Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blueduck

exactly what CA said Thierry ... it doesn't matter what Citeh offer they are a no-body
we snatched him for 65 Million Euro

facepalm.gif

Give it a rest.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Come on BlueDuck, you've got to realise that your new owners are making you a bit of a joke with attempts to get players like Kaka', Villa, John Terry et al. Any player worthy of holding down a place in the starting XI of a club in the CL won't be interested in you and if he is it's because he lacks ambition. Realistically you won't be in the CL for another 3 seasons or more and that's where the top players want to be. Right now you don't have the squad or the manager to compete.

B

blueduck

Come on BlueDuck, you've got to realise that your new owners are making you a bit of a joke with attempts to get players like Kaka', Villa, John Terry et al. Any player worthy of holding down a place in the starting XI of a club in the CL won't be interested in you and if he is it's because he lacks ambition. Realistically you won't be in the CL for another 3 seasons or more and that's where the top players want to be. Right now you don't have the squad or the manager to compete.

What's wrong with having ambition?

The majority of people's views on City have been tainted by the media.

Most of the journo's that write about City "ruining football" and how we are a "joke" do it because they have an agenda.

The truth.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Jokes aside blueduck.. the problem is what your club is trying to do is not ambition.. it's stupidity ..
i gave you an example yesterday of Chelsea and other repeated it.. Chelsea lived on has been good /great players towards the end of their career yet popular .. established themselves in the EPL slowly.. entering the top 6 , won some trophies like the Cup winners cup..etc after providing consistency Roman bought them and with the money he had,WORLD KNOWN MANAGER and constant presence in the Champions league players joined them..

now do you see yourself like Chelsea before Roman ? the honest answer is a BIG NO .. you are NOW a mid of the table club.. players like Kaka,Villa..etc will never join you .. you need your own (taking a leaf out of Chelsea book ) you version of Zola,Vialli ..etc
there is players like that in the market.. the likes of Raul,Sheva(i would have said Rivaldo but he is too old ) , even Ruud,Nedved,Figo (if he want another year ) why not Ronaldo (Brazil ) ,Ze Roberto ,Juninho..
those combined with some of the good players you have like Kompany,De Jong,Richards,Elano,Petrov,Robinho.. you could start to annoy the big teams.. but most importantly get a freaking good manager .. hughes is really crap
buying Mediocre not so great but good EPL players will also keep you where you are..u need experience and skills .. u need to establish your own style.. you need to be something else then the other team in Manchester or the team with rich owners..
people watched Chelsea for one Gian Franco Zola.. legend but he was a cheslea trademark for pre -Roman Chelsea

Last edited:

Nándor

as for the LB spot...real were linked months ago with both sporting gijon prospects canella (21) and josé ángel (19). and now that we are talking about pellegrini and posible villareal player/ex-players, that brings up names like capedevila as short term solution or josé enrique, who played last season as a starter for villareal before being relegated this season with newcastle. and with regards to players with a "high profile", there were rumors about clichy & evra.

regarding the CB spot...metze is linked with a move to panathinaikos and i don't trust garay either. maybe racing could keep garay and real get that iván marcano kid instead, who i think/hear/read had a pretty good season and looks promising. and i already said that it's rumored pellegrini included gonzalo rodriguez and a wish list.

in order to get a complete sumary, there had been rumors about bruno alves, albiol and vidic. that kinda sums it up regarding defensive players who had been rumored or linked with a move to real. apart from capdevila, josé enrique (due to pellegrini) and iván marcano (due to the lack of trust in garay + same team) who were all brought up by me.

the defencive line is a really tough one should it change!!! high profile players in the defencive area are very short and too expensive baring in mind that most of the budget will be spent in order to strengthen the midfield line first and front line second. financially wise, the best shot would be those spanish youngsters. but that also the most dangerous.

that's really a tough one. personally i would keep the defensive line quite as it is and add only 2 more (not counting garay as one since he's already been signed last season)...otherwise, in addition to the new players in midfield and up front, there would be too many new players arriving. just get capdevila as a short term solution to replace heinze on the left and plan with canella for the future, with marcelo basically continue as a winger. plus one CB to replace cannavaro...albiol or gonzalo

LBs: capdevila & marcelo/canella (in time)
CBs: pepe, metze, garay & albiol/gonzalo
RBs: ramos & m. torres

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Jokes aside blueduck.. the problem is what your club is trying to do is not ambition.. it's stupidity ..
i gave you an example yesterday of Chelsea and other repeated it.. Chelsea lived on has been good /great players towards the end of their career yet popular .. established themselves in the EPL slowly.. entering the top 6 , won some trophies like the Cup winners cup..etc after providing consistency Roman bought them and with the money he had,WORLD KNOWN MANAGER and constant presence in the Champions league players joined them..

now do you see yourself like Chelsea before Roman ? the honest answer is a BIG NO .. you are NOW a mid of the table club.. players like Kaka,Villa..etc will never join you .. you need your own (taking a leaf out of Chelsea book ) you version of Zola,Vialli ..etc
there is players like that in the market.. the likes of Raul,Sheva(i would have said Rivaldo but he is too old ) , even Ruud,Nedved,Figo (if he want another year ) why not Ronaldo (Brazil ) ,Ze Roberto ,Juninho..
those combined with some of the good players you have like Kompany,De Jong,Richards,Elano,Petrov,Robinho.. you could start to annoy the big teams.. but most importantly get a freaking good manager .. hughes is really crap
buying Mediocre not so great but good EPL players will also keep you where you are..u need experience and skills .. u need to establish your own style.. you need to be something else then the other team in Manchester or the team with rich owners..
people watched Chelsea for one Gian Franco Zola.. legend but he was a cheslea trademark for pre -Roman Chelsea

Yep, I agree to a lot you have to say. I for one watched Chelsea cause' of Zola, the way they played football back than was really good to watch (especially since all the other teams in EPL played 'English' style football that sucked). The EPL is overcrowded with the 'big 4' and any team that would like a place in CL in EPL will have to be creative and come up with something new. Not only chasing 'superstars'.
And yes, a good start would be to get rid of Hughes.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
blue duck becoming a LEGEND in here... as for city i love it, bring some Flavor to the EPL they will make europe one day no?? nooo???

veryfatchocobo

What Man City should do is establish a core and a long-term plan. Another thing they need is a well-made youth academy just like Barça's.

Changing the topic, at LB, M. Torres > Marcelo and Drenthe IMO.

Instead of Xabi Alonso, how about Dani Parejo? You guys have to trust your youth players <_<

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
its more entertaining to man city throw together a team of random pretty good players / old superstars i hope they try to buy beckham next

Nándor

:lol::lol::lol: this one is funny, had to laugh out real loud :D...you gotta love the english press...the source is the mirror

--------------------------------------------

Real Madrid Stunned By Kaka's Demands - Report
Greed is taking its toll as Kaka's father is asking the impossible from Real Madrid...
4 Jun 2009 14:35:32

Kaka's alleged move to Real Madrid was well on the way of being wrapped earlier today as AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani publicly declared that the Brazilian is most likely to leave Italy, whereas president Silvio Berlusconi said that the move was up to the player himself.

After the two clubs agreed a fee of €65 million, conflict has now arisen between Real Madrid and Kaka's representatives, who are making astronomical demands.

According to British paper The Mirror, Kaka's agent and father, Bosco Leite, is supposedly asking for a personal commission of €11.5 million, a sum that Real Madrid president Florentino Perez thinks is much too high.

Leite is also demanding a signing-on-fee of an additional €11.5 million, plus a transfer and €1.5 million for Kaka's younger brother Digao. This would make Real Madrid pay a total €89.5 million, a sum that would break the bank as the highest transfer in history.

Real Madrid have been taken aback after receiving these outrageous demands, and are unlikely to accede to the terms of the deal. Should this be the case, then Kaka will remain at Milan, having already declared earlier this week that he wants to stay put at his current club.

Kaka is in Brazil with the national team preparing for a World Cup Qualifier against Uruguay, and has not been given permission to leave the country to sign any deals.

He has also refused to make any comments about his situation, but the Spanish press are adamant that Kaka indeed wants Madrid, declaring to his friends, "Everything is almost done. I know that I will be going to Madrid. I am very happy."

The final decision concerning Kaka's future is expected to be revealed on Monday.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I think Man C would have been better off with Sven Göran. He always found players that nobody else thought of and made a good team starting with the back 4. Not necesserily expensive superstars, but everybody had a role to fulfill in the team. Imagine what he could do with the transfer money today, and he'd still have money left over :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans