Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
ok this is crazy.. Chelsea offered Kaka 18 Million Euro a YEAR.. according to EMD .. that's double what we offered..
in all honesty if i was Kaka i would pick Chelsea

S

Snyde

Update: Cirque Du Soleil is out of business. Owner says, "We simply cannot compete with Real Madrid FC."

In other news: Baby missing as Perez looks happy and full.

:rofl1::rofl1:
ok this is crazy.. Chelsea offered Kaka 18 Million Euro a YEAR.. according to EMD .. that's double what we offered..
But is EMD reliable when it comes to Madrid transfers?

Oh and De La Red scored in a friendly charity game playing with Soldado -Guardiola-Butregano ..etc :d
as seen below

pro_photo1243973845.jpg
This is awesome. Any more pics from the match? Or info?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
remains to be seen , i saw Pellegerini use 4-4-2 , 4-4-1-1 & 4-2-3-1 (think it was barca or Real game ) this season alone.. needless to say Diamond 4-4-2 when Roman was with him.. i think he adapt the formation to the players he has..
he play Ibagaza (an AM ) on the side.. same thing for Cani .. i think it will be clear once we start our pre-season and Raed should be happy as Real are playing in Toronto & Washington DC this summer
WHAT??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? FUCKING HELL I WONT BE HERE, I AM GOING TO UAE!!!! THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!

MY ONLY CHANCE TO SEE MY TEAM FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

at least I get to see Zidane and Eto'o play...I bought my tickets already :D

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I moved to Canada in 2002, but I go back almost every summer (5 out of 7) including this one.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I know Abu Dhabi very well (as well as you can know it with all the changes). May I ask you why you now live in Canada? Is it purely for academic reasons?

The reason that I ask this is that many of the people I grew up with in Gib girls (who have married a Brit) now live there and I can can tell you they are not equipped for it. I love the irony of it in all honesty. They still approach it as if it is another colony.

As you can imagine after chatting with me for 3 years or so I get on well with the lads from the Emirates.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

that's not true. I have no source but I can guarantee you it's bullshit for the following reason:

terry has it in his contract that he has to be on wage parity with the highest earner at chelsea (he's a real loyal soldier that JT! loves his club!) so if they give kaka 18m euros a year, they'll have to give it to terry as well. that's 36m euros a year in wages for TWO players.

if it was city, yeah I'd believe it. but I can't see roman doing that unless of course they plan to tell terry to go do one (feasible, there are better defenders out there and he is a complete mong) when he comes whining about wage parity.

we'll see.

but if I were a betting man, I'd put some monet on him wearing white next season.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I know Abu Dhabi very well (as well as you can know it with all the changes). May I ask you why you now live in Canada? Is it purely for academic reasons?

The reason that I ask this is that many of the people I grew up with in Gib girls (who have married a Brit) now live there and I can can tell you they are not equipped for it. I love the irony of it in all honesty. They still approach it as if it is another colony.

As you can imagine after chatting with me for 3 years or so I get on well with the lads from the Emirates.

I haven't lived there for quite some time so I can be just as accurate as what my parents tell me and from what I see during the summer, and from the stories my friends tell me.

However everyone is complaining. People who have lived there for a long time cannot connect with the same things anymore, because a lot of what made Abu Dhabi, a home for us residents are gone and have been replaced.

There is a lack of direction, a defined goal, I could tell you that for sure. If you tell me what is Toronto's objectives right now I can easily name a few things, but if you ask me about UAE, I couldn't tell you. They just want to grow. In any way possible.

For all we know, the country was once nicely and evenly populated. The country had a culture which was inviting and tolerant of people, especially the British. Although I do credit them for keeping things peaceful to very extended degree between all kinds of people the amount of different races is unbelievably overwhelming for such a tiny country. I am not trying to be racist or anything but a lack of belonging fades away (same way I had a lot of British people tell me they don't know London anymore).

Heat is an incredible factor that will get to you, especially with soaring numbers. I am telling you my friend, you do not want to get caught up in traffic with temperatures like the ones in UAE. You'd start ripping your hair out. What made UAE once a very lovable country was its hospitality and easiness. We had access to a lot of hotels to go relax and spend hot days, so did a lot of foreigners but everything now is bloody expensive, inflation put people into panic mode.

You got a lot for your Dirham back then, now a days, you are paying top Dirham for silly things. I remember I rarely ever got confronted by the fortunate class, my mentallity is a lot more westernized as I was in private schools (a canadian school) so I never understood them too well, but that is because they had separated the different classes well back then, before the death of Shiekh Zayed. They were able to afford simple leisure, whereas the top class could afford pampering. It all stems from them trying to push the poor out of the country (it started with medicine over 10 years ago) now inflation has creeped into every market, making it unbearable. Now, everyone is in everybody's face which is the most annoying thing in the world.

I wonder if I can go live back there again, I don't know who'd I fit in with besides my family. But I still love it, I think things will calm down soon, it has to. A bit of restored order should do everyone good.

What is it that they complain about though?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
More often than not, we have brought in good players but they never complimented each other. For instance, when Guti was playing well, we had width and we had our wingers running diagonally behind the fullbacks. The balance was found with Ramos over lapping Beckham who supplied defensive coverage as well as long rage passing, with Robinho on the recieving end of Guti's only lethal weapon: through balls. With Diarra in the back we were solid but did not quite give Capello time to really materialize the team. This is an example of complimenting players.

On the other hand, we played Guti, Gago, Diarra, Sniejder, Robben, with Raul, Ruud, and Higuain. All players who either do not posses the through ball passing skills of Guti (or Zizou before) or they all perform best with the ball at their feet. That is why we looked flat and were found out in Europe. We also played Heinze on the left as opposed to Torres who offered much needed width from the left flank especially with Robinho's departure. Let us not make this mistake again and assemble a team of quality players but do not fit the bill.

Kaka likes to roam and switch positions. Zidane was stationary, he played football in the middle of the pitch because his ball control is second to none, whereas Kaka likes to run with it. Robben might succeed with Kaka, but to a certain extent, and in the middle there will be a lot of wasted energy. Kaka thrives on energy, the faster the pace, the better he plays. Plus he likes to connect with teammates, therefore players who can combine smart link up and offer open space with good ball control are the best option for Kaka. The likes of Valencia (played great at the world cup, that is when I first noticed him) and Ribery. As long as there is movement upfront, Kaka will be able to work his magic. We cannot play Barcelona's patient football, we never did, we never will. Players like C Ronaldo catches teams off guard, and players like Robben do not run behind defenders but rather beat them.

Also, Kaka likes to drop in the box, therefore playing Torres and Ramos is essential. If not the full backs because Pellegrini does not like that but would rather his wingers to do so, then Marcelo from one end can deliver low crosses into the box, with Valencia/Ribery or Ramos from the other side. As long as balls are crossed in, Kaka will get a foot onto them.

A lot will depend on communication, and trust. During our successful period, Guti was asked about a goal we conceded from a midfield error taht resulted in a successful counter attack and he said, among the players, there is a great deal of trust. Sometimes a little too much, but at one point in time that made us so successful in that top players did not mind stepping back for their teammates because they were certain of their quality. Forward to 2009, and Robben does not trust his teammates. You only see Raul picking the ball from midfield and running desperately towards the goal aimlessly, with Hunterlaar being left out and completely ignored, and Guti throwing hissy fits for not being able to pass the ball properly (quite frankly, no one was of proper quality to be on the recieving end). Higuain usually does things on his own out of the blue. Van der Vaart never said a word. Gago was left exposed all the time and was seen flopping week in week out. Barcelona believe in a set system, we believe in quality. Zidane never scored a lot, but that is because had Figo not been his partner in midfield he would have attempted more shots.

We aren't too far away from being as strong as we should be.

5-6 players was spot on from Perez, especially if you consider a long term project. If the rumors are true, with Kaka and Xabi in midfield a lot changes but Raul needs to fucking lay low.

Has anyone seen how strong Granero is on top of the ball? Ten times better than VDV, more composed than Sniejder, and poses a mean shot. I swear to god everytime I see one of our footballers perform so eloquently it brings a tear to my eye, especially when I see footage of De la Red.

Players who would compliment Kaka:
Valencia
Ribery
Xabi
Mata

I don't think Silva would compliment Kaka as much as players like Mata who get into the box from the wing.

Sorry if I am incoherent but I am so tired and in dire need of sleep.

Beast

The Observer
:rofl1::rofl1:

But is EMD reliable when it comes to Madrid transfers?

This is awesome. Any more pics from the match? Or info?

pro-Barca news are more reliable then pro-Madrid news when it comes to our transfers most of the time and vice versa

the match was a charity one for 4-4-2 organization
Marchena, Codina, Joaquín, Yeste, Alexis, Apoño, Contra, Belenguer, Soldado, Licht, David Cortés, Senderos, Albín, Manu del Moral Maresca, Pep Guardiola,
there was Schuster,Hierro,Butragueño,Alfonso..etc

the match ended 3-3 and Pep played for 20 minutes according to the reports he demonstrated some quality passing skills
WHAT??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? FUCKING HELL I WONT BE HERE, I AM GOING TO UAE!!!! THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!

MY ONLY CHANCE TO SEE MY TEAM FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

at least I get to see Zidane and Eto'o play...I bought my tickets already :D
i can't believe you won't be there.. when are you coming back from the UAE ?

that's not true. I have no source but I can guarantee you it's bullshit for the following reason:

terry has it in his contract that he has to be on wage parity with the highest earner at chelsea (he's a real loyal soldier that JT! loves his club!) so if they give kaka 18m euros a year, they'll have to give it to terry as well. that's 36m euros a year in wages for TWO players.

if it was city, yeah I'd believe it. but I can't see roman doing that unless of course they plan to tell terry to go do one (feasible, there are better defenders out there and he is a complete mong) when he comes whining about wage parity.

we'll see.

but if I were a betting man, I'd put some monet on him wearing white next season.
AS said today it's 12 Million a year not 18 as EMD said.. which is still 3 million more then what Real offered ..but as Sunny said below
I think Roman will do anything to piss off Madrid after the Robinho affair.
Spot on.. every one said it.. pure Russian Mafia payback

More often than not, we have brought in good players but they never complimented each other. For instance, when Guti was playing well, we had width and we had our wingers running diagonally behind the fullbacks. The balance was found with Ramos over lapping Beckham who supplied defensive coverage as well as long rage passing, with Robinho on the recieving end of Guti's only lethal weapon: through balls. With Diarra in the back we were solid but did not quite give Capello time to really materialize the team. This is an example of complimenting players.

On the other hand, we played Guti, Gago, Diarra, Sniejder, Robben, with Raul, Ruud, and Higuain. All players who either do not posses the through ball passing skills of Guti (or Zizou before) or they all perform best with the ball at their feet. That is why we looked flat and were found out in Europe. We also played Heinze on the left as opposed to Torres who offered much needed width from the left flank especially with Robinho's departure. Let us not make this mistake again and assemble a team of quality players but do not fit the bill.

Kaka likes to roam and switch positions. Zidane was stationary, he played football in the middle of the pitch because his ball control is second to none, whereas Kaka likes to run with it. Robben might succeed with Kaka, but to a certain extent, and in the middle there will be a lot of wasted energy. Kaka thrives on energy, the faster the pace, the better he plays. Plus he likes to connect with teammates, therefore players who can combine smart link up and offer open space with good ball control are the best option for Kaka. The likes of Valencia (played great at the world cup, that is when I first noticed him) and Ribery. As long as there is movement upfront, Kaka will be able to work his magic. We cannot play Barcelona's patient football, we never did, we never will. Players like C Ronaldo catches teams off guard, and players like Robben do not run behind defenders but rather beat them.

Also, Kaka likes to drop in the box, therefore playing Torres and Ramos is essential. If not the full backs because Pellegrini does not like that but would rather his wingers to do so, then Marcelo from one end can deliver low crosses into the box, with Valencia/Ribery or Ramos from the other side. As long as balls are crossed in, Kaka will get a foot onto them.

A lot will depend on communication, and trust. During our successful period, Guti was asked about a goal we conceded from a midfield error taht resulted in a successful counter attack and he said, among the players, there is a great deal of trust. Sometimes a little too much, but at one point in time that made us so successful in that top players did not mind stepping back for their teammates because they were certain of their quality. Forward to 2009, and Robben does not trust his teammates. You only see Raul picking the ball from midfield and running desperately towards the goal aimlessly, with Hunterlaar being left out and completely ignored, and Guti throwing hissy fits for not being able to pass the ball properly (quite frankly, no one was of proper quality to be on the recieving end). Higuain usually does things on his own out of the blue. Van der Vaart never said a word. Gago was left exposed all the time and was seen flopping week in week out. Barcelona believe in a set system, we believe in quality. Zidane never scored a lot, but that is because had Figo not been his partner in midfield he would have attempted more shots.

We aren't too far away from being as strong as we should be.

5-6 players was spot on from Perez, especially if you consider a long term project. If the rumors are true, with Kaka and Xabi in midfield a lot changes but Raul needs to fucking lay low.

Has anyone seen how strong Granero is on top of the ball? Ten times better than VDV, more composed than Sniejder, and poses a mean shot. I swear to god everytime I see one of our footballers perform so eloquently it brings a tear to my eye, especially when I see footage of De la Red.

Players who would compliment Kaka:
Valencia
Ribery
Xabi
Mata

I don't think Silva would compliment Kaka as much as players like Mata who get into the box from the wing.

Sorry if I am incoherent but I am so tired and in dire need of sleep.

I saw you write Guti name so many times, i started to wonder what did i do to piss you off that much

one note about Mata.. he will never come back.. the moment a player decide to skip Real offer and go to Valencia on a free transfer it means he is dead to us...

why i'm all for Kaka/Gourcuff is the fact that we need some strength .. we get overrun in Europe due to the physical strength of the midfield (par M Diarra) ..i don't want a team of shorties we need to mix it up a bit.. especially that Lass is another shortie
the Gago's and Guti's need to go
and i hope Huntelaar stays.. we need him with better service instead of the isolation he suffered .. the problem is i think Pellegerini will look for speed upfront.. that Huntelaar clear weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans