Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Managers ultimately win titles and trophies with the system and tactics that the manager implements.

Tell me oh wonderous one, if what you say is true, why then do Brazil and Argentina not have duopoly of the world cup (seeing as they have the best players) why did it take Barcelona 37 years to win the european cup? Why don't they win the european cup every season, seeing as they have the best team in the world?

Managers and tactics are ultimately what is responsible for the winners and losers every season.

poncirus

It's a strange and pretty recent phenomenon, really. It wasn't like that before. Today every schoolboy or couch potato has urge to argue which wizard is better and has better book with secret spells...

They're usually very mouthy and aggresive in that, while their arguments consist of overelaborate phrases magnifying some routine (often obvious and certainly not decisive) aspect of the game while, because of cluelesness, overlooking dozens of others.

And they feel smart. That's modern football fan for you, and that's where all this bizzarely stupid fiction comes from.

Anyway, anyone who played the game knows it's about talent, work, proper training and desire to win in first place. Tactical moves also matter, but it's really not rocket science like some people present it while they rgenerally do not know what they're talking about.

DucdeOrléans

Managers ultimately win titles and trophies with the system and tactics that the manager implements.

Tell me oh wonderous one, if what you say is true, why then do Brazil and Argentina not have duopoly of the world cup (seeing as they have the best players) why did it take Barcelona 37 years to win the european cup? Why don't they win the european cup every season, seeing as they have the best team in the world?

Managers and tactics are ultimately what is responsible for the winners and losers every season.

No doubt, but luck, form on the day, referee decisions etc. are just as important as pure skill and tactics. So one can't really dismiss any of those factors at such a high level (professional football)

poncirus

Of course. But in majority of cases they don't win games with unexpected, genius chess moves made for particular game, like some of you imagine.

They do it by coaching players at their disposal to play like a coherent unit, excercising moves and routines they train day after day on the field, with desire to win.

Beast

The Observer
It's a strange and pretty recent phenomenon, really. It wasn't like that before. Today every schoolboy or couch potato has urge to argue which wizard is better and has better book with secret spells...

They're usually very mouthy and aggresive in that, while their arguments consist of overelaborate phrases magnifying some routine (often obvious and certainly not decisive) aspect of the game while, because of cluelesness, overlooking dozens of others.

And they feel smart. That's modern football fan for you, and that's where all this bizzarely stupid fiction comes from.

Anyway, anyone who played the game knows it's about talent, work, proper training and desire to win in first place. Tactical moves also matter, but it's really not rocket science like some people present it while they rgenerally do not know what they're talking about.

Clearly your football stopped at playing 5 a Side @school... football in pro-league are different . it's a science and it involve studying to get a licence
but what am i arguing for.. sure school football with friends is vastly superior than pro-league..

Jesus christ .. neuvo -fans

barca7788

Nepali Cule
tbf i have also thought these tactical geniousness is all crap talk.60% depends on players,20 on form,15 luck,5 tactics.BARCA pretty much uses same formation 4-3-3 everytime(now dont use that 1-0-9,2-1-2-1-4 or whatever thing) and even then we can all talk abou the fcuking luck or refreeing in all those CL losses and wins.
capello and mourinho sucks big time.5-0:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:lol

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
tbf i have also thought these tactical geniousness is all crap talk.60% depends on players,20 on form,15 luck,5 tactics.BARCA pretty much uses same formation 4-3-3 everytime(now dont use that 1-0-9,2-1-2-1-4 or whatever thing) and even then we can all talk abou the fcuking luck or refreeing in all those CL losses and wins.
capello and mourinho sucks big time.5-0:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:lol

That's bullshit.

W

woobie

I'm astounded that people think tactics are unimportant in football. Absolutely astounded.

dalitis8

Banned
I'm astounded that people think tactics are unimportant in football. Absolutely astounded.

It's not that tactics are unimportant. Sure they are important. But for me, they are dependant on the players you have at your disposal first and foremost. The genius of a coach is to manage and utilize the players at his disposal in the manner that will magnify their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. So, tactics are related to players, and secondly to form. But this is an even trickier act to follow, a manager that can actually adapt his tactics and formation on the form of his players.

In any case, I think that the man here, is trying to say that sometimes pundits in football tend to overstate the importance or decisiveness of tactics, when it is obvious that a team won thanks to its better players or just simply down to luck. I am sure that you acknowledge that that may be the case sometimes.

Sergio

Sergison
i know mate its easy to bash who says tactics arent that important.but for me its always going to be players,form,luck n then tactics.in that order.

If that were true, why are Argentina not World Champions? The reason is down to them having a cretin for a manager, while Spain who despite being much more drab by comparison, had a solid system, as well as good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans