Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gato

Villarato!
Only mentioned because Knicks said we have no players that are injured.

Pepe isn't an experienced DM, but plays just as well because of his athleticism. He's a decent passer too. Maybe we will have a 4-3-3 situation..

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
My thoughts on Real Madrid's academy and why I think it is underrated, especially in England.

http://bit.ly/ecrPWS

Anyone agree/disagree?

Have a feeling with the amount of facts in there there is bound to be something wrong :p

Very good and informative but you only scratch the surface of what is a very complicated scenario going on up in Real Madrid City. We do seem to produce a bundle of 'nearly-men' footballers, close to cutting the grade of a top footballer but not quite. I think the secret is of course the advanced scouting network that goes on within the club. We do bring in young Spaniards from across the country in vast numbers so naturally the output is high on the other end. It is sadly enough the same old story however, very rare does this system produce a player that can be considered anymore than a squad rotation player like Granero, and sometimes take up to 5 seasons for them to be recognised (such as the possible transfer of Borja Valero). Added to this, i do sometimes wonder how good a player must really be inorder for us to take them serious. For instance hype has risen around players such as Alberto Bueno, Moreno, and succumbed to nothing (infact these two Spain u-19/21s play lower level now).

Only mentioned because Knicks said we have no players that are injured.

Pepe isn't an experienced DM, but plays just as well because of his athleticism. He's a decent passer too. Maybe we will have a 4-3-3 situation..

Yeah I think so.

Beast

The Observer
I think a lot depend on the mentality of cutting it from left to right , Moreno was crazy about jumping to the next step as a liga player.. instead he went to down from Almeria to Almeria B to being loaned out from Almeria B ...
It's all up there in the head...
what pisses me off we always produce very good players in plenty of positions we don't use
i mean we do need a Hierro like defender but we keep producing very good strikers which we don't need or wingers/AM's that we don't need as well ..

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Javi Garcia was the closest to a decent central defender/midfielder and look at him now, doing well at Benfica. We messed with his career a little too much, especially in Garcias case. He was sold, bought back, spent year on bench and sold again. All down to changing of coach 3 times in amongst there i think.

Beast

The Observer
with the exception of De La Red it's true ...
Remember Balboa ? :lol: that boy was very good in Real.. now lost

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
I think the turnover of managers definitely doesn't help Madrid youngsters. Constant changing of ideas/how they rate the players, etc.

If there was more stability then Madrid could definitely have five or six players (even if they're only back ups) in their squad.

I guess also youth players' increasing inability to wait for chances doesn't help. Impatient.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Balboa was great fun, until he lost his dreads :( loaned at Albecete poor guy.

I think the turnover of managers definitely doesn't help Madrid youngsters. Constant changing of ideas/how they rate the players, etc.

If there was more stability then Madrid could definitely have five or six players (even if they're only back ups) in their squad.

I guess also youth players' increasing inability to wait for chances doesn't help. Impatient.

You only have to look as far as Juan Mata for a decent example of that. Rather than dedicate a year to trying to get into the first team he arranged a transfer to Valencia before he left Castilla. Did him good, maybe he would have triumphed with us regardless. We'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans