Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FCB_Titi_LB

y

it's too early to speculate the season..there is first time to everything.. the main thing is to have a consistency
don't mention buying.. u also do buy a lot of players before this generation you had plenty of non youth players.. it's not easy to forget the Rochembach's,Dinho's and Kluiverts
probs for the current team and generation it's an exception but not the rule (let's face it before that everyone used their youth it was UEFA rules ) but it's not like you didn't buy zillion players couple of years ago you already bought 14 players (if i remember the figure correctly ) during the first 2 seasons of Laporta and Frank.. i'm not comparing i'm saying don't talk as if you only rely on the academy because it's not true the pilers of the 05 CL was mostly non youth team players par Puyol-Xavi and VV
neither E2,Dinho,Giuly,Edmilson,Belletti ,Marquez ,Larsson or Sylvinho were youth players
as for never dominate.. again based on what my friend ? a trip down the memory lane during the galacticos rise would contradict this believe

we had always youth products in defense/midfield,the main parts of the axis of a football team. How many youth products were in your first eleven during the last 5 years? And we have our own style.
Galacticos? You must be joking. Apart from Zidane's play,your teams play hadn't that much style. That team was full of big $$$ players who already had the experience and talent. Apart from $$$ Madrid didn't contribute anything. Zidane,Ronaldo,R.Carlos...all players i loved to watch till the moment Madrid bought them. That team was fake and artificial. Full of stars on the way down and no real team.(Beckham hahahaha)

Madrid is as fake as it can be. U think you can buy any player and it will bring succes for Madrid and you support them like they were your own products...but hey newsflash...most of them won't survive 2 seasons in Madrid.

Listen, i know a bit about older history of Madrid and i like what i heard but the RECENT buying whole teams policy is just sad and laughable

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I would just like to say that I read every post of electronic steve's as though they're being spoken by t-pain with autotune set to maximum.

he IS electronic steve, after all.

I'm more worried about real getting xabi than I am about them getting kaka. as mindblowingly retarded as that sounds.

Beast

The Observer
we had always youth products in defense/midfield,the main parts of the axis of a football team. How many youth products were in your first eleven during the last 5 years? And we have our own style.
Galacticos? You must be joking. Apart from Zidane's play,your teams play hadn't that much style. That team was full of big $$$ players who already had the experience and talent. Apart from $$$ Madrid didn't contribute anything. Zidane,Ronaldo,R.Carlos...all players i loved to watch till the moment Madrid bought them. That team was fake and artificial. Full of stars on the way down and no real team.(Beckham hahahaha)

Madrid is as fake as it can be. U think you can buy any player and it will bring succes for Madrid and you support them like they were your own products...but hey newsflash...most of them won't survive 2 seasons in Madrid.

the axis in 05 was not the youth.. it was Dinho-E2..
you do have your "Dutch " style .. to be accurate .. Pep is the first one to tweak the "Dutch " style this season ..

regarding the galactico reply.. i will refrain from answering since there is nothing to answer you with without teasing or offending you to make another baseless reply based on someone who hasn't watched Real Madrid prior to the last 4-5 year ..
and i will let those who actually watched Real from 2000 to 2003 from the Cule's answer you..and there is plenty who can.. maybe it will put some objectivity in your eyes..

If Madrid was fake i guess Barca when Laporta took over was fake as well , you can't buy success .. you build a team and you buy players to complete the team .. depending on the available players decide the number of players you buy..

but i think your reply indicate you don't remember Laporta first 2 seasons

F

FCB_Titi_LB

the axis in 05 was not the youth.. it was Dinho-E2..
you do have your "Dutch " style .. to be accurate .. Pep is the first one to tweak the "Dutch " style this season ..

regarding the galactico reply.. i will refrain from answering since there is nothing to answer you with without teasing or offending you to make another baseless reply based on someone who hasn't watched Real Madrid prior to the last 4-5 year ..
and i will let those who actually watched Real from 2000 to 2003 from the Cule's answer you..and there is plenty who can.. maybe it will put some objectivity in your eyes..

If Madrid was fake i guess Barca when Laporta took over was fake as well , you can't buy success .. you build a team and you buy players to complete the team .. depending on the available players decide the number of players you buy..

but i think your reply indicate you don't remember Laporta first 2 seasons
You can't change my "perception" ...
1 sentence on Perez:
"Hey...this doesnt seem to work, let's buy a whole new team . Perhaps we could be successfull again like our Galacticos years"
+ the way Madrid talked about their own club :"let's put efforts in our academy,we must have home grown players again" says it all imo.
What have they been doing the last 5 years? All about money/advertising. Now it fires back

You talk about 2 stars Dinho and E2 who made the team. Madrid buys 11 stars + tries to buy foreign players without respect for the clubs. Nobody likes this attitude. Same reason why people don't like Man . City and Chelsea.
Dont give us that cr** about building a team: if u buy wc players like Zidane,Figo,Ronaldo,Robinho,Roberto Carlos,Beckham,Van Nistelrooy etc...most of them in 1 same team u cant speak about lets find those players we miss in our team. If u have so much high profile quality players it's not difficult to form a "team". They already proved their worth in other WC teams who were build around them

Last edited:
B

blueduck

Blueduck won't be pleased.

Us City fans are used to it now.

:worthy:

article-1176091-04C58550000005DC-264_233x286.jpg

:D

Beast

The Observer
You can't change my "perception" ...
1 sentence on Perez:
"Hey...this doesnt seem to work, let's buy a whole new team . Perhaps we could be successfull again like our Galacticos years"
+ the way Madrid talked about their own club :"let's put efforts in our academy,we must have home grown players again" says it all imo.
What have they been doing the last 5 years? All about money/advertising. Now it fires back

You talk about 2 stars Dinho and E2 who made the team. Madrid buys 11 stars. Nobody likes this attitude. Same reason why people don't like Man . City and Chelsea.
there is a difference between perception and facts..

facts is Real Madrid with zidane,Figo and co played the best football in the planet back in the day.. those older cule's would tell you what they were like.. when you say you hated Roberto Carlos when he moved 12 years ago it means u didn't see him @ all .. Carlos was nothing before he moved to Real ..

Perception is what you just wrote about Perez, the fact is most cule's agree that Real need to buy and change the current dynamics.. when you don't have a proper position coming from your youth academy you do need to look elsewhere.. it's normal.. the problem as i mentioned yesterday to one of our members here that the quality Real produced were in positions that was already filled with the best names on the pitch (AM when you have Zidane, Forward when you have Ronaldo,Raul,Moro,Owen,Ruud,Robinho,Baptisita..etc ) .. while the defense was begging for any quality defender coming from the youth setup.. when finally we had the quality in the place for one of our most talented youth player he fell ill with a heart disease after playing as a starter for 10 games ..
Neither Real Madrid OR Barca can wait.. you don't know your club history if you think u can actually wait for your youth team to produce a generation of talents :wacko:.. the reason Laporta bought 14 players all of a sudden was to stop your 5 years of nothing

(if you want me to count them cause you were not watching i can.. no problem )

having a good number of players coming from the youth ranks is more an exception that rarely happen nowadays to teams then a rule you apply ..
for example ..you are looking for 5-6 new players to buy... not promoting 5 or 6 players... cause if you did that you'll be stupid as a club.. u promote a player or 2 a year and see how it goes sometime 2 can stay sometimes you send them both back or out on loan .. sometimes u have exceptional talent like Messi
.. if u promote more as back up u fall from the top faster then you can imagine

welcome to Spanish football and it's pressure ..

as for buying stars.. apart from Robben - cannavaro and maybe diarra & Ruud none of the current team was a mega star when we bought him
Higuain-Marcelo-Pepe-Ramos-Gago-Lass-Huntelaar-VDV..etc
in fact we take credit for turning Higuain into what he is today

Last edited:
S

Snyde

I would just like to say that I read every post of electronic steve's as though they're being spoken by t-pain with autotune set to maximum.

he IS electronic steve, after all.

I'm more worried about real getting xabi than I am about them getting kaka. as mindblowingly retarded as that sounds.
I read 'em like the computer's voice in Portal. (Half-Life) There is no cake! :lol:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
everything goes up and down...sure another year some other team will celebrate and not barca.

But:

1.first time in history a spanish team took the treble. Madrid can dream of this...
2.Madrid buys players since last decade to win things. Thats laughable. Barca has best academy.
3.As long as Xavi/iniesta/Messi is fit and we dont loose any strikers in form ,i cant imagine a better team. Perhaps you can win but u will never dominate like barca did this year IN STYLE (in general ....even in CL final...) because of OUR style (Cruiff)

Anyway :)

holidays...

To be honest, my comment was rather non-serious. If you have read my posts, none of them suggested that we will win the league for sure. I was not concerned with the players brought in as much as I was with the manager, which should suggest to you that my focus as a real madrid fan and supporter would be to bring in a sustainable system that matures into success over a reasonable period of time.

A lot of my posts praise Barcelona's success and never undermined their ability to continue going on.

But you do raise some interesting points which I will argue.

As to your first point, yes, you are the first team to represent Spain to win the Treble, and I have congratulated you for it. As to, Madrid can dream of it? Without sounding too arrogant or underminding your success, we never really cared for the Copa del Rey for one reason or another, therefore it was not in our interest to begin with, as opposed to Laporta who made it his point to win 7 titles in one season. Although credit is at where it is due.

We always bought players, and we will always continue to as the best players on earth belong at Madrid. We achieved success with them, and will continue to. But that is not to say that we did achieve success solely with them on the team. Second of all, France's football magazine did an extensive research and evaluation of all academy's and put Real Madrid's youth system is the best in the world for their ability to produce quality players in all departments. The fact that we did not use them properly is the sorriest decision we have taken, as a management. The Pavon and Mejia generation wasn't great, it produced decent players at max, however the generation that was scattered around La Liga was golden, and had all the necessary tools to be just as effective as Barcelona's, par Messi. Whether they would have is unknown and cannot be concluded. The signs of their success was there, the opportunity was scarce. To dismiss us as laughable is very inconsiderate, especially when you factor in the fact that despite all odds, we (in one way or form) pushed you to the very limits of La Liga. Having said all that, I do not deny the quality of players produced by La Masia. Phenomenal talent for sure, and as a Madridista I enjoyed their show and applauded their efforts and success despite the jealousy.

As for your last comment, who would have thought three vital starters would be out for the whole season? Who would have thought that our creative midfielder would injure himself badly and never return to form? Our transfer policy was arrogant, shallow and short sited. But that does not take away from the fact that three-four starters did take a massive toll on us. It does not happen often, but it does happen, Imagine if Xavi and Messi get injured for the rest of the season, do you have any idea how difficult it would be for you? Plus, to each his own preferred style, that is why you are a Barcelona fan, and that is why I am a Madrid fan. Some people prefer English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans