would know how to act and how to adapt his style to the Bernabeu demands,” he concluded.

Jorge Valdano is unaware of any deal between Real Madrid and Manchester United that would see Cristiano Ronaldo able to move to the Spanish giants this summer.

The Argentinean was confirmed as the club's new director general on Monday and was immediately asked about the possibility of signing the Portuguese star.

Although president Florentino Perez has hinted that he believes there is an agreement in place for Ronaldo, not everyone is convinced that such a deal has been made.

Former Madrid supremo, Ramon Calderon, boasted that he set up the move before being forced to resign in January and that whoever took over this summer would be able to call upon the Manchester United ace’s services.

But there has been no confirmation from Perez's camp and now Valdano has sought to calm the waters at the Bernabeu by stating that he knows nothing about any pre-signed agreement.

"I still don't know," he told Cadena Ser. "I still haven't seen it.

"I don't know if Florentino, who arrived at the Bernabeu this afternoon, had any physical contact with any contract that is said to exist."

Jorge Valdano has heaped praise on new Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini and revealed that the club will only sign those players whom the new man at the helm wants to bring in.

With the media going into overdrive about the star names that president Florentino Perez wants to add to the squad after his infamous Galactico period, there is to be a different approach this time.

Having appointed a coach for his ability ahead of his notoriety, Valdano explained that the approach on the transfer front would also be different, with Pellegrini having the last word on who joins.

"We will only sign players the coach likes. It would not be common sense to do otherwise," he told Cadena Ser.

"We are working on building a new team. New players will arrive and others will have to leave."

While several major names were linked with the Madrid job, Valdano believes that the club have made the perfect choice in appointing the man who helped to transform Villarreal.

“We began discussing the coaching job a month ago. Pellegrini fulfils important requisites. He knows Spanish football, he has been successful in Spain and was successful in Argentina," he continued.

"His signing makes good sense. What the press have to say may be a different story.

“Pellegrini is very good at dealing with changes. We will be able to talk for hours about sporting matters.

"We did it in the past and we’ll do it again. Pellegrini is polite and has firm opinions. His teams have a well-defined style. He is true to his ideals.”

Florentino Perez has made his first media appearance since being officially anointed as the new Real Madrid president on Monday afternoon.

Having promised to lead Los Blancos back to glory in his inauguration speech, the supremo has now given an in-depth look at how he will reshape the squad for the coming season, starting with the newly-appointed coach, Manuel Pellegrini.

“Pellegrini has been the chosen one essentially because he was proposed to us by Jorge Valdano and because we think that he is the right man,” he told the Radio Television Espanola programme, '59 Seconds'.

“He has a proven record and that sits very well with us because that’s the Real Madrid culture. He is someone who has already convinced me. He likes to play great football and he knows how to handle the big players. He is the right man for Madrid.”

With the issue of the coaching hot-seat settled, Florentino will undoubtedly now move on to the matter every fan is wetting their lips for: player transfers. But the chief was quick to quash rumours that the club have already all but captured a certain Milan ace.

“It is not true that we have already signed Kaka. I do not want to raise false hope, but he can be one of our targets,” he articulated clearly.

“The transfer fee that you see in the media… it’s a lot of money, and it’s not realistic. We have to adjust accordingly to our budget.

“It is true that I have a good relationship with [Milan vice-president] Adriano Galliani, but they are a team who also have their own projects and everything has a price.

“Yes, I said that I am going to work hard, but not everyone will be able to come [to Madrid].

“As for Cristiano Ronaldo, I do not know anything about that subject. However, I have not seen anything that would discount him from playing for Real Madrid. I saw him getting angry for wanting to compete and win. The reports that I have of him suggest that he is an example on the field.

“I have only taken control today, but what is certain is that even without knowing who will come, I will make an effort to bring in the biggest players in the world because that is the model that Real Madrid need.”

Finally, Perez showed his deep admiration for one player in particular: Liverpool’s Xabi Alonso.

“As a fan, I would say that Xabi is a great player. I think he is the best passer of the ball in Europe,” he praised.

“I would be happy [to have him], but I cannot talk about the player without having spoken first to Rafa Benitez, as he is the one who needs to know that we are interested in his player.”

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
“As a fan, I would say that Xabi is a great player. I think he is the best passer of the ball in Europe,” he praised.

I'm sure he meant Xavi.

edit: nothign fancy for the rest. curious what the summer really will bring

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
“I disagree with those who say that Madrid must look for their own Iniesta or Guardiola. Madrid have never looked to Barcelona for solutions. Rather, history would suggest it’s the other way around. We cannot show our weakness.”

I can't agree with that, when have we ever followed madrid's lead? The philosophies at the two clubs have always been vastly different and long may it remain thus.

Beast

The Observer
Perez was giving an Interview with AS, believe or not .. Drenthe is the player with most offers in the squad followed by Diarra then Ruud

According to Perez.. Van Gaal (B Munich ) is seeking some of the Dutch players ( i think it will be VDV )
Perez commented on Kaka deal that is complicated and they haven't closed the deal yet especially that Chelsea has been bidding to every player Madrid look for , commenting it could be due to what happened last season with Robinho

regarding the deal of CR.. it's 90 Million and could reach 100 with the commission and a penalty of 30 Million Euro if one of the parties back out !!! (fucking kidding me.. Calderon screwed him big time )
Perez said there are few players in the world worth more then 30 Mil although it's fashionable now to talk about 40-50-60 Mil Euro players
Perez said that Pellegerini is a manager who meet all the required criteria for Real and repeated that Mourinho was not in the picture for the post
Perez said that Forlan buyout clause is the upper ceiling for a great forward and didn't discard taking Forlan to Real

Perez spoke about Zidane "that people in the streets thank me for buying Zidane , they never thank me for the new training ground or improvement of the Stadium, Zidane will learn in time he is working for free i have never met someone so unselfish like him "

Perez mentioned that all things related to the team will be between Valdano-Paredez and Pellegerini and he hoped to concluded all deals before the end of June

Beast

The Observer
It's normal now.. ever since the Galatico era every club expect us to pay more.. same way for Man City now & Chelsea before...
it's part of the deal.. if another club is purchasing the same player he would pay 1/2 at least

i mean check the front page of soccernet ATM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/?cc=3888

we are front page news and that's when we won jack shit
.. what do u expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans