Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
A week ago they would disagree with u , now they would agree... ;) or at least some of them ... and by your judgement we should as well cancel the World cup as the same criteria applies

respect to your POV nevertheless

Well no, they shouldn't cancel it because that's the beauty of it. Anyone can win a tournament if they're lucky enough. Also beating the best doesn't make you the best. Hercules beat Barca, does that mean they're the better team? No, it means they were better in that particular game. But if it was a one-legged tournament, they would have knocked Barcelona out. And by your definition, that would mean they're the better team. Again, there is just too much luck involved in a tournament to say the winner is hands-down the best. Inter were lucky to get past us last year, we were lucky to get past Chelsea in 2009, etc.

ricknattery

You are saying the team that won 3 CL (or 2 CL ) in 2000 and 2002 with Zidane and Figo under del Bosque wasn't a great team ? cause we didn't win the league in all three occasions ;)
Dilemma isn't it ?

let me tell you why it isn't
If you are a GREAT team you compete in the 3 fronts and raise 2 cups at least(if you win the treble you are magnificent). Madrid couldn't cope with both wining locally and continentally, so their success isn't that great. Liverpool won the CL in 05 but they were bad in their league, obviously it's easier to win the CL if you deliberatelly throw the last games and play with subs, it is a different matter if you not just play full throttle on both competitions but also end victorius
Barcelona from 05-06 or 08-09 or ManU from 07-08 are far better than Liverpool 05, that's the difference between a good team and a GREAT team

Beast

The Observer
Well no, they shouldn't cancel it because that's the beauty of it. Anyone can win a tournament if they're lucky enough. Also beating the best doesn't make you the best. Hercules beat Barca, does that mean they're the better team? No, it means they were better in that particular game. But if it was a one-legged tournament, they would have knocked Barcelona out. And by your definition, that would mean they're the better team. Again, there is just too much luck involved in a tournament to say the winner is hands-down the best. Inter were lucky to get past us last year, we were lucky to get past Chelsea in 2009, etc.

.. I'll refer to your own post when i said u answered yourself ..
Hercules beating Barca is one thing and beating Real ,Valencia and Villarreal and winning the top club competition is something else , they can beat you but won't be the best till they beat the rest of the clubs in a top tournament like the CL ;)

If you are a GREAT team you compete in the 3 fronts and raise 2 cups at least(if you win the treble you are magnificent). Madrid couldn't cope with both wining locally and continentally, so their success isn't that great. Liverpool won the CL in 05 but they were bad in their league, obviously it's easier to win the CL if you deliberatelly throw the last games and play with subs, it is a different matter if you not just play full throttle on both competitions but also end victorius
Barcelona from 05-06 or 08-09 or ManU from 07-08 are far better than Liverpool 05, that's the difference between a good team and a GREAT team

So by your definition Inter Milan is a great team ;)

and great than the 2002 winning Galacticos ...

and the Real Madrid team that won 3 champion leagues in a span of 6 years.. that's a good team but not compared to a great Inter Milan team of last year ?

maybe ;)

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
No Gio. If you 5-0 us AND play your game in Camp Nou. Then you are better than us, no matter what trophy you win.

However, to convince WUMs that you are better than us and get global recognition, yuo need to win the CL.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Bollocks. Real Madrid from 2000 - 02 were magnificent

Only a Barcelona supporter could deny that Madrid were not magnificent through those years.

Beast

The Observer
No Gio. If you 5-0 us AND play your game in Camp Nou. Then you are better than us, no matter what trophy you win.

However, to convince WUMs that you are better than us and get global recognition, yuo need to win the CL.

My friend i don't need to convince you ... nor to beat u 5-0.. we hammered Valencia 3-6 @ home the first team to score 6 goals in Mestella does it mean we are 6 times better than them ?

we don't need to convince anyone if we beat Barca and if we beat whoever wins from United and Schalke we will be the best team in Europe for this season whether Cule's like it or not.. and that title is just till next season till we crash out or win it again.. that's who is goes

ricknattery

So by your definition Inter Milan is a great team ;)

and great than the 2002 winning Galacticos ...

and the Real Madrid team that won 3 champion leagues in a span of 6 years.. that's a good team but not compared to a great Inter Milan team of last year ?

maybe ;)

that's why I said 2 coments before that "I'm just using your title, result oriented way of defining a GREAT team. Results are not the only factor to be considered(although it's the most important).
The Figo and Zidane's Real was a GREAT team, and yes last year's Inter was a GREAT team too, but not better than that Barcelona ;)

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
My friend i don't need to convince you ... nor to beat u 5-0.. we hammered Valencia 3-6 @ home the first team to score 6 goals in Mestella does it mean we are 6 times better than them ?

we don't need to convince anyone if we beat Barca and if we beat whoever wins from United and Schalke we will be the best team in Europe for this season whether Cule's like it or not.. and that title is just till next season till we crash out or win it again.. that's who is goes
you will be the "best" team of europe. however, will you be THE best team of europe?
you know what I mean..

Beast

The Observer
that's why I said 2 coments before that "I'm just using your title, result oriented way of defining a GREAT team. Results are not the only factor to be considered(although it's the most important).
The Figo and Zidane's Real was a GREAT team, and yes last year's Inter was a GREAT team too, but not better than that Barcelona ;)

Than u missed /overlooked the "Exceptional team " part.. Barca is an exceptional team .. Real Madrid was a great team so was Milan so was Inter last year
Good just don't do it ;)
you will be the "best" team of europe. however, will you be THE best team of europe?
you know what I mean..

If we beat Barca over two legs and whoever is on the other side of the draw than we will be the best team in Europe without a shred of doubt ..

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
you know what I mean..

Well to be the "best" team in europe they will have to beat THE best team of europe won't they? So doesn't that sort of nullify your point?

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
If we beat Barca over two legs and whoever is on the other side of the draw than we will be the best team in Europe without a shred of doubt ..

Most people were still lauding Barcelona as the best club team in the world even after Inter beat us.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'd agree with you if the CL is also in the form of league Gio... Because it's a cup there are lot of other factors playing in, I can't really accept the winner of CL is the best team. Milan practically played just the CL a few years back & won it while fucking up with the league totally so that doesn't make them the best team of that year really. Even if the CL is of the form of a league this factor still comes in!!

Only way you can evaluate the best team is by finishing off the league early(by december or some thing) then play the CL(in the form of a league) taking the cream teams from each country... But that's not possible of course!!

I don't accept it but it's definitely not because of the reason you say... I don't really have this burning desire to make others call Barca the best team in Europe or the best team ever etc. I think it's just a matter of opinion

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
The craziest thing about football and why its almost unreal to be able to say the "best" is look at the off season or lack there of. If a club wins the CL, before they even blink their eyes they are reunited with their national team playing in the WC, Euro, etc... Not too mention going to the US or to Asia to play "friendlys". To be honest, the break isn't long to start off with anyways. So you have a team like Inter, who have a great season, win the treble, which not many teams at all have done and then its completely overshadowed by the WC, and then beyond that its overshadowed but the string of bad luck they have had this season. In football, its almost like a what have you done for me lately type of thing in my opinion. To be honest no matter what anyone says, nor argues, you really can't say who is the "best"... We can always have a majority decision but everyones standards and expectations will be different. With the top leagues being as competitive as they are, things will only continue to be more difficult to distinguish. This is just my opinion though, for what its worth.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I don't accept it but it's definitely not because of the reason you say... I don't really have this burning desire to make others call Barca the best team in Europe or the best team ever etc. I think it's just a matter of opinion

I think you are in a minority my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans