Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Yeah, and it the end Holland were without a title and without reputation. This "a better team" is just a lame excuse, yesterday it became glaring obvious that we are surly not. So I suggest you leave this "better team" drivel as we both know that this is not true.

But the problem ist that maybe in the future we will only have this one aspect: sit deep and defend, offensive teams like Barca will be ridiculed and belitteld, because their are "tactic" naive.

Barca is the better team that's a fact not a debate , Holland lost because Spain was tactically better .. Del bosque is a better manager even if Spain entire world cup was about 1-0 wins.. at the end the world celebrate the winner .. that's how it goes
No it's a tactical game u can win and u can lose... Pep outsmarted Jose in the first game 5-0 than the later learned his lesson and prepared .. 1-1 in the league and we drew the first blood yesterday now it's time to Pep to respond.. he is not naive nor he is tactically stupid.. but as some before laughed on the fact that the classico's will indeed be a chess game .. it's Pep's turn

Xavi_78

Barca is the better team that's a fact not a debate , Holland lost because Spain was tactically better .. Del bosque is a better manager even if Spain entire world cup was about 1-0 wins.. at the end the world celebrate the winner .. that's how it goes
No it's a tactical game u can win and u can lose... Pep outsmarted Jose in the first game 5-0 than the later learned his lesson and prepared .. 1-1 in the league and we drew the first blood yesterday now it's time to Pep to respond.. he is not naive nor he is tactically stupid.. but as some before laughed on the fact that the classico's will indeed be a chess game .. it's Pep's turn

Seems you are a gentlemen, gifting out compliments. I think after yesterday it is neither a fact nor a debate anymore that we are the better team,

ricknattery

If you don't understand the tactical part of football you better stick to friendlies Rick (and i know u do understand but just like many of the cule's here u are in disbelieve of the result ) ..
even Cruyff who was critical of Saturday game praised Real last night...
Football must be absorbed with all it's aspects not the part u like only and the result u like only

Of course coaches should use the tactics at their disposal no matter if fans from the other team like it or not. All I'm saying is football is changing and it's being more and more of a tactical war, with defense being the most important part of the game. I really don't know if that's what majority of fans(especially the neutral ones) like or not, but stating MY OPINION, I don't enjoy games where teams decide to speculate, but if that's what majority of fans like and coaches continue implementing these tactics, I'll have to find a new appreciation for the tactical aspect of the game, not just the technical, "poetical" part

Beast

The Observer
Of course coaches should use the tactics at their disposal no matter if fans from the other team like it or not. All I'm saying is football is changing and it's being more and more of a tactical war, with defense being the most important part of the game. I really don't know if that's what majority of fans(especially the neutral ones) like or not, but stating MY OPINION, I don't enjoy games where teams decide to speculate, but if that's what majority of fans like and coaches continue implementing these tactics, I'll have to find a new appreciation for the tactical aspect of the game, not just the technical, "poetical" part

Rick it's been like this for a long long time
from the top of my head Herrera Inter , Germany vs Holland WC 74 final , Italy vs Brazil , Argentina and Germany WC 82
Germany vs Holland WC 90 , Brazil entire WC 94 , France entire WC 98 especially the final, Greece Euro 2004 , Italy 2006.. Brazil's Dunga (all titles except the WC ) and lastly Spain was very very tactical in the WC
At the end it's just some games not all games.. Spain may have found a way to master both although it affected their scoring game (1-0's ffs was boring )

Xavi_78

from the top of my head Herrera Inter , Germany vs Holland WC 74 final , Italy vs Brazil , Argentina and Germany WC 82
Germany vs Holland WC 90 , Brazil entire WC 94 , France entire WC 98 especially the final, Greece Euro 2004 , Italy 2006.. Brazil's Dunga (all titles except the WC ) and lastly Spain was very very tactical in the WC
At the end it's just some games not all games.. Spain may have found a way to master both although it affected their scoring game (1-0's ffs was boring )

yeah, but that is the trend. The more defensive, the more successful, and so more and more teams will follow this path. It is not by chance, that many regard this WC as the most boring one due to the defensive attitude of 90% of all teams.

Beast

The Observer
Seems you are a gentlemen, gifting out compliments. I think after yesterday it is neither a fact nor a debate anymore that we are the better team,

It's not a compliment, we managed to win ? yes . does it mean we have a better team ? no ..
you have the best 3 players in the world for starters

yeah, but that is the trend. The more defensive, the more successful, and so more and more teams will follow this path. It is not by chance, that many regard this WC as the most boring one due to the defensive attitude of 90% of all teams.

If that was the trend you wouldn't win 2 CL in 4 years , nor Real win the CL ..etc

it' goes up & down depending on many aspects

Xavi_78

It's not a compliment, we managed to win ? yes . does it mean we have a better team ? no ..
you have the best 3 players in the world for starters

I wanted to say that it is a nice compliment that you say we are the better team, but I think after yesterday we can leave this claim in the shadow of history.

If that was the trend you wouldn't win 2 CL in 4 years , nor Real win the CL ..etc

it' goes up & down depending on many aspects

Yeah, but we did go out against a defensive team last year, and will highly go out this year too. So if even we with our talented squad can not impose a offenisve game anymore, what can the small teams aspire too?

Beast

The Observer
Yeah, but we did go out against a defensive team last year, and will highly go out this year too. So if even we with our talented squad can not impose a offenisve game anymore, what can the small teams aspire too?

Well every team that played u played defensively (See United in the CL when they won it , 0-0 & 0-1 , even Arsenal did it ) ...
look your problem is Jose not the defensive style , some newspaper (i think in Argentina ) called Mourinho "the Catalan nightmare " .. he know how to beat you .. end of story
and to give u a RM example.. just because in 20 years we managed a single win in the Riazor vs Deportivo doesn't make them a better team than us .. they are just our boogy team

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Beast please tell me you don't actually believe that ronaldo was betterthan Messi last night... please give me hope in madridistas

Xavi_78

Well every team that played u played defensively (See United in the CL when they won it , 0-0 & 0-1 , even Arsenal did it ) ...
look your problem is Jose not the defensive style , some newspaper (i think in Argentina ) called Mourinho "the Catalan nightmare " .. he know how to beat you .. end of story
and to give u a RM example.. just because in 20 years we managed a single win in the Riazor vs Deportivo doesn't make them a better team than us .. they are just our boogy team

I think you give Jose too much credit in this. It is not that every time when our path cross he beats us. At the end he is only on the sideline, and everything is decided on the pitch. We lost the momentum and now you are up. We have to regroup and improve our squad to strike back next year.

Beast

The Observer
Beast please tell me you don't actually believe that ronaldo was betterthan Messi last night... please give me hope in madridistas

I said my opinion on him and his game last night and over here ..
I believe CR had stage fright from Barcelona , even easy chances he usually score he just tumble and his reactions and response time decrease dramatically when he play u .. the PK goal didn't help but after the header i saw a new CR .. brimmed with confidence (that was not just me i was watching with two other friends and we shared the same opinion )
Messi was not good in the first half but that goes with the tactic Pep chose and RM tactic.. i mean 50 min to get your first attempt says at all ..however when he was moved in the second half he improved but for little time (to quote Xavi on your game" we only played well for 20 minutes" ) and that sums up your entire team ..
CR found the goal several times & failed but eventually he scored a beautiful header that won the game while Messi had attempts but couldn't score but for how long ?
... how many one on ones did Messi have ? how many did CR had ? in the second half Pedro was more effective than Messi for u upfront.. but Messi still dictated the tempo but in the midfield not the forward line that's why for many he may not get the nod over CR for last night game

I think you give Jose too much credit in this. It is not that every time when our path cross he beats us. At the end he is only on the sideline, and everything is decided on the pitch. We lost the momentum and now you are up. We have to regroup and improve our squad to strike back next year.
I'm a tacticianista ( managers make the difference not the players ) .. so yeah i give credit for the likes of Pep,Jose , Del bosque ahead of players..
put an average-good manager in charge and he will be exposed vs a great manager (see Frank vs Capello ) , see Pep vs Schuster , Ramos & Pellegrini .. just saying

Xavi_78

I said my opinion on him and his game last night and over here ..
I believe CR had stage fright from Barcelona , even easy chances he usually score he just tumble and his reactions and response time decrease dramatically when he play u .. the PK goal didn't help but after the header i saw a new CR .. brimmed with confidence (that was not just me i was watching with two other friends and we shared the same opinion )
Messi was not good in the first half but that goes with the tactic Pep chose and RM tactic.. i mean 50 min to get your first attempt says at all ..however when he was moved in the second half he improved but for little time (to quote Xavi on your game" we only played well for 20 minutes" ) and that sums up your entire team ..
CR found the goal several times & failed but eventually he scored a beautiful header that won the game while Messi had attempts but couldn't score but for how long ?
... how many one on ones did Messi have ? how many did CR had ? in the second half Pedro was more effective than Messi for u upfront.. but Messi still dictated the tempo but in the midfield not the forward line that's why for many he may not get the nod over CR for last night game

I'm a tacticianista ( managers make the difference not the players ) .. so yeah i give credit for the likes of Pep,Jose , Del bosque ahead of players..
put an average-good manager in charge and he will be exposed vs a great manager (see Frank vs Capello ) , see Pep vs Schuster , Ramos & Pellegrini .. just saying

So it may be. This year Jose is the winner, but with some additions to our squad we will be competitive again next year.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Jose definitely deserves the credit. Yes he got lucky because tbh I think we had the better chances, but you make your own luck. If Pellegrini were still managing Real Madrid they wouldn't stand a chance.

ricknattery

perhaps the importance coaches give to the defensive aspect of the game has increased a bit lately though(to me it seems since Italy won the WC in 06, or Greece in the Euro 04).
but you are right, it's just some games, hope the number doesn't increase and I have to admit it, the fact that there is a defensive side that can finally put a proper contest to this Barca hegemony is exciting for football, gives the espectacle a new spice. Two completey different ways of approaching and understanding football. CL ties will be the ultimate fight(just for this season)

Beast

The Observer
Well it's a war (lite war ) so you work on your weakness and use your strength and at the same time look of the other weaknesses

U have to take into consideration this Barca side is in all the sense of the word exceptional comes ones in a lifetime (similar to our 50's side ) , so u cannot go out and pretend you will not give them the ball and play a game they excel at .. u have to look for weakness in their field
that doesn't make Real Madrid , United defensive sides that make them not on your team level ..
even Spain is not as good as Barca cause you have items like Alves, Messi that adds a lot.. u can actually play Spain possession football and beat them (see Argentina for example ) but when u add a Maradonesque factor in Messi the odds change
Until teams can match you (and be sure we will be fishing for a link midfielder in the summer to overcome that ) in the passing game most Win or Die game will be a lot tactical and less open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans