Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylonian

Your posts , u didn't bother to enter the debate and post your point of view instead you focused on that beautiful Chimp.

so yes it's working like a charm

Well i would bother if there was a debate in the 1st place.. Its you and only you vs the barcaforum.. I completely agree with catalonian devil on this one.. n i think ur just saying the cl is whats sets the bar cuz u see barca winning la liga anyways... n dont try the youre just saying that cuz were running scared ducking from some kind of madrid mortar rain, since we lost the other day.. ;)

Beast

The Observer
Oh yes you are , some cule's are still brave enough to admit it's the ultimate prize
... see earlier posts this season and the sudden change after the last two games.. so yep u are actually right some of u are trying to follow up Pep "defensive mechanism " making suddenly the league a priority , a league both Barca and Real run riot away from everyone else every season

and no the debate was Devil , Estel and Rivaldo.. not the Barcaforum

Babylonian

Oh yes you are , some cule's are still brave enough to admit it's the ultimate prize
... see earlier posts this season and the sudden change after the last two games.. so yep u are actually right some of u are trying to follow up Pep "defensive mechanism " making suddenly the league a priority , a league both Barca and Real run riot away from everyone else every season

and no the debate was Devil , Estel and Rivaldo.. not the Barcaforum

Hold ur horses cowboy.. Peps defensive mechanism? Are u talking abt mourinhos defensive ape shit mechanism or when pep said that ''before'' the copa game? Ur good at twisting things beasty.. Ive noticed that.. ;)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Come on Gio it's the same people who went all out on dalitis for saying 'don't give no shit to league, go all out for CL'... Curiously he too said that winning La Liga counts to nothing, like you said as it is no prestige winning league because it's just between Barca and Madrid every year. Along with the people who been argueing with you on the topic for the part few days there been numerous other people too who bashed dalitis for saying that(i sure remember valon and co)

so the way you keep picturing as if we are changing our opinion because now we see fewer chances of us winning the CL, and hence are afraid, is wrong

Beast

The Observer
Hold ur horses cowboy.. Peps defensive mechanism? Are u talking abt mourinhos defensive ape shit mechanism or when pep said that ''before'' the copa game? Ur good at twisting things beasty.. Ive noticed that.. ;)

Nope Pep said it before Osasuna game that the league is the most important..blah blah blah not before Copa..
Come on Gio it's the same people who went all out on dalitis for saying 'don't give no shit to league, go all out for CL'... Curiously he too said that winning La Liga counts to nothing, like you said as it is no prestige winning league because it's just between Barca and Madrid every year. Along with the people who been argueing with you on the topic for the part few days there been numerous other people too who bashed dalitis for saying that(i sure remember valon and co)

so the way you keep picturing as if we are changing our opinion because now we see fewer chances of us winning the CL, and hence are afraid, is wrong

Let me put it this way
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/5035-10-11-Liga-or-CL/page3
51% of the members prefer the CL (now watch some of those here will go and vote for la liga :lol:)

than u have here
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...ng-enough-to-win-the-Treble-this-season/page5
Majority of cule's believe u will win another treble early this season with just 16 % saying it won't happen

75 % of the members believe Barca will reach this year final CL
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/5073-How-Far-will-we-go-next-year-in-the-CL

I guess i proved it wasn't just Dalitis , i didn't say it count to nothing i said it's not as important or recognized as the CL for several reasons one of them is the poor competition we've been facing in the last 5 years (since 2006 ) and unless a major melt down happen for both teams u know it will be the same either Barca or Real (please correct me if i'm wrong and if u think any of the teams outside us will win the league in the next 5 years )
So yes opinions DID change and will change , if Real didn't get a draw and a win in Copa del Rey u lot would be singing about the importance of a 4th CL and how that those 3 CL's don't reflect your strength

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Your logic makes no sense. Of course CL is preferred. Champions League is more prestigious. It's harder to win BECAUSE you NEED luck to win it, no matter how good you are. That doesn't mean it's a better indication of who's better. If you read the first thread more carefully you'd have noticed everyone saying that CL has too much luck factor.

to win the champions league you need luck, to win the league you need consistency, that's the difference. I will go with the league.

Liga. I want both obviously but for a club as deep as Barcelona you NEVER sacrifice the league in the name of the CL, where there's a much bigger luck factor.

The league, consistency is the hallmark of champions.

Everybody would say both, that's bleedin' obvious, personally I always prefer to win the domestic league and then consider the cups. The CL always needs a massive amount of luck whilst you need to be consistently good over 38 games to win the league.

nope. when you win the league you know that your team is consistent and you wont get worried the year after it. look at AC Milan for example, they won the champions league in 2007 and look how pathetic they were the year after it. they couldnt even finish in the top 4 in Seria F, and for sure getting knocked out by ARSENAL in the champions league. even when you look at it in the long term, they won 2 CL's in the last decade but theyve been nothing less than embarrassing in the league, winning it once in the last 11 or 12 years. look at Chelsea for example, theyve never won the CL but in the last 6 years or so the odds of them winning it were far more than AC Milan. at the end of the day AC Milan won it and Chelsea didnt. Milan were lucky and Chelsea weren't. Chelsea are winning a lot of trophies every year while Milan arent. Chelsea have 10 titles in the last 6 years and Milan have only 3. to say it better, Barca fans dont want the CL this year and nothing the year after it, we want at least the league next year and maybe the CL after it.

In conclusion, when your team wins the league you know that it wont find it difficult to compete next season, unlike winning the CL alone which always needed luck rather than consistency.

cup competition always has elements of luck to it while the league will tell you if your team is the best as every member of the squad gets tested.

Beast

The Observer
Your logic makes no sense. Of course CL is preferred. Champions League is more prestigious. It's harder to win BECAUSE you NEED luck to win it, no matter how good you are. That doesn't mean it's a better indication of who's better. If you read the first thread more carefully you'd have noticed everyone saying that CL has too much luck factor.

My logic makes lots of sense but you are determined to downplay the competition so u accuse the same logic u personally used
... luck plays important factor in every competition even la liga even if for cule's is usually means a ref decision not going their way ..
just remember what happened to you when Eto'o was out for couple of month unlike the CL which u managed to recover you lost plenty of points in la liga due to his absence ..

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
lol gio i voted :D and i always love the league over the CL but if we out of CL the last couple of the weeks will be kind of hollow so we must go on

zanela

If i'd to pick one, I would go with the CL. I've always felt that a club of our stature and history has fallen short on the European stage. You can make it a consistency vs luck argument or whtever but the fact remains that CL is the ultimate prize in Club competition and you're known around the world not by your league record but by your European supremacy.

Thierry

Went through this already. Zero shots away with parked bus and two counters at home. If they weren't cautious they would get 5 netted at home.

As for physical play, I don't think it will go down easy with all the referees so eventually Mourinho will need to alter his ways. Madrid can't play aggressively for 90 minutes anyway.

..or just gift us with Penalties.

I said my opinion on him and his game last night and over here ..
I believe CR had stage fright from Barcelona , even easy chances he usually score he just tumble and his reactions and response time decrease dramatically when he play u .. the PK goal didn't help but after the header i saw a new CR .. brimmed with confidence (that was not just me i was watching with two other friends and we shared the same opinion )
Messi was not good in the first half but that goes with the tactic Pep chose and RM tactic.. i mean 50 min to get your first attempt says at all ..however when he was moved in the second half he improved but for little time (to quote Xavi on your game" we only played well for 20 minutes" ) and that sums up your entire team ..
CR found the goal several times & failed but eventually he scored a beautiful header that won the game while Messi had attempts but couldn't score but for how long ?
... how many one on ones did Messi have ? how many did CR had ? in the second half Pedro was more effective than Messi for u upfront.. but Messi still dictated the tempo but in the midfield not the forward line that's why for many he may not get the nod over CR for last night game

I'm a tacticianista ( managers make the difference not the players ) .. so yeah i give credit for the likes of Pep,Jose , Del bosque ahead of players..
put an average-good manager in charge and he will be exposed vs a great manager (see Frank vs Capello ) , see Pep vs Schuster , Ramos & Pellegrini .. just saying

BOLLOCKS.!!
How many times do we have to discuss this Beast.?
While there are some parts in your post that I do not entirely disagree with, it remains vivid and concise to conclude that Messi vs Ronaldo drama should be ended. Simply, Messi is an intelligent and brilliant player, while Ronaldo is simply just a "kicker"/header of the ball.
The world must take notice of fact that a player like Berbatov for instance has more head noodle to pilot a ball than Frightened "Chicken" Ronaldo with limited thinking abilities. That is it. we have to classify players according to their character arsenal.
1.Intellingent/Brilliant Strikers
2.Un-itelligent/Physical Strikers
3.Strikers by Default, and
4.Adaptive Strikers

So which category does Ronaldo fall under for you.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans