Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Undecided about Nuri but i disagree Xabi desperately need a box to box beside him
we have several destroyers ... just ask Xav-Messi-Iniesta ;)

Xabi's best partner in midfield has been Masch who's no boxtobox man! And isn't Nuri to rotate with Xabi?

Beast

The Observer
That arguement has a flaw... Arsenal beat us at Emirates, Newcastle beat Arsenal at the same ground. But I can confidently say Newcastle are not better than us!

Regarding the latter comment that we cannot say Schalke are not the best team in Europe if they beat Utd and Barca/Madrid to become the Champions... Well they might get lucky you know! A wrong called penalty, an early red card an injury... You can't just exclude the luck factor, period

You keep on saying Lyon were better than Madrid last year... But weren't you a tapin away from beating them!? And then who did they face later? Not Chelsea, not Utd, and not Arsenal who all failed to reach the semi!! Can you just declare the semifinalists Lyon were better all those other teams!?

But one point I accept is, as you proceed further the competition the chance of just riding by luck keeps on reducing. You can't win it all just by luck, at the same time you can't win it all just by talent i.e., just by being the best team

The luck factor plays a big part in the league as well , long injuries , suspension before the game , FIFA virus , more CL /Europa league priority over league games (see Villarreal performance after every Europa game ... etc
The argument doesn't has a flaw.. i didn't say Schalke beat just one team (like your irrelevant NC example ) .. they beat teams in the group , beat Valencia,Beat Inter Milan (holders ) if they beat Man United and the winner of Barca /Real can you take anything for them ? no worthy winners
U beat what's infront of you in the draw ..and in Lyon cause it was Bordeaux who came on top with a group that had : Liverpool , B Munich and Juventus.. nuff said
Yes Lyon was better last year than all of those Estel that's the name of the game ...

Beast

The Observer
khedira not a destroyer. he's an engine that just runs. a wannabe destroyer that'd be better at box-to-box.
lass, well he's a destroyer butnot a pure one because he gives away lots of freekicks with his legkicking.

[YOUTUBE]kJcYFkuIptk[/YOUTUBE]
During attacks he's a mix between Özil and Xabi for me.

xabi maybe didn't look better, but with pepe in the mix real looked a better side. the whole team was defensive minded though, so it's interesting to see if you could do aswell vs the Almeria's and Malaga's.

We need a Nuri/Cesc type .. that mix and link between Xabi and Ozil.. not a destroyer ... we want to change the style and hold the ball more

Worthy winners, yes. Best team? No.
Didn't they *hypothetically " beat the best over two legs and the final in 90 minutes ? they are the best team this year in Europe

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
If you play SChalke 10 times they will win 2 times. Nuff said.

Well, put it like that then it might work but Xabi is best as the link between attack and defence imo. The best would tbfh be:
iker
ramos-pepe-carvalho-marcelo
sahin-lass/yaya
özil
dimaria-higgy-cron

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
How dare you!!!! Greece was the best in in europe in 2004!!

A nation that beats the home nation twice (one in the final), France and the Czechs deserves that crown :D Now wash your mouth with soap :D

greece were a disgrace to football.....but take heart u are not as disgraceful as mourinho he does what greece does except with some of the best players in the world :D

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Worthy winners, yes. Best team? No.

Really why are you such `best` monger ? We don`t need everyone , especially madridistas to tell us that we are the best team of the generation or whatsoever , right ?

The amount of respect we get every day from the whole world is by billion times more than enough to please our heart . Just don`t generalize us and make us feel small infront of madridistas with such blunt claims of who being the best or not .

Here is an example , After we did Manita against Madrid . Some thoughts for Barca from the whole world.....

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...es-FC-Barcelona-amp-the-style-Post-El-Clasico

Save this thread Tiam. ;)

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Beast which competition do you think is a better representation of the better team?

That's all it took to start this, and Beast didn't disappoint :lol:

I'm with Rivaldo, we should just agree to disagree ;)

I would point out why I think cup tournament formats don't necessarily reflect the best team in that bunch but then the thread will sound like a broken record...

However I just want to point out if I had to choose which competition I would like us to win I would choose the CL without a doubt, but I still will see the team holding the League title as a better team than us for that season ;)

gingerless

league determines the fair winner better than cl, how is that even debatable? the system is much more luck/ref decision/form-proof

this debate is stupid anyway, after we get the cl the outcome will always be the same :)

unless of course schalke/man U beat us in which case, they will be the best team in europe, right?

Galning

I think there still is a difference between playing on the counter attack against Barça and faulting a player every time he wants to set up an attack.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
the counter-attacking is not our issue Wolfe and I think it's obvious. it's the trying to disrupt play by kicing the shit out of our players that disturbs us. That is not the way of Real.

El Gato

Villarato!

Went through this already. Zero shots away with parked bus and two counters at home. If they weren't cautious they would get 5 netted at home.

As for physical play, I don't think it will go down easy with all the referees so eventually Mourinho will need to alter his ways. Madrid can't play aggressively for 90 minutes anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans