Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Are you saying because Lyon knocked you out of Europe last year, they were better than Real Madrid? One or even two games doesn't decide who's better than whom. Come on Beast, this is basic shit :lol: So was Alcorcon better than you last year? Yes I know you played your reserve team but your reserve team is still much better than their first team.

Yes Alco was better than us in the Copa (albeit it's an exception due to our shitness in taking them seriously ) , yes Lyon who was a semi-finalist last year was better than us no doubt as was Inter Milan
Being better is not about racking possession statistics or having bigger names , it's beating the best of the best (we call it the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ) ..
some teams for some reason or the other play out of their skins and get results eventually and just like the World cup , whoever wins is the best that year .. otherwise Holland is the best team cause they always qualify without defeat (at many times ) and with record number of goals (and that's similar to the league in that sense ) ..
just because the World cup u don't meet ALL THE TEAMS due to the draw doesn't make you NOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

you can't be serious Gio...

I'm very serious... what's disturbing is suddenly when your odds in the CL is threatened a little bit you are turning to a bunch of wanna be hypocrites (some of you are not but it's a defensive mechanism , i respect u , devil and rivaldo ) preaching how the league is better than the CL .. and that is pathetic attempt

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Performing better in a certain match and being a better team overall are two completely different things, it seems as if you're confusing the two. There's a fucking monumental difference. Look Beast, any team can beat any team in a match played over ninety minutes. The bottom placed team in the Maltese league can have the match of their lives and beat a full-strength Barcelona. That doesn't mean they're the better team, it just means they performed better in that specific match. Tournaments are not a proper indication of who the best team is, never was and never will be.

Beast

The Observer
Performing better in a certain match and being a better team overall are two completely different things, it seems as if you're confusing the two. There's a fucking monumental difference. Look Beast, any team can beat any team in a match played over ninety minutes. The bottom placed team in the Maltese league can have the match of their lives and beat a full-strength Barcelona. That doesn't mean they're the better team, it just means they performed better in that specific match. Tournaments are not a proper indication of who the best team is, never was and never will be.

Well u answered yourself ...
Was Alco the best team in Copa Del rey that season ? no the winners were cause they beat whoever beat them
Was Inter the best team last year ? yes cause they beat every team they met , ditto for Greece , ditto for Liverpool
So Lyon was better than Real but not the best team in the competition and Europe that was Inter Milan ..
same for whoever wins this year competition ..etc
So whoever wins the CL is the best team in Europe HANDS DOWN cause he beat the best of the best in Europe... the league doesn't represent the best of Europe just the best in Spain and it's not enough to be claimed the best team in the World or Europe.
No room for mistakes in Cup competitions that's why its 10 times harder .. the league u can still lose 4-6 games and still come on top
Tell me that the final 16 in any CL is worse than any league top 16 ? u can't .. u have at least 24 stronger teams in any group stage than any league in Europe
Tournaments are the ONLY indication of who is the best... anything else is a losing side clutching @ straws

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Holy fuck Gio, you seriously believe that the team winning the league is not better than the team, from same country, that wins the CL!? In a cup there are lot of factors playing man, like the injuries, suspensions, ref fuckups, form, luck, etc... All those things are kind of neutralised in the league!!

Last year Sevilla won the cup beating us in the semis, does that effectively make them better team than us!? Fulham went to EL finals beating Liverpool, were they a better team than pool!?

Beast

The Observer
Holy fuck Gio, you seriously believe that the team winning the league is not better than the team, from same country, that wins the CL!? In a cup there are lot of factors playing man, like the injuries, suspensions, ref fuckups, form, luck, etc... All those things are kind of neutralised in the league!!

Last year Sevilla won the cup beating us in the semis, does that effectively make them better team than us!? Fulham went to EL finals beating Liverpool, were they a better team than pool!?

It goes without saying Estel , it's not just me but the whole world, UEFA, football pundits without exception
.. except for few Cule's who suddenly fear they may go out of the CL for the underdogs Real ...
we can't make two sets of benchmarks , one to suit you and the other for the rest of the world

Yes they were better than you in the Copa del Rey and Fulham was better than Liverpool last year (even Ed would confirm to u that ) , however neither of those competition has the best of the best ... one is a cup for Spain and the other is a competition for 4th to 6th place in Europe.. UEFA European champions league has ONLY THE BEST TEAMS IN EUROPE ;)

So its normal whoever wins the CL is the best that year hands down and it's not a subject for debate

10Rivaldo

Well u answered yourself ...
Was Alco the best team in Copa Del rey that season ? no the winners were cause they beat whoever beat them
Was Inter the best team last year ? yes cause they beat every team they met , ditto for Greece , ditto for Liverpool
same for whoever wins this year competition ..etc

What if the linesman made the correct decision in the first leg and disallowed Milito's goal? Then we'd have went through on away goals, and most probably win the final. Does that mean we were suddenly the best team last year, by your definition? The only thing that changed was the linesman's decision, nothing else changed. How can a linesman's decision decide who the better team is? He can't. A referee's decision can decide who goes through, but it can't decide who the better team is. There are so many factors that can affect the outcome of a two-legged tie, and it's not like the league which is played over 38 matches where such factors even out at the end.

So whoever wins the CL is the best team in Europe HANDS DOWN cause he beat the best of the best in Europe... the league doesn't represent the best of Europe just the best in Spain and it's not enough to be claimed the best team in the World or Europe.
No room for mistakes in Cup competitions that's why its 10 times harder .. the league u can still lose 4-6 games and still come on top

AC Milan was better than Liverpool in 2005. Liverpool equalized through a penalty which they got with a Gerrard dive.

Tell me that the final 16 in any CL is worse than any league top 16 ? u can't .. u have at least 24 stronger teams in any group stage than any league in Europe
Tournaments are the ONLY indication of who is the best... anything else is a losing side clutching @ straws

That is such a weak argument. It doesn't even make any sense.

Beast

The Observer
Good teams win the CL every year,
GREAT teams win both CL and Liga, and Madrid hasn't won both in long, long time

U mean Milan wasn't a great team earlier this century ;) .. nor was Real ;) heheheeh but Porto in 2004 was :D
Great teams wins the CL , exceptional teams win both and it doesn't happen very often if you are from a top league

What if the linesman made the correct decision in the first leg and disallowed Milito's goal? Then we'd have went through on away goals, and most probably win the final. Does that mean we were suddenly the best team last year, by your definition? The only thing that changed was the linesman's decision, nothing else changed. How can a linesman's decision decide who the better team is? He can't. A referee's decision can decide who goes through, but it can't decide who the better team is. There are so many factors that can affect the outcome of a two-legged tie, and it's not like the league which is played over 38 matches where such factors even out at the end.

AC Milan was better than Liverpool in 2005. Liverpool equalized through a penalty which they got with a Gerrard dive.

That is such a weak argument. It doesn't even make any sense.

no it makes a lot of sense but you have no valid argument to reply for it ...
and yes a linesman decision can affect a decision in a game but you had the rest of the game and a return leg ;) .. they were the best last year hands down
AC Milan was better in terms of names and first half performance but Liverpool had more commitment and will that's why they came back in one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the CL finals ..they earned that trophy.. it's not their fault that Milan slacked and they improved ..

10Rivaldo

I think we should just agree to disagree, but I think more people would agree with me. There's too much luck involved in a tournament.

Beast

The Observer
I think we should just agree to disagree, but I think more people would agree with me. There's too much luck involved in a tournament.
A week ago they would disagree with u , now they would agree... ;) or at least some of them ... and by your judgement we should as well cancel the World cup as the same criteria applies

respect to your POV nevertheless

ricknattery

U mean Milan wasn't a great team earlier this century ;) .. nor was Real ;) heheheeh but Porto in 2004 was :D
Great teams wins the CL , exceptional teams win both and it doesn't happen very often if you are from a top league

Hey I'm just using you title-result oriented way of understanding GREAT teams and success, so that Milan from beggining of the century wasn't a GREAT team, neither Real for a long, long time
and Porto, well to complete the definition I should add: "concerning teams from the top 3 leagues nowadays" :p

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Inter was undoubtedly the best club team in 2010, even though I hate Inter, they deserved to beat Barca after tactically outwitting them.

I feel best team is a loose term here. How would you define best?

In the CL you can only face the team that is in front of you. Remember to win the CL is 13 games - 1/3 of a domestic league campaign, so it does go someway to suggesting how good you really are.

There are exceptional circumstances where the best team clearly in the CL has not won it, but I can only say that for 1 year that and that was 2005. For all the other years I can honestly say a better team would not have beaten that year's winner.

Similarly in international tournaments, generally speaking the best team wins. So Greece weren't the best nation in europe in 2004, but they beat the best in europe in 2004 and deservedly won it in my mind as they beat the best.

So basically let me understand. When Barca win la liga and if Real win the CL there will be people saying barcelona is the best or people saying real is the best. Well if Barca are the best, then Real if they win it must be as good because they would have beaten the best to win it.

Beast

The Observer
Hey I'm just using you title-result oriented way of understanding GREAT teams and success, so that Milan from beggining of the century wasn't a GREAT team, neither Real for a long, long time
and Porto, well to complete the definition I should add: "concerning teams from the top 3 leagues nowadays" :p

You are saying the team that won 3 CL (or 2 CL ) in 2000 and 2002 with Zidane and Figo under del Bosque wasn't a great team ? cause we didn't win the league in all three occasions ;)
Dilemma isn't it ?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
You are saying the team that won 3 CL (or 2 CL ) in 2000 and 2002 with Zidane and Figo under del Bosque wasn't a great team ? cause we didn't win the league in all three occasions ;)
Dilemma isn't it ?

Had Valencia had a world class striker in their team they would have wiped the floor with madrid :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans