Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maz

I walk the line
Raed i guess you're arguing a hopeless case because some after this season some people will say that fcb can dominate for many years. Personally, I've loved this season, but i know madrid pose a real threat. For us to win back to back liga titles will be tough. We won this year and we can say that we were the best team in europe, but the truth is madrid weren't at the races. They kept up with us, but your quality of play wasn't enough, and our start to the season gave us a sizeable gap. However this season will be different. If you buy right (which you clearly have the potential to do), pellegrini aclimatises himself with the squad over summer, and you get off to a decent start, I'd say us winning the title next season would almost be a bigger achievement than us winning the treble this season. Of course history wont look at it that way, and rightly so, but we will need to dig deep to retain this league trophy. As pep said after we won the CL, teams will now want to beat us even more. And madrid will be one of them.

As for your youth system. I dont believe the players you have dotted around the liga constitute as a golden generation. As CA said, if this is your golden generation then long may it continue. Mata is probably the best of the lot, and de la red is very solid and has shown great potential, but when you compare it with the likes of iniesta, messi, bojan, piqué, cesc, arteta, you have players who have really lit up the leagues they've been in. Perhaps players like luis garcía, sergio garcía and luque are on the level of where your youth products will end up. In fact you've created some good goalkeepers. But i think arguing that the players your castilla has produced is over the top. You may have the facilities in place, but you're not creating the world beaters you should be.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Raed i guess you're arguing a hopeless case because some after this season some people will say that fcb can dominate for many years. Personally, I've loved this season, but i know madrid pose a real threat. For us to win back to back liga titles will be tough. We won this year and we can say that we were the best team in europe, but the truth is madrid weren't at the races. They kept up with us, but your quality of play wasn't enough, and our start to the season gave us a sizeable gap. However this season will be different. If you buy right (which you clearly have the potential to do), pellegrini aclimatises himself with the squad over summer, and you get off to a decent start, I'd say us winning the title next season would almost be a bigger achievement than us winning the treble this season. Of course history wont look at it that way, and rightly so, but we will need to dig deep to retain this league trophy. As pep said after we won the CL, teams will now want to beat us even more. And madrid will be one of them.

As for your youth system. I dont believe the players you have dotted around the liga constitute as a golden generation. As CA said, if this is your golden generation then long may it continue. Mata is probably the best of the lot, and de la red is very solid and has shown great potential, but when you compare it with the likes of iniesta, messi, bojan, piqué, cesc, arteta, you have players who have really lit up the leagues they've been in. Perhaps players like luis garcía, sergio garcía and luque are on the level of where your youth products will end up. In fact you've created some good goalkeepers. But i think arguing that the players your castilla has produced is over the top. You may have the facilities in place, but you're not creating the world beaters you should be.

And your players have become world beaters over night? Valdes, Puyol and Xavi are from a past generation, similar to that of Raul, Casillas, and Guti. Bojan has done jack shit, he hasn't proved himself at all, so he hasn't lit up anything. He has potential but yet to be fully tested. Pique is outstanding but he did learn a lot from Manchester United (especially his aerial anticipation and strength). Iniesta took three seasons to fully break in, he is the equivalent to De la Red. Difference is that you held onto him, we loaned him out, brought him back to help lead the team only for him to miss the season with a serious illness. Mata started slowly but has done very well in the league. Although I know most people around the world do not value him or consider him worthy of praise, but Torres before his injury and exclusion by Schuster the twat, commanded a starting place in Capello's team, a La Liga winning team as well as Schuster's second La Liga winning team. Then he was dropped in favour of Heinze.

Point being with faith and consistency, comes success and maturity. You should know all about faith ;)

I believe in our youth, I don't think they are that much further away from the quality you produce, but this is my personal optimistic opinion. I do not think it is over the top, statistics indicate lots of potential and the moment I see them squander their chances, then I will concede the argument. Until then, I still want their presence and count on it to come through with proper management. I emphasize proper management, because I don't think it has to do with the players as much as it has to do with the set up.

Do not take this as a praise to our youth players or any sort of sense of pride, because if I did call this a golden generation then I take it back, I will label it as a golden opportunity. Until they prove themselves worthy of Madrid by winning us titles, they will never amount of anything in the future.

Iniesta earned his colors, earned his title. Xavi, Valdes, Puyol, and Messi all did. Busquets, Bojan, Pique, are on their way to cement their place in history as all time legends if they win things consistently for the next ten years.

Nándor

Louis van Gaal Wants Van der Vaart & Sneijder At Bayern Munich - Report
The Dutch coach looks set to turn to his one time rivals to help build his new club…
4 Jun 2009 06:53:02

In-coming Bayern Munich manager, Louis van Gaal is looking to take advantage of the expected mass exodus at Real Madrid to help strengthen his Bavarian side.

The former Barcelona coach will take over the helm at the Allianz Arena for next season and according to German newspaper, Bild, he has reportedly set his sights on Rafael van der Vaart and Wesley Sneijder as his two primary transfer targets.

The two Oranje midfielders accrued little playing time at Los Blancos last season and with a new club administration in place, it is suspected that they will either be off-loaded during the summer or they will see even less first team action should they stay on.

Spanish daily AS, meanwhile, believes that Madrid president, Florentino Perez could use the pair as a bargaining chip to sign Bayern’s Franck Ribery.

------------------------------------------

as i said yesterday, their representative is in munich to talk with bayern. things are in motion regarding ribéry, though it looks like it won't and can't be a chash deal

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I hope VDV fucks off. I swear I have major hate towards him, as irrational as it is but I do.

Nándor

i won't blame you:D

as much as i liked watching him with the HSV, i don't with real. he's just not the same, he lacks pasion.

Nándor

ah, that's gotta be supposed to piss off!!! just finish the deal will you, i'm getting tired of the xabi alonso rumors. not to meantion that i consider him and kaka' as the two most important signings, which is why i want him to join asap

---------------------------------------------

Report: Liverpool Slap €40m Price Tag On Real Madrid Target Xabi Alonso

It seems that the Blancos will have to cough up some serious cash if the are to acquire the Reds midfielder.
4 Jun 2009 07:13:33

Real Madrid president, Florentino Perez was hoping that one of his favourite players, Xabi Alonso, would also be one of his easier transfer acquisitions this summer in his bid to revive the club’s fortunes, but the player’s current bosses at Liverpool appear to have other ideas.

The deep-lying playmaker was on the verge of leaving Anfield this time last year as his manager
, Rafael Benitez had hoped to cash in on his departure to fund a move for Gareth Barry.

And Perez was confident that a repeat scenario this year would allow Los Blancos to sneak in and prise Xabi away for a reasonable figure. But an unexpected turn of events earlier in the week has ruined any chance of a smooth-sailing transaction when Barry decided to join Manchester City instead.

According to Spanish paper, AS, Benitez will now try to balloon Alonso’s price in an attempt to ensure he has enough money to find the right replacement. It is reported that Madrid will have to start bidding at at least €40 million (₤34.4m), but it is also believed that Rafa first wants the midfielder to publicly admit that he wishes to leave the Merseysiders in search of a new adventure.

Perez has been tracking Alonso when he was still at Real Sociedad, but lost out on his signature after he decided to join Liverpool in 2004 for ₤10.5 million.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I can tolerate failure, I can tolerate mistakes and such but one thing I do not tolerate is the lack of passion or lack of motivation.

That is why I exclude Gago from my OUT list. At least he cares, he has sucked balls but he cares. He never took anything for granted. I will wait on another coach to guide him better, if he does not come through it is best we part away but I will forever have a soft spot for him.

VDV, never. That is why I am so mad at Sniejder too, I like him a lot, but he lacked mental strength. He should have went out there and enjoyed his best football, but he did not, he was overwhelmed.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Pellegrini believes that Real Madrid can win the trible---that is funny

I'm sure he was asked the question by a journalist and he has no option other than to say "yes". Madrid will be a bit obsessed by the treble for the next few seasons as we've finally done something they never have and that will irk them.

Nándor

@ CA...i think it was more like pellegrini saying real should always aspire to get the treple. he never said real would get it next season as far as i know and read

Nándor

I can tolerate failure, I can tolerate mistakes and such but one thing I do not tolerate is the lack of passion or lack of motivation.

That is why I exclude Gago from my OUT list. At least he cares, he has sucked balls but he cares. He never took anything for granted. I will wait on another coach to guide him better, if he does not come through it is best we part away but I will forever have a soft spot for him.

VDV, never. That is why I am so mad at Sniejder too, I like him a lot, but he lacked mental strength. He should have went out there and enjoyed his best football, but he did not, he was overwhelmed.

i agree on VDV, tough i'd say with sneijder, it's more another case of cicinho. he never recovered mentally from that injury during the arsenal game. just like cicinho, you could somehow sense that whenever he played again, he played with fear and didn't play to his full potential.

i suggested earlier, that he should move to a smaller club and recover in peace, which is impossible at madrid. bayern would be a good destination, especially the weaker bundesliga would see him rise to star status again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans