Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I really, really love all this. Madrid going hell for leather to try and buy back some respectability (like that is ever going to happen). A quick question though: When does the 6+5 rule come into play?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's going to be hard for you guys to 'collect' a new Galactico in one season. The turbulence with the previous president (s) and the countless coaches can make some players hesitate to join you. OK, now Perez is the president, Pellegrini seems to be a reliable coach and you hired Zidane. But it will take some time before you guys untangle the mess you got yourself in to. Just look at your team, half of the players need to go - and right now some think of you like Man C?! I'm not saying you have to win CL or Liga next season to get your respect back or anything, but you need more tranquility and continuity. They should send your players, coaches and managers to a Zen Buddhist camp or something over the summer.

Players you should keep:
Higuain
Huntelaar
Robben
Sneijder
De la Red
Lass
Diarra
Metzelder
Ramos
Pep
Gago
Casillas

It's not a bad team, but you need a worldclass winger, creative CM and a LB (cause' Heinze is crap imo). I would like for Ribery to join us, otherwise he would be great for you - much better than CR (also for the overall mentality of the team).
The CM is a hard one cause' there's a shortage right now. I can't come up with anybody else than Kaka, and I don't know if it will be possible for you to get him.

Beast

The Observer
at least 3 more years Sunny..

Zen good post mate.. they said they will spend this summer what they usually spend in 3 years..
i think it's more what the team needs then anything.. i would have said a priority is an AM except i just read yesterday that Pellegerini doesn't believe in AM's and don't know what the use for them

if it's down to Villarreal post Riquelme formation we are looking for 4-4-2.. the difference is the approach for attack will be less direct /route 1 then Ramos

Warik

So that might mean no Kaka...which would go along with his constant protestations that he is not interested in leaving Milan...

------------------ Casillas -----------------------

Ramos ----- Garay ------ Albiol ------ Left Back

---------- Xabi Alonso ---- Lass Diarra ----------

Ronaldo ----------------------------------- Ribery

----------- Villa ---------- Higuain ---------------

Beast

The Observer
I still think it would be the case of Xabi as well... if what Pellegerini want to use is 4-4-2 then no place for Kaka in comparison to natural wingers

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
at least 3 more years Sunny..

Zen good post mate.. they said they will spend this summer what they usually spend in 3 years..
i think it's more what the team needs then anything.. i would have said a priority is an AM except i just read yesterday that Pellegerini doesn't believe in AM's and don't know what the use for them

if it's down to Villarreal post Riquelme formation we are looking for 4-4-2.. the difference is the approach for attack will be less direct /route 1 then Ramos

Hmm, interesting. My football philosophy may be different than Pellegrinis, but I'm happy for you that you've signed him as coach. He seems to have BOTH his feet on the ground.
Anyway, imo the midfield is like the heart of a team. I've been watching Villareal and understand Pellegrinis approach and I think it works. But I'm convinced that a good team should consist of a midfield attacking 'general' and players that could feed him. From the middle you can dictate the game better, like a conductor. Players like Kaka for Milan, Zidane was for you, Cesc for Arsenal or Xavi/Iniesta for us and so on.

But OK, just as you say. Xabi would be the better choice in a 4-4-2. Than Sneijder would complement him good imo.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Hmm, interesting. My football philosophy may be different than Pellegrinis, but I'm happy for you that you've signed him as coach. He seems to have BOTH his feet on the ground.
Anyway, imo the midfield is like the heart of a team. I've been watching Villareal and understand Pellegrinis approach and I think it works. But I'm convinced that a good team should consist of a midfield attacking 'general' and players that could feed him. From the middle you can dictate the game better, like a conductor. Players like Kaka for Milan, Zidane was for you, Cesc for Arsenal or Xavi/Iniesta for us and so on.

I totally agree with you .. i also believe that a playmaker in the middle solve plenty of problems especially when you come against a team with great full backs

That's why i think if Manuel will use the same formation he will need someone like Xabi (or De La Red if he recovers ) , Pirlo..etc players who can create from the holding position the same way he used Senna with Villarreal..

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I totally agree with you .. i also believe that a playmaker in the middle solve plenty of problems especially when you come against a team with great full backs

That's why i think if Manuel will use the same formation he will need someone like Xabi (or De La Red if he recovers ) , Pirlo..etc players who can create from the holding position the same way he used Senna with Villarreal..

Xabi is a great player, I wanted him to join us for a couple of seasons now. He is so calm on the pitch, doesn't loose his head you know. Great passing and very intelligent. Of course it would be difficult for him to knock Xavi/Iniesta of their place, and he would not accept a backup role at Barca.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the question is

who is gonna get taken from villarreal?

there's always at least one player gets taken from the coach's former club, and given that in spain there are buyout clauses that can circumnavigate a club's desire not to sell, well, yeah. there's bound to be at least one.

I'm gonna go for cazorla, capdevilla and maybe gonzalo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans