Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavi_78

Tiam, as I said, Nuri Sahin will not be a first team regular ! He is only there for next 3 years to backup and rotate with Alonso, maybe for some games he will get into the line-up as a 3rd midfielder, but that's it. He is supposed to be a player of future, a next generation of playmakers.

Sahin isn't needed, but he is sure a nice backup and a future hope that is supposed to replace Alonso in long term so I'm glad we made this move right now, because his value would definitely go up in the coming years.

Supposed player for the future`? Sorry to say that but that did neither Pedro Leon nor Canales any good. This waste of talent is just painful.

El Gato

Villarato!
Did Canales or Pedro Leon win any trophies being one of the best playmakers in their league (at least that's what the rumors say Sahin was) ? Hmmm..

Xavi_78

You must take into account the non-quality of the Bundesliga. Sahin set hardly the world alight when faced with a quality team like in the Europa League. But my point is that you stock talent after talent but at the end neither of the mentioned guys seem to have any future now. One year ago everybody was talking about Canales as the next big star, now Thiago has overtaken his place in the spanisch youth team due to more playing time and better development so for Canales the decision to come to Madrid was downright career damaging.

El Gato

Villarato!
Xavi, remember we're talking about the same league where Ozil came out of. League level doesn't always have influence on player skill quality and development. And as I've been saying all along I do not expect him to shine like Ozil straight away, he is here for 6 years I think the contract said which is long ass period of time to blend into Spanish style and Jose has shown he supports players with enough capabilities and desire to play good football. Look at Granero for instance.

As for Canales, he has shown he isn't ready which I was afraid of all the time and when it was announced he is coming to Madrid for 10/11 season in June last year I was really worried for him, because I doubted he will be in a sufficient shape to sustain Madrid style of play. Ozil's arrival didn't help either with returning Kaka in mind. You have to be ready physically and mentally and Canales clearly wasn't, he spent much time healing his ankles when he could be playing and practicing waiting for opportunities to take out vulnerable position of Kaka. It's not Madrid who damaged his career, it's him deciding to go for such a high shelf of competition so early. He should have stayed in Racing getting more and more experience, that's what he needs at his age since he was guaranteed a spot in Madrid anyway in the future.
But by any means I don't think his career is damaged permanently. A year spent on training and getting into shape is not a season taken out of the career like in Pedro Leon's case (he's only got himself to blame for it though), especially for him. On many occasions he said he is ready to wait for his chances and he will continue to work patiently if he's given a chance next season, because he realized that his ankles and legs were not sustaining the tough levels of Mourinho training earlier in the season.

Birdy, who said Mourinho is going in the first place except stupid papers ?

Birdy

Birdy, who said Mourinho is going in the first place except stupid papers ?

who said the opposite?
Real should make an official statement of Mourinho support at least.. And even with that, you cannot be sure.. Thats why i ask for inside stuff..

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
I never paid any attention to Sahin before, but because he signed for Madrid I'm going to conclude that he is probably shit without any evidence to back this statement up.
:lol: this is the truth

Sahin would work best under a christmas tree with Real Madrid but it will come at the expense of either Di Maria or Ozil, won't happen.

I want to see this team:

Casillas
Arbeloa Ramos Carvalho Marcelo
Pepe Xabi
Di Maria Ozil Ronaldo
Higuain

Minimum Bench: Adan, Garay, Khedira, Granero, Kaka (hope he stays), Sahin, and Benzema.

This team full strength would be devastating, very possible to challenge Barcelona.

:lol: basically your bench cost as much as our first team :lol:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Sahin would work best under a christmas tree with Real Madrid but it will come at the expense of either Di Maria or Ozil, won't happen.

I want to see this team:

Casillas
Pepe Xabi
Di Maria Ozil Ronaldo
Higuain

Minimum Bench: Adan, Garay, Khedira, Granero, Kaka (hope he stays), Sahin, and Benzema.

This team full strength would be devastating, very possible to challenge Barcelona.

IMO the best formation for Real would be:

Casillas

Ramos Pepe Carvallo Marcelo
Lass Xabi
Di Maria Ozil/Kaka Ronaldo
Higuain/Benzema​

I see that people are saying Lass is out, but I really don't get why Madrid would do that, he's the only decent natural ball-winning midfielder they have other than Khedira, who is mediocre at best IMO.
If Real are planning to get rid of him I would have definitely expected them to invest on a similar kind of player rather than going for an Alonso back-up who has at least 3 years left in him.
Arbeloa is a liability IMO, and Ramos hasn't been doing too bad in RB under Mourinho, he has been way more disciplined.

Just my 2 cents...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I do not want to see Lass out but in a formation likes ours we need players who can win headers in midfield. Khedira cemented his place there because he is very good in the air and Pepe is too. Lass is better than both on the ball but he is mistake prone. Also even though I think he is very good on the ball and has a good pass he slows down our game because he takes too long on the ball. I appreciated his work against Barcelona, trying to play football as opposed to hoofing it up.

I think my formation is best suited for the fast pace football that we play, with the very imposing Pepe who is very fast and has positional awareness over Lass. Xabi this way does not need to watch out for Lass and can focus on his offensive game which we really need. We will be playing 2 games a week, which will allow Sahin to replace Xabi. Khedira for Pepe. If Ramos performance against Barcelona next to Albiol is anything to go by, he will be stellar.

I like Lass and if he stays I am happy, however for some odd reason, I believe he is leaving. Granero I like because when we are struggling with physical teams and struggling to break the bus, is very good with his late runs, has a wonderful shot, and can actually maestro a midfield very well against mid table teams. Time will tell if he will ever be a very good player but he needs to play.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
245y4gx.jpg

Evil Aitor is evil!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

I want to see this team:

Casillas
Pepe Xabi
Di Maria Ozil Ronaldo
Higuain

you do realise that Pepe in a 4231 would be vastly less effective than a 433, right? in a 433 he has two midfielders alongside him, allowing him to be phenomenally aggressive in chasing the ball and closing down space. even for Portugal, he was able to be aggressive because the other two midfielders were not massively advanced.

if you make it a 4231 then he has less protection to attack the ball and be aggressive, and you end up with something like the second half of the Copa final. a rather timid Pepe, not really making much of a difference, but still making clumsy lunges and tackles.

and that's the other thing. he should have been sent off in all 3 games he played in midfield. the guy is aggressive and loves to make wild lunges, and when you're in the middle of the park the referee is not warded off by the idea of giving a penalty against Real Madrid so may be much more comfortable in dishing out the cards - as happened in the CL. that said if you can intimidate the refs like you did before the Lliga clasico and Copa final then this may not be an issue.

and of course Higuain being the starting striker under Mourinho is a bit fanciful given he'll have a whole summer's budget to sign that No9 he's been coveting. we'll see, though. I hoped (but didn't expect) that he'd change his ways to live up to Madrid, but instead he dragged them down to his level. let's see if he learned a lesson from getting taken to school by us in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans